[rom][sero7 pro][gummy][unofficial][kang]

Search This thread

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
KANG######THIS ROM IS UNOFFICIAL######KANG

I've been builing this for a while now for personal use and I thought I would share it now that everything seems to be working. All I do is compile and upload..these are the Devs that did all the tough stuff...Thanks for making this such a great Tablet.

All Credit, Thanks & Donations need to go to these guys:

TEAM-GUMMY- https://twitter.com/TeamGummyRom
randomblame- TakTik Rom
delorespark- DOPA Rom
davepmer- CM-11

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!
NOT MY FAULT IF YOU BRICK YOUR TABLET!!!!!
YADA YADA YADA!!!!

Git Hub----kernel https://github.com/bdadd34/android_kernel_hisense_m470bsa

Download GummYKanG--
3-13-14- new kernel with no oc based off of delorespark kernel source with davepmer wi-fi + full device tree including ramdisk..all deloresparks original patches for audio and charger. It doesn't have his latest bluetooth patch but i will add into next build. i will upload an oc kernel in post #2 shortly for those wanting one. Dont know about adding govs...they seem to lag pretty bad and i have yet to find any in other tegra 3 device. I'm thinking there is reason for that...so instead i will try to tweek interactive and ondemand and see how that runs.

3-29-14- new build based off delores park aosp repos and all his patches except 2nd a2dp patch which caused problems with viper4android and some bluetooth audio freeze ups. I will start weekly updates now and sometimes sooner if needed. No overclock in rom but I will upload a new basic oc kernel tomorrow.

gUmmYkAng dOwnlOAd fOldEr

Download your favorite 4.4.2 gapps-
PA Gapps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
Slim Gapps http://www.slimroms.net/.../addons4-4

highly recommended
Download SuperSU http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip

Boot to recovery--use one of randomblames recoveries either one should work fine.
wipe data and format system
flash rom
flash gapps
flash superSU

Enjoy

Screen Shots

azegazu4.jpg

7u7e4e3e.jpg

yjatesub.jpg

hu9y9epu.jpg

ve2ugybu.jpg

zu9use4a.jpg
bebe9ezu.jpg

Last edited:

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
Boot.img zips

new 1.5ghz for latest rom version--oc, added sio and tcp_westwood, changed ondemand and interactive gov settings for performence.
github link now in op
gUmmYkAngOc314.zip - 8.42 MB

rom kernel
gUmmYkAng314_rom_kern.zip - 9.67 MB

here are a couple 1.3 ghz kernels built from delorespark's m470bsa source. Both with davepmer wi-fi changes..sorry no signitures yet, so disable check in recovery.

PRE CHARGER FIX ONLY
stkgUmmY_nocpuQt.zip--no cpu quiet, no oc, very stock like.
http://d-h.st/Wzq]stkgUmmY_nocpuQt.zip - 9.56 MB

stkgUmmY_plus3-12-14boot.zip--no oc, added cpu quiet, and tcp_westwood
http://d-h.st/EYG]stkgUmmY_plus3-12-14boot.zip - 9.56 MB

Last edited:
Reactions: SacredMyths

MrSimmonsSr

Jul 24, 2008
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together and for sharing it. Anything not working that you know of? A2DP? HDMI?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together and for sharing it. Anything not working that you know of? A2DP? HDMI?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

In the OP it says everything is working. Probably the ROM is based on Dave's device trees, that's what my public PAC build will be based on.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
Everything I have tested has worked so far...I'm going to get an HDMI cord today so I can test that. All other video and sound works and HDMI should as well but haven't been able to test. The device tree and current kernel are based from Randomblames repo but have little bits and pieces from tf101 tf301 grouper davpmer and delorespark. I'm currently switching the kernel base to davepmers , he did a lot of work fixing the hack job hisense did on the source code. I used randomblames first because deloresparks audio fix was made for taktik and I wanted to test first with that kernel base. I have a build going now with a new gummy sync and davepmers kernel.

Also anyone else having issues uploading to dev-host I get to 100% and I hangs...tried 3 different computers at 2 separate locations same result.

Edit...
---just beamed a pic to my xt926 with NFC while Bluetooth audio was playing Pandora..?

---Any request for kernel govs or iosched ? Going to try to build a couple kerneles tonight.
Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: SacredMyths

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
Everything I have tested has worked so far...I'm going to get an HDMI cord today so I can test that. All other video and sound works and HDMI should as well but haven't been able to test. The device tree and current kernel are based from Randomblames repo but have little bits and pieces from tf101 tf301 grouper davpmer and delorespark. I'm currently switching the kernel base to davepmers , he did a lot of work fixing the hack job hisense did on the source code. I used randomblames first because deloresparks audio fix was made for taktik and I wanted to test first with that kernel base. I have a build going now with a new gummy sync and davepmers kernel.

Also anyone else having issues uploading to dev-host I get to 100% and I hangs...tried 3 different computers at 2 separate locations same result.

Edit...
---just beamed a pic to my xt926 with NFC while Bluetooth audio was playing Pandora..?

---Any request for kernel govs or iosched ? Going to try to build a couple kerneles tonight.
Awesome news! For CPU govs how about SmartassV2. I had a bad download and couldnt flash. Gonna try redownloading rom.

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
Hi, thanks for the ROM!

I flashed it last night but I can't get the wifi to work. What do I need to do? thanks..

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
update

New update in op dev-host and dropbox... made more wi-fi changes from davepmer device tree. still needs reboot at set up but i uploaded because last update was missing quite a few of his changes.

jhienk

Aug 14, 2013
Cape May
installed latest version yesterda. woke up this morning to a dead tablet. Plugged it in and it tried to boot but i guess not enough juice to run stuck at hisense screen. powered off and left alone for a little while. tried to boot into recovery and would only show charging splash. tried to just normally boot and wala it worked! checked battery status and says 85% android os eating the battery. anyone else notice battery drain? or is it just me?

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
installed latest version yesterda. woke up this morning to a dead tablet. Plugged it in and it tried to boot but i guess not enough juice to run stuck at hisense screen. powered off and left alone for a little while. tried to boot into recovery and would only show charging splash. tried to just normally boot and wala it worked! checked battery status and says 85% android os eating the battery. anyone else notice battery drain? or is it just me?

I am having troubles booting. Sometimes i have to clear cache to boot. Also when the device locks it will not wake up.

I

irimolsjik572

Gotta flash when I get home! Glad to see another ROM out there for this tablet

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I

irimolsjik572

Best looking and most customizable ROM to date for this tablet

Last edited:

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
I am having troubles booting. Sometimes i have to clear cache to boot. Also when the device locks it will not wake up.

i'm going to repost the first version for those having troubles with the last update. Ill try get it fixed tonight. i think i found the error but didn't have time before work to fix it. hopefully i can get that done and start on kernels tonight.

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
i'm going to repost the first version for those having troubles with the last update. Ill try get it fixed tonight. i think i found the error but didn't have time before work to fix it. hopefully i can get that done and start on kernels tonight.

Wow! That is great! I appreciate your work on this ROM! It is the slimmest and quickest ROM to date for our tablet. Thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts