Help > I9100G enter bootloop suddenly n dead

Search This thread

eddie2020

Jan 15, 2012
the phone on like usual , put aside.. when want to use take it and saw it in boot screen.., wait quite long still stuck there.. take off battery and put back in straight cant turn on.. any idea to revive it?

download/cwm mode both not working... tried press 3 together and insert battery also no respond.. charge no respond too... is it mobo dead symtom?

EDIT: Charge it will hot but no respond

Last edited:

eddie2020

Jan 15, 2012
Same advice as this thread (I.E try the things I suggested to that person); though in your case it's 99.999999% likely you're going to need a motherboard replacement if you intend to keep the phone.

i cant find usb jig over here...
the person sttill able to go downlad or cwm.. this phone unable to turn on.. tried jump start by holding 3 button and insert battery do not work..

can i know how long should i hold the 3 button? as the post say too many people release early..

if the mobo really spoilt, will it affect the internal memory? for example i sell it to faulty phone shop, do they able to recover? if not maybe sell it and get a new phone

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
1) You hold the buttons as long as you have to - if it hasn't booted into download mode having held the buttons for twenty seconds, it won't be ever.

2) You can order a jig on eBay; you don't have to find one 'over here'.

3) Nobody can access your internal memory (including you). It's probably dead anyway.

If you decide to keep the phone, you get a motherboard replacement. If you sell it as is, expect to get very little money for it (the only part useful to someone else will probably be the screen).

eddie2020

Jan 15, 2012
1) You hold the buttons as long as you have to - if it hasn't booted into download mode having held the buttons for twenty seconds, it won't be ever.

2) You can order a jig on eBay; you don't have to find one 'over here'.

3) Nobody can access your internal memory (including you). It's probably dead anyway.

If you decide to keep the phone, you get a motherboard replacement. If you sell it as is, expect to get very little money for it (the only part useful to someone else will probably be the screen).

it will turn hot when i plug charger on it.. so it considered death too?
planning to sell it out but only concern people have chance revive it back and get data inside..

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Correct. Heat at the back + no boot = one or more components on the motherboard have died. It is impossible to read the data off an EMMC in these situations

As I said in my PP, if you sell it, the only thing which be useful for whomever buys it is the screen, assuming they don't replace the motherboard & get the phone working again, and as the EMMC is on the motherboard, new board = new EMMC.

Nobody is going to access your data if you sell it (and even if they could, why would they ? You're paranoid/read too much of the hysteria the tech media push as 'journalism'); it's gone (and I'm not saying this again, twice is my limit).

eddie2020

Jan 15, 2012
Correct. Heat at the back + no boot = one or more components on the motherboard have died. It is impossible to read the data off an EMMC in these situations

As I said in my PP, if you sell it, the only thing which be useful for whomever buys it is the screen, assuming they don't replace the motherboard & get the phone working again, and as the EMMC is on the motherboard, new board = new EMMC.

Nobody is going to access your data if you sell it (and even if they could, why would they ? You're paranoid/read too much of the hysteria the tech media push as 'journalism'); it's gone (and I'm not saying this again, twice is my limit).

credit card data etc.. the phone is my bro 1.. i just asking... yesterday he told be that he bring to phone shop for last time before purchase.. the phone repair people say IC dead,, replace cost less than 100.. but dont know which IC, data depend on which IC...

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You can replace the entire motherboard for around the same price. We've seen a number of posts over the past 12 mths or so with this 'replace power IC' fix suggested, but nobody has posted after saying the repair was carried out successfully.

It involves replacing an individual component on the motherboard, these components are tiny, and Samsung service centres/almost all other repairers won't even attempt such a repair. If this repair is unsuccessful, you will end up having to pay for a motherboard replacement + the cost of the failed repair.

So if the plan is to keep the phone, insist on motherboard replacement. You can source a 2nd hand one online yourself & pay a mobile repair shop to do the replacement (and many mobile repair shops may even be able to source one for you), and as I said in my first para, this will cost you not a lot more than what you've been quoted for this dubious repair, but you will pretty much guarantee to fix the phone first time unless there's other components not working.

By all means choose the option you've been given (replacing the individual component), but be aware there's a fair chance it may not work, and if this is the case you'll end up with extra expense if you end up needing the motherboard replaced.

If it was me, I'd want it fixed right the first time.

Anyways, this is my last post to this thread. Nothing personal, but I've given you the options, up to you/your brother to decide what you want to do, no amount of further to-ing/fro-ing in this thread is going to change that.