[MOD] Blue/Red/Green Status Bar mods + Batt% - "Any One X Sense Rom" [UPDATED 30/08]

Search This thread

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hi,

Thanks for comfirmation, I'll add in a wipe dalvik cache to the updater-script, Not sure on /cache itself, as that is where the backup goes to (although, I'm not sure if VillainRom devs have actually made the backup functional!)...

The battery has disappeared althogther? Could you show a screen shot? (Volume down and power at the same time on any ICS rom)
What I'm thinking is that, as it replaces the images, and there isn't a battery percentage to replace (just the normal 7 (I think) images of the normal battery meter, I could change it so that the stock odexed rom replaces the battery for just the 7 images to the ICS battery, without the percentage...
If this is the case, when you hit certain percentages (15, 28, 43, 57, 71, 85 & (maybe) 100, it will show the battery with percentage... Not ideal in this case!

When I have time, probably tomorrow now, maybe tonight if I dont get drunk :)D), I will download the stock odexed rom and create a "normal" ICS battery with those percentages, and have the two seperate downloads...

Thanks for the feedback - Matt :)

The battery icon didn't show up at all. So "find" where the odexed version keeps the icons and replace thoose too, then one version should be enough.

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hmmm... I'll have to take a look, don't know if I'm that good, looking through odex files... Will see what I can do tomorrow though, if I have time.. :)thanks, Matt

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

p2nv

Apr 5, 2012
Adelaide
Matt thank you for all your hard work.

Is the zip file to be flashed through cwm?

Would it be also possible to create a zip which would restore the status bar icons back to stock colour and style?

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Matt thank you for all your hard work.

Is the zip file to be flashed through cwm?

Would it be also possible to create a zip which would restore the status bar icons back to stock colour and style?

Hi, yes this is to be flashed through cwm, remember to take a nandroid backup first though :)
I'll create a revert.zip either later today, or tomorrow... Monday at the latest...

Thanks, Matt

ttav

Aug 6, 2010
Working fine for me matt:)Any chance of a red version? I`m a great fan of red and black (i`m not a goth:D)

Reactions: mattmanwrx

youzilyj621

Oct 7, 2011
hey Matt, first off thx for the mod. flashed on ARHD 3.1 and so sad the battery icon has gone...even after a wipe of dalvik. waiting for your revert.zip.

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi Everyone...

I have found the problems with battery icon disappearing..
Within this theme there are the 100 .png's for the battery and 100 .pngs for the charge animtion....

With the VillainTheme system, it replaces the images within the app, for less hassle to the themer, but also means it should be functional with many different roms, and version (for example works with "most sense 4.0 roms" but also works with 1.26 and 1.28).

As the standard rom and ARHD doesn't have the 100 .png's it cannot replace them, so the battery then gets "lost".. This creates a problem for me.. I would need to create two/three versions of this .zip, one for batt mod already (i.e. leedroid rom), one for stock (the stock ICS battery without a percentage), and then maybe one for ARHD...

What I would prefer (at the moment), is for people that want to use this and dont have the battery mod yet, then to flash a battery mod theme and then flash this. For users of stock odex roms, the only thing I could try is to add the percentage to the stock systemui.apk (not knowing too much on odexed roms (always used deodexed roms)) and then letting the users flash the mod in the OP...

For the moment, I will be thinking this through and seeing which the best option is..

Also working on a revert.zip right now. This revert will be based on the LeeDrOid roms framework... Anothing thing is that it will restore the battery mod from the leedroid rom, again, unless I make 3-4 different revert .zips..

Any suggestions welcome..

Thanks, Matt

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hi Everyone...

Within this theme there are the 100 .png's for the battery and 100 .pngs for the charge animtion....

With the VillainTheme system, it replaces the images within the app, for less hassle to the themer, but also means it should be functional with many different roms, and version (for example works with "most sense 4.0 roms" but also works with 1.26 and 1.28).

As the standard rom and ARHD doesn't have the 100 .png's it cannot replace them, so the battery then gets "lost".. This creates a problem for me.. I would need to create two/three versions of this .zip, one for batt mod already (i.e. leedroid rom), one for stock (the stock ICS battery without a percentage), and then maybe one for ARHD...

What I would prefer (at the moment), is for people that want to use this and dont have the battery mod yet, then to flash a battery mod theme and then flash this. For users of stock odex roms, the only thing I could try is to add the percentage to the stock systemui.apk (not knowing too much on odexed roms (always used deodexed roms)) and then letting the users flash the mod in the OP...

For the moment, I will be thinking this through and seeing which the best option is..

Also working on a revert.zip right now. This revert will be based on the LeeDrOid roms framework... Anothing thing is that it will restore the battery mod from the leedroid rom, again, unless I make 3-4 different revert .zips..

Thanks, Matt

thx for trying. for odexed its the same as deodexed almost, place in battery xml files and battery100-0 x 2 and then flash this mod, then its ok. but thats another story.

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Thanks for the response... i will look into making the batt mod for stock, maybe using aroma to see what rom the user is using, then flash a modified systemui, then theme... a lot of work at the moment (never looked into aroma installer), so just a thought at the moment...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Working fine for me matt:)Any chance of a red version? I`m a great fan of red and black (i`m not a goth:D)

A little teaser for you ;)

SB6-red.png

Reactions: ttav

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
Hi Everyone...

Thanks, Matt

Just stumbled about this thread and try to shed a bit light on this issue. ROM independent methods like Villain or metamorph are great, as long as you don`t ADD new resources to an apk. Every battery mod adds additional png`s (not only replaces existing one`s) and these need to be added to public.xml in values folder, which automatically happens when compiling an apk after these changes. Since this method does not involve compiling new resources, certainly there are no new ID`s for the added resources in the apk and subsequently it fails.

So you need either limit mods with this method to mods, which do not need any changes to resources or you add matching resources.arsc, which certainly make the ROM independent idea obsolete (or add a disclaimer - only for ROM`s, that already have 1% battery). In case of stock ODEXED and ARHD there is no need to have 2 different versions, since you don`t touch Java code with this mod anyway. So a version with standard number of batterie png`s will work on both and you don`t need the 2 stat_sys_battery xml`s for these.

Hope that was clear enough.

Last edited:

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi, thanks for the relpy... Yes, unless it already had a battery mod (which roms like arhd and stock dont) then it doesn't work, as the value in public doesn't point to a drawable... I'm thinking of making this with the aroma installer, compiling a battery mod (for the public.xml) and then flashing the villiantheme system... A bit long winded, might even be easier to just compile for the designated rom.. but at the moment, when the new release of leedroid is released this mod will still work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] Blue/Red/Green Status Bar mods + Batt% - "Any One X Sense Rom" [UPDATED 30/08]

If you don't already have a battery mod (1-100% and 1-100% battery mod charge), this will delete your battery. I'm working on a fix for this.
    Stock Rom and ARHD are the two I know of at the moment.
    Take a nandroid backup incase it delete yours battery icon.

Hi,

I have always been a lover of vanilla Android, and never really liked sense.. Sense 4.0 has changed, and I do like it, however, I'm still not keen on the status bar...

I have changed the icons in the status bar to be ICS Blue, which I think looks so much better! (Red added by request! - 30th April)
    I am using the VillainTheme System, by VillainRom devs, which replaces the .png's within the app, instead of replacing the actual apk itself. A lot easier, and should work with all sense 4.0 roms :D

Anyway, below are screen shots. The clock is coloured from tweaks app (i'm on ViperXroms), the rest is in the flashable.zip that is found on my website..

Please click here to go to my site, navigate to the downloads page, and choose the Sense 4.0 Blue ICS Status Bar Mods.
    (No direct link as the ad revenue helps pay for my time ;))

Any problems, non-themed icons or requests, please let me know :)

Thanks, Matt

SB6.png
    blue-sense.png

SB6-red.png
    red-sense.png

SB6-green.png
    green-sense.png

Included in this themeing session -
    • SystemUI
    • Framework-res
    • Mail
    • Gmail
    • Messaging
    • Music
    • GTalk
    • PSCS (USB & HDMI Icons)

Code:
    Changelog

Updated For Newer 2.17 Base (Android 4.0.4)
    Bug: Talk.apk not themed - looking into it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24 May 2012 - Sense Style Battery Added To Aroma Options

21 May 2012 - Found that USB Icon - USB Now Coloured
                - Now Using AROMA Installer, For A One Tim e Download/Try All Option!
                - GTalk Now Themed Too!

03 May 2012 - Green Released - By Request (Same Icons Just Green!)

30 April 2012 - RED Released - By Request! (Same Icons Just Red!)

V2 released - 26 April 2012
    Apps That Have Themed Status Bar Icons

[list]
    [*]SystemUI
    [*]Framework-res
    [*]Mail
    [*]Gmail
    [*]Messaging
    [*]Music
    [/list]
    Nice, and nicer you are using villaintheme system ;)
    A little teaser for you ;)

SB6-red.png

It's simply awesome, can't hardly wait.... Wait.......... Wait....... :banghead: lol
    Thanks man! Worked well and looks great! NOW.. my phone looks good!

hi matt,
    i'm just learning to use villaintheme system, and use your theme as example.
    i'm use HTC One V which is hdpi device, so i have to do resize and rename some to make it work:D
    btw, i like to ask you, how to change color date&clock? which part that i have to edit to change it?

thanks in advance

sorry for my bad english

Clock and date colour was done with viperX tweaks apps, I didn't actually change the colours in the theme...