Wrong battery information!!!

Search This thread

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Hi, I am using rooted wildfire with cm7.2 which is very nice rom and working almost perfactly,
Have a strange problom from some days that my device did,nt showing correct battery status and charging percentage.. always after charging whole night it shows just between 50 to 60 % charging.. if anyone knows that what kind of this issue plz tell me, is this a hardwear problem or any other issue?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda app-developers app

GlennBrownie

May 31, 2011
Manchester
Hi, I am using rooted wildfire with cm7.2 which is very nice rom and working almost perfactly,
Have a strange problom from some days that my device did,nt showing correct battery status and charging percentage.. always after charging whole night it shows just between 50 to 60 % charging.. if anyone knows that what kind of this issue plz tell me, is this a hardwear problem or any other issue?

Have you tried re-calibrating your battery?

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah dear I have tried but battery celebration apps required 100% charging for celebration.. but my device has always showing under 60% charging that's why its not works.. :p:rolleyes:

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
If u know any other idea for battery calibration so kindly tell me, will really thankful:)

MacGyver Jack

Mar 1, 2012
Cheshire
Is it in your status bar that it shows the incorrect value?

Try going to Settings > About Phone > Status

It should tell you the correct value there. If it still shows up as the incorrect value i believe it could be a problem with your actual battery.

olu.danNY

May 27, 2012
Lagos
OnePlus 7T Pro
Yeah dear I have tried but battery celebration apps required 100% charging for celebration.. but my device has always showing under 60% charging that's why its not works.. :p:rolleyes:

In your case, you don't need an app for calibration. Since you can't get your phone to show correct status, reboot into Recovery, go to Advanced and Wipe Battery Stats. Reboot phone, Run Wifi, Bluetooth, Torch, Music and anything that could drain battery faster altogether until the battery runs down and switches itsef off. Try recharging and see the result.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Thank u so much to all of u..
I,ll do it and see the results.. :beer::)

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Hi, dear all, last night I did the procedure as per ur instructions, I have wipe battery status into advance recovery mode and after drain my all power, after switching off the device automatically I have charged again whole night.. but have disapointment after turn on device in the morning.. the battery status showing same results as previous.. its confirm that my actual battery has working fine as usual, its given me standerd backup time like as I was got this device very first day.. but as u know everyone always need to know actual battery status of their device for avoiding inconveniance about lac of power so I also need this feature really.. plz help me out I am sufring from this issue a lot.. :what:

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Ohhh.. I am really disappointed.. :(

olu.danNY

May 27, 2012
Lagos
OnePlus 7T Pro
This is strange... Changing the battery is not an option as it works well... Have you tried flashing another ROM?

If I may ask, did this battery issue started when you flashed CM7?

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
This is strange... Changing the battery is not an option as it works well... Have you tried flashing another ROM?

Its happened to quite a few people since I've been around this forum, dont think anyone has pinned down a particular reason for it happening and the only explanation from HTC is that its a mobo fault........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
May be its a mobo fault but this is truth that I am facing this issue after flashing cm7.2..!
I have been told this rom working almost perfactly and such a nice and smoother one but before I was used Sunabh Rom v.1.1 by Vibhus which is also nice rom and had never facing issue like this on my previous rom.. :)

NumairAdil

Apr 24, 2012
Its not yet possible.. I have been delete nandroid backup of my previou rom :p

ahwini

Jan 22, 2011
Battery issue with wildfire

i have been experiencing the same problem with the battery .. doesn't seem to get past the 70% mark. I started noticing this few weeks into using CM7 ( currently using CM7.2 RC3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1698029 the issue still remains) At first i found out that if i reboot my phone after putting it to charge , it would charge all the way to 100 %. But slowly that too started fading and now nothing i do gets it above 70%. even got a new battery to no avail, and i cant get more than 5 to 6 hrs with the battery .. the battery drain is incredible :(

am i using an incorrect kernel or something ?? any help is appreciated .. thanks in advance !

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
My opinion is its something to do with your phone itself, if it was software/kernel related we would all most likely get the same problem as we are all using the same piece of software.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

revankar

Nov 21, 2011
I too have this problem mine does not charge beyond 79% sometimes 75%. With my experience this is too do with the kernel that CM7 uses. If I restart the device it will show 100%.
If I go back to the stock kernel the charging goes all the way to 100%.
Either my charger has broken or its the overclock-able kernel.
I have tried every other method out there.
The battery performance is good BTW.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOL,Dude get out from your fukin "Madrasa",join some school and first learn how to speak and write proper english.
    One day dumb guys like you will accuse that CM and XDA are American anti-islamic communities :p
    If you don't want to learn english coz it's western language which according to your ideology would be against your so called great islam religion.Go to Osama Bin Laden and ask him how to flash a ROM in arabic or urdu LOL
    Pathetic losers.

HI
    i dont see a reason why you are evoking religion in this discussion:confused:
    this is against the forum rules warning given to u pls also dont use bad language as it is also not allowed as per XDA rules
    WARNING

hi
    ok i have deleted all unwanted post in this thread

I DONT WANT ANY KIND OF RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS IT IS NOT ALLOWED AS PER XDA FORUM RULES STIK TO THE SUBJECT
    serious action will be taken on the next person posting any kind of relgious matter it is just not acceptable as per XDA rules ok:good::laugh:

In your case, you don't need an app for calibration. Since you can't get your phone to show correct status, reboot into Recovery, go to Advanced and Wipe Battery Stats. Reboot phone, Run Wifi, Bluetooth, Torch, Music and anything that could drain battery faster altogether until the battery runs down and switches itsef off. Try recharging and see the result.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.
    hi
    ok i have deleted all unwanted post in this thread

I DONT WANT ANY KIND OF RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS IT IS NOT ALLOWED AS PER XDA FORUM RULES STIK TO THE SUBJECT
    serious action will be taken on the next person posting any kind of relgious matter it is just not acceptable as per XDA rules ok:good::laugh:

You spelt stick wrong :D

Sent from pixels to more pixels
    Thank u so much to all of u..
    I,ll do it and see the results.. :beer::)

Be sure to Thanks us properly by hitting the "Thanks" button! :D