Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Search This thread

b1gwest

Sep 18, 2009
I've managed to get into a right pickle with my Vodaphone Magic 32B

I originally flashed the SPL with Engineering SPL 1.33.2005. All was fine and I managed to use the Cyanogenmod without problems.

Last night I was trying to flash the evil hero rom, it kept failing (verification failed). After a few reboots to try reflashing my SPL now displays "Sapphire PVT 32B ENG S-ON H". It said S-OFF previously.

Now when I try and update from SD it gives me an error message saying

"E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory) E: Can't mount SDCARD:"

I can still fastboot to a recovery rom and use adb but I cannot flash any roms to get the phone up and running.

I have tried 2 different SD cards and reformatted them both. Both of them worked fine before yesterday.

I have tried "adb shell mount /sdcard" and this gives the same error
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Resolved

For some reason my phone has started working again. I booted it up today after leaving the battery out of it for a couple of days and "Sapphire PVT 32B ENG S-ON H" had changed to "Sapphire PVT 32B ENG S-OFF G"
I was just about to phone Vodafone as well!

Flashed back to cyanogen rom. Nice when things fix themselves!

Last edited:

b1gwest

Sep 18, 2009
I think I found what might be causing the problem. The command line in adb using "cat /proc/cmdline" gives the following.

board_sapphire.disable_uart3=1 board_sapphire.usb_h2w_sw=1 board_sapphire.disable_sdcard=1 smisize=64 androidboot.baseband=2.22.19.26I androidboot.cid=VODAP001 androidboot.carrier=VODA-UK androidboot.keycaps=qwerty androidboot.mode=recovery_manual androidboot.serialno=<removed> androidboot.bootloader=1.33.2005 no_console_suspend=1 fbcon=rotate:1

I have tried changing the board_sapphire.disable_sdcard=1 to 0. using the fastboot -c option. Sometimes I can see the mmcblk0p1 block, but when I try and mount it just hangs.

Could someone please fastboot to cm recovery image and tell me what it says for when they do adb shell command "cat /proc/cmdline" ?

Last edited:

b1gwest

Sep 18, 2009
I did try the fix permissions option in the cm recovery rom. I tried pretty much every option to try and get it working!

I did not think fix_permissions did anything to the sdcard?

I have tried 5 difference SDcards now and formatted them in a variety of fat32/ext2/ext3/swap formats. None are detected.

When I use the fastboot -c option to enable the sdcards it sometimes detects the mmcblk0p1 block but freezes when trying to mount it.

b1gwest

Sep 18, 2009
I managed to get it to mount the scard but using the fastboot command

fastboot -c board_sapphire.disable_sdcard=0 boot cm-recovery-1.4.img

This does not work every time. But when I try and apply an update it freezes on "opening update package..."

I did manage to flash another SPL (1.33.2004). But it still has sdcard disabled in commandline..

Last edited:

sovereignty68

Jun 9, 2006
I have exactly same problem after I flashed 32A radio and recovery on my mt3g. I cannot flash any rom, I can't boot the phone, I can't do anything without sd enabled. Only fastboot is able to access SD but does not allow me to flash anything including SAPPIMG.nbh.

sovereignty68

Jun 9, 2006
I managed to got the phone back on stock rom...
Here's what I did and found out so far:
The fastboot option - fastboot -c board_sapphire.disable_sdcard=0 DOES NOT work on three versions of RA-Recovery image 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2.
However, it DOES work on RA-Recovery v1.3.2 and I do too managed to flash SPL to engineer 2005 from SD card. But when I attempt to flash the radio in recovery mode, it will just freeze at opening update package... so I downloaded SAPPIMG.NBH, reverted my phone back to factory ROM. Note: I've tried to flash sappimg.nbh before I flash engineering SPL 2005,

Even though the phone is now back on stock radio, SPL and ROM, the sdcard is still disabled! In fact it is even worse, because on stock SPL, and ROM, I can't root at all without sdcard access. Anyone know how to enable it?

Last edited:

sirgreatness

Mar 13, 2009
I have amon ra 1.5.1 recovery....
And I am trying to use switchrom option under console(altx). After typing in switchrom command I get an error.
I have an sd card mounting issue with the following message:
"mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed"
Any idea why this may be? And if that file can be added to the sdcard??

-Thanks!:(

puntadena

Apr 27, 2009
I have amon ra 1.5.1 recovery....
And I am trying to use switchrom option under console(altx). After typing in switchrom command I get an error.
I have an sd card mounting issue with the following message:
"mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed"
Any idea why this may be? And if that file can be added to the sdcard??

-Thanks!:(
+1 please!!!

jeremiasz

Mar 4, 2008
I have exact the same problem as you guys.
You said that "fastboot -c board_sapphire.disable_sdcard=0" works (sometime). I've tried few Amon RA recoverys and booted repeatedly but without any success.
I still got E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory)
My SPL is 1.33.2010 with S-ON and i still can't flash it because of FAILED (remote: signature verify fail).
Could someone advice me?

ynl078

Dec 29, 2009
london
htc hero gsm rooted modaco 3.0 amn ra 1.5.2

hi i have the same problem E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory), htc hero when turned on notification message REMOVED SD CARD, even though sdcard is inside, cant even sync, with pc, any help would be much appreciated

pyee0124

Jan 20, 2010
BC
This issue was killing me for about a month before I gave up and bought a new phone. This issue was on my Rogers 32a, and I knew that my SD had become unreadable via Recovery and ROM, because of a failure to follow proper instructions when upgrading the radio to from 3.22.20.17 to 6.35.07.20 in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I knew I made a mistake when flashing the images in fastboot. I decided that it would be best to start over, and go back to the Engineering SPL. At this point, my SD and bluetooth stopped working.

What I noticed was that my SD card could only be read in fastboot mode, and could even install sappimg.zip/nbh Engineering ROM with Recovery image on a gold card perfectly fine. However, like b1gwest, I was partially able to get the SD to work with the "enable.sdcard=0" override command. Because this would keep crashing, I wasn't able to do anything. In the end I flashed the stock Rogers RUU(Still no SD or Bluetooth)

I noticed that on the SD cards that I put in the phone, there would be large "qxdm_[time stamp].qm" log files being written to the SD cards anytime I tried accessing it in Recovery mode. And if I'm not mistaken, this is a fastboot option on the Hero or 1.76.x.x SPL's? ANYHOW, there was no way for me to fix this without access to the SD Card.

Until now. Lucky for me(maybe for some of you too), I kept my phone.

For ROGERS 32A, possibly for other providers... if you are willing to take the Perfected SPL hit to get your SD card running again, upgrade to the latest Rogers ROM(3.05.631.7).. This gives you 1.76.0010 SPL, and Radio 6.35.10.18.

This will not fix your SD(yet), so you need to go into fastboot mode and type the following

Code:
fastboot oem enableqxdm 0

This fixed my SD and Bluetooth. Results may vary, but hope this helps anyone having a similar problem.

I'm not responsible for bricking, yadda yadda yadda.. You know the risks already.

Last edited:

jeremiasz

Mar 4, 2008
Finally :)
However, on SPL 1.33.0009 it's not working. I get:
Code:
... INFO[ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY
I think it's because of SPL. Do You know how to do it with this version of SPL?

Last edited:

pyee0124

Jan 20, 2010
BC
You will need to upgrade to the new 1.76.xxxx SPL/6.35.xx.xx with your provider, which will also root your phone.

I would suggest you wait until a rooting option is available for the new SPL before you do this, though.

jeremiasz

Mar 4, 2008
pyee0124, thank's for Your help.
I've upgraded spl and radio as You said (using htc 3.05). enableqdm 0 also worked.

ps. root and other roms aren't as important as fully working phone (with sd card ofcourse).

Last edited:

xaueious

Dec 17, 2009
Toronto
Same problem with G1.

I guess I'll pull my battery and wait a couple of days for now.

I can't run that fastboot command since I have a 32B Dream

ruchin

Oct 21, 2008
Same issue

I have Vodafone AU 32B, same issue, have tried changing board_sapphire.disable_sdcard using -c option with no success.

Have also tried using different recovery roms upto v1.6.2 with no success.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

dombayo

Nov 17, 2007
I have the identical problem to the above post. Mt3g, tried different recovery Roms, can't access SD Card, get the same error no matter what I try. Anyone found a fix yet... ? My SPL says Security ON, which I'm sure was off before.

(Vodafone 32B AU also)

r3v3rb

May 31, 2010
I had this problem too. I have just wierdly got around it by going to Apply sdcard:choose zip

I then chose the update.zip and bang everything installed perfectly when trying to install RAv1.1.0H 32A based ROM.

Very strange but at least I got it installed :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've solved this by running:

fastboot oem rebootRUU