Problem with my microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bladefinor

May 21, 2014
Stockholm
www.nordlingart.se
People keep saying they cannot hear me when I talk to them. It's like I'm speaking through a can, from a distance. My warranty is not valid anymore as the phone is rooted, but I know it's been like this for a while, way before I rooted it. It's like water is stuck in the microphone somehow, or that an internal piece may have been depositioned and blocking the mic.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? Like a 3rd party app that increases the mic volume?

Thanks

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Your Warranty is not voided because of Root. If you bootloader is locked you can just revert to stock.

BTW, Z1 have 2 microphones, are you sure you holding in the right position the phone? :laugh:

bladefinor

May 21, 2014
Stockholm
www.nordlingart.se
Your Warranty is not voided because of Root. If you bootloader is locked you can just revert to stock.

BTW, Z1 have 2 microphones, are you sure you holding in the right position the phone? :laugh:

So if I relock my boot loader with stock ROM the warranty will still be void?

2 microphones? As in one for calls and one for the camera? The camera mic works just fine but the one for calls seems to be completely broken no matter how I hold my phone. I just had a phone call and when I answered, the person on the other end could not hear me at all. I had to switch to speaker phones so it could use the camera mic instead.

EDIT: Okay, so I just tried to set my own voice mail in order to playback my calling voice. I'm not joking, I sound just like Stephen Hawking except that you can barely hear what I'm saying. It is very robot like and distorted. Also, it seems like there is a voice recognition thing on, which means whenever I stop speak, the mic will turn off to reduce ambient noise. However, this also removes the first word I say when it activates the mic again upon voice recognition. I turned the noise cancelation setting off but no major difference.

And btw, the problem only seems to exist when I'm in a call, not when recording my voice with an app like WhatsApp or any sound recorder from Google Play. Even the built-in voice recorder works fine. Does this have something to do with my carrier?

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
So if I relock my boot loader with stock ROM the warranty will still be void?

No.

2 microphones? As in one for calls and one for the camera? The camera mic works just fine but the one for calls seems to be completely broken no matter how I hold my phone. I just had a phone call and when I answered, the person on the other end could not hear me at all. I had to switch to speaker phones so it could use the camera mic instead.

There is not 1 for camera and 1 for calls. There is 2 microphones, 1 at the bottom of the phone and one on top behind call speaker. They both working with any application to reduce noise in phone calls or recordings. Just search on Google, is not so hard.

EDIT: Okay, so I just tried to set my own voice mail in order to playback my calling voice. I'm not joking, I sound just like Stephen Hawking except that you can barely hear what I'm saying. It is very robot like and distorted. Also, it seems like there is a voice recognition thing on, which means whenever I stop speak, the mic will turn off to reduce ambient noise. However, this also removes the first word I say when it activates the mic again upon voice recognition. I turned the noise cancelation setting off but no major difference.

As I don't have this problem in any circumstance I cannot tell, play with the settings to understand if you will get better sound quality.

And btw, the problem only seems to exist when I'm in a call, not when recording my voice with an app like WhatsApp or any sound recorder from Google Play. Even the built-in voice recorder works fine. Does this have something to do with my carrier?

Maybe but I don't know, as the problem persist then I will return the phone to your carrier, let them know the problem and repaired or replaced the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.