[Q] Issues with T899M after update

Search This thread

calahorn

Sep 11, 2011
Hi, I recently updated my Samsung Ativ S T899M phone to windows phone 8.1 via the developers preview app. I use the phone on the Telus network here in Canada. After I did the update I'm no longer able to enable wifi tethering. When I attempt to activate it, I get the following error: "Connection not shared - There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again.".

My APN settings are correct for Telus, I'm getting internet and am able to send and receive MMS. Does anyone know if this issue can be resolved? And if not, Is there a possibility of reverting back to the original rom I had installed?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
We don't have base ROMs for the T899M, sadly. If your phone is interop-unlocked though, I'm working on a fix for the tethering issue here: http://xdaforums.com/windows-phone-8/help/help-fix-internet-sharing-feature-t2843391. If it worked for you *before* 8.1 and doesn't now, that would be weird (and I'd appreciate you completing the process listed there).

You can also try flashing one of @-W_O_L_F-'s custom CSCs. They aren't full ROMs, but they still allow us to fix/change a lot of stuff. Some people have reported that they fix Internet Sharing.

calahorn

Sep 11, 2011
Fixed

Hey GoodDayToDie, sorry for the private message earlier. I managed to flash wolfs CSC file and I can confirm that it indeed fixes the internet sharing issue. Thanks again, and I'll follow your instructions on the other page to get the information you need.

Reactions: GoodDayToDie

Jon4248

Sep 7, 2012
I have this phone as well. It came from bell and it is unlocked, I currently am using it on koodo. Everything appears to work okay for me, even tethering via WiFi.
I am having other small problems however,

• Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes back to default rather than staying on the custom
  • If I select 3g only it still connects to LTE which is horrible reception where I am located.
  • Enabling, and then disabling Airplane mode causes my phone to go all sluggish, only way to fix is to reboot.

Any one know of fixes for these issues in 8.1 DP on the t899m? would wolfs custom csc fix these issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed

Hey GoodDayToDie, sorry for the private message earlier. I managed to flash wolfs CSC file and I can confirm that it indeed fixes the internet sharing issue. Thanks again, and I'll follow your instructions on the other page to get the information you need.