[Q] Unable to downgrade to .534 after mainboard change!

Search This thread

meta99

Oct 18, 2010
I have cleaned the internal sdcard and tried without external sdcard and simcard.

Don't think it is possible to get a log file from the phone while in bootloop?

If my new mainboard is incompatible with .534 and older, I guess other users would have the same problem?

Mine is C6903 and I have same boot loop when flastool .534. Any solution for this issue yet?

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
Mine is C6903 and I have same boot loop when flastool .534. Any solution for this issue yet?

I had to send my back to the workshop since it wasnt assembled correctly and the screen had som dark fields on it. But as soon as I got it back in my hands I will try the towelroot method, since it is reported to work with C6903.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have rooted my Z1 many times without problem, first downgraded to .534, root with Bin4ry's root tool, then flash the .zip file from recovery and flash stripped .ftf with FlashTool.
    By rooting this way I can keep my bootloader locked.

A couple of weeks ago I had to send my phone for repairs when the call speaker gave up and they changed the mainboard (new IMEI).

After this I can not downgrade to .534 anymore! It will stuck at a bootloop, with only the Sony logo showing. Downgrading to .257 (the version after .534) is no problem though.
    I have tried many different .534 tft-files, including NUT's.

Any ideas? Could this new mainboard be incompatible with the oldest firmwares? Sounds unlikely to me.

Thanks!

If it's incompatible with 534 then i'd be surprised, my guess is that it's a dodgy download and you should re-download the FTF file or an alternative and make sure it's the only thing that your computer is doing at the time, even check the MD5 checksum if it's available.

Are you flashing the full FTF file when downgrading and allowing for a wipe?

Only problem i've had when downgrading is losing the IMEI but after you've rooted , installed a custom recovery and installed a custom rom that'll come back anyway.
    If it's incompatible with 534 then i'd be surprised, my guess is that it's a dodgy download and you should re-download the FTF file or an alternative and make sure it's the only thing that your computer is doing at the time, even check the MD5 checksum if it's available.

Are you flashing the full FTF file when downgrading and allowing for a wipe?

Only problem i've had when downgrading is losing the IMEI but after you've rooted , installed a custom recovery and installed a custom rom that'll come back anyway.

Thanks, yes I have tried with 5 different .534 ftf-files, all of them resulting in this bootloop. I am doing a full flash with wipe. Downgrading to .257 is working fine though, but then I cant root.

I am running out of ideas :)
    Thanks, yes I have tried with 5 different .534 ftf-files, all of them resulting in this bootloop. I am doing a full flash with wipe. Downgrading to .257 is working fine though, but then I cant root.

I am running out of ideas :)

Are you branded? What model is the phone C6903? C6902?

don't forget the obvious stones :)
    Are you branded? What model is the phone C6903? C6902?

don't forget the obvious stones :)

It's not branded. No SIM-lock, Generic_NCB customization. C6903.

Now I have tried with older versions of FlashTool and I tried other USB-ports too, but no success. Newer firmwares then .534 flashes just fine.
    It's not branded. No SIM-lock, Generic_NCB customization. C6903.

Now I have tried with older versions of FlashTool and I tried other USB-ports too, but no success. Newer firmwares then .534 flashes just fine.

Which version of flashtool are you using currently? I've found that some firmwares just don't like the older flashtools.

What about different USB cables? Shouldn't make any difference but I thought I'd ask. I find it odd the way it'll work for newer but not older firmwares, perhaps someone else should chime in with an idea.

I'm all out, as this isn't something i've come across and everything i'd try myself i've told you.