[TELUS T959D Fascinate]-Running ONECOSMIC'S ICS

Search This thread

cash2387

Dec 2, 2010
Halifax
I know this is really odd...But i just screwed up my SMSC. Just for the record, wiping and even re-flashing the ROM doesnt bring that back.:eek:

So i tested with a co-worker who has Stock ICS on his Sony. And it worked...I sent one back and it worked..

cash2387

Dec 2, 2010
Halifax
So after all that yesterday I got a few people to MMS me and they all worked...So what would be wrong with my fiencee's device:confused:

jpmccarthy

Jan 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
So after all that yesterday I got a few people to MMS me and they all worked...So what would be wrong with my fiencee's device:confused:
Wacky - up till now though we've been trouble shooting YOUR phone, and not hers :)

That being said, you said her settings was the same as yours - maybe next step to just ensure its her phone, is for her to do MMS to someone else's phone and see how that behaves. That will at least narrow it down for sure.

cash2387

Dec 2, 2010
Halifax
Thats the next step for sure. I'll have to take a look and see whats what on hers. Shes running Darky's 10.4.2. Could be something as simple as clearing the data in the messages app or could be something else all together.

Either way I'll let ya know, thanks for the help yesterday. I was beginning to go a bit batty.:p

jurassic512

Jun 13, 2010
Anytime :) let us know how it goes. The results of these types of things helps us all with troubleshooting for sure.

</not an iPhone>

How did you get GKG3 on your T959D? I get aborted status 0 when i tried on mine.

xxJTV flashed successfully (was on xxJTU), but it does not show in About Phone. Am I right in saying it will only show if done via Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

This is where you can look at the tutorial and get the files to install if you feel like jumping into it ...

ICS Step by step and files

Note: if you do flash this and it hangs at the boot screen, pull the battery and flash it again and it should work. Some have had to do it 3 times.

I take no credit for this ROM and full props go to the developers of the above post and all those working to make this happen.

First the look and feel of ICS is nothing short of superb. The speed as of now is similar to all the other ROMS I have tried with a little chop here and there but nothing major.

Yes lots of little issues and items that do not work like the camera and GPS but not a huge deal for me so I am willing to stick to it.

Battery so far is decent. 13 hours and 43 min. on the first charge to calibrate and sitting at 24% still. This included allot of playing with the phone and reboots to test jigs ;)

As for the issues that are somewhat bothersome, they include the following.

1. No home or search button. I know same as usual when installing an i9000 ROM but the key mappings from the GB ROMS does not work.

2. BLN (issue all around) will remain lit until you wake the phone to get the notification.

3. They had to do some funky stuff to get 3G to work so it lags to start. Not a huge deal cause it does start and remain working.

I will be continuing to use this ROM and hopefully everything will be working soon (these guys are flying. Also I have been told that the folks over at Glitch are already working on the kernels for the ICS port so that is promising as well.

If there are any other out there running this on our phone chime in with your thoughts or fixes if you have any.

Thanx
    Bucky
    ICS install

Install ICS

So here are the full steps to get ICS running. I did a full format of the SD card to make sure everything would work. For a full change log and list of working and not working features please see the thread below

[ROM][ICS]Onecosmic's ICS Port Android 4.0.3

1. Flash back to stock 2.2

Download package: Stock 2.2 (Includes ODIN)

Steps to complete:
    1.1. Open ODIN and place the files in the proper sections.
    s1_odin_20100512.pit in "PIT"
    T959TLJL3-REV03-ALL-low-CL763100.tar.md5 in "PDA"
    T959TLJL3_FROYO_Phone-CL763100.tar in "PHONE"
    SGH-T959D-CSC-TLSJL3.tar.md5 in "CSC"

1.2. Start the phone in "Download" mode and connect to the computer. The first "ID:COM" box should turn yellow and show a numerical COM port. Make sure the "Repartition is checked" and Click "Start" and let it finish. Disconnect when the yellow box changes to green and says "PASS"

You are now back to stock 2.2 (FROYO). At this point I formatted the internal SD card from the settings menu to make sure the install was clean.

2. Flash ICS Beta
    Things that you need
    A. CWM 3.0.0.5 enabled kernel.
    B. ICS RC1 ROM
    C. Super User (root fix)
    D. Glitch V14 pre2 Kernel (read the rest of the thread there are a few things to remember with this kernel)

2.1. Get those files download

2.2. Copy the ROM, Kernel and SU fix files to the SD card of the phone

2.3. Get into download mode and flash CWM kernel using odin (do not check mark on the repartition and phone efs clear!) It will be named voodoo.advanced.v666.2-20110111-21.53.tar. Put the file in the PDA slot and click start. Once complete the phone will restart and you will see ODIN showing “PASS”

2.4. Unplug your USB and let the phone boot. Shutdown and reboot into recovery with three button method.

2.5. Select "wipe data/factory reset", "Wipe cache partition" and under advanced "Wipe Davlik cache"

2.6. In recovery select "Install zip from SD card" then "choose zip from SD card". Select the ICS ROM and install. After it completes reboot the device. If it does not boot do not panic it's fine. Pull the battery and boot to recovery again and select "wipe data/factory reset", "Wipe cache partition" and under advanced "Wipe Davlik cache" and flash the ROM again

2.7. Once complete select the reboot now and let the ROM boot. This might take 5 - 10 min. but you should be running ICS.

SHOULD BE RUNNING ICS!!!

3. Check for root privileges. If you do not have root, boot into recovery and flash the SU fix.

At this point you should have a working base ICS ROM. There are lots of apps that will show incompatible in the market which I am sure will get resolved soon.

These steps have been confirmed to work but I cannot guarantee anything.

If there are other issues I strongly recommend reading through the thread and checking for any updated kernel releases from here http://ics.samsung-updates.com/ICSI9000/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you brick your phone or lose any data. Do this at your own risk
    USB fix

no need i got everything working but i can't connect my usb to put my music back on my phone:( any help on that?

Try this (taken from http://ics.samsung-updates.com/trouble/)

--------------------------
    ** do not disconnect PHONE from USB at any point / 1) connect PHONE and let it try to install drivers * do not interrupt that process / 2) go to Device Manager and delete at this order: * check the option to uninstall files also -SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface -SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device -SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device / 3) uninstall SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones from applications / 4) reboot PC and watch it try to install drivers after * do not interrupt that process (should install one fast and fail on two others after a minute or two) / 5) install SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe and let it try to install drivers ( should install one more driver, yet one will fail after minute or two) / 6) download/install Terminal app from Market, open it and type: - su (grant superuser permission)
    - setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb / 7) now reboot your PHONE / last driver should be installed after a while
    ---------------------------

Hopefully this will work for you. In Linux all I needed to do was run the setprop command and it worked after a reboot.
    I followed the steps; cleared cache, dalvik cache, factory reset. I had it running once already. Trying it subsequent times, I've been getting this problem.

I used the ICS_4.0.3_r1-RC1-i9000-reupload.zip file, I'm assuming this is the right one.

Went back to Darky's 10.2.2, that installed no problem.

Well it should should work of you need help I can help through chat. Done it before lol

Sent from my I9000 using XDA App
    No prob man, did you just download that voodoo666 kernel from here on XDA? I've done a bit of reading, just wasn't sure if it was suitable for our device. Could you attach the file you used, just so i have the correct one??

Alright, so this is a short how-to for those that want to change their telco ID on their phone, to pretty much anything!

First off, you need to install SQLite Database Browser on your computer to do the required editing of the optable.db, which is found under /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony. Copy that file to your computer, open it up with SQLite, and you should see the editor opened up with tabs at the top. Click on "Browse Data" and under this tab there should be no data there. On the right, there is a button that says "New Record". Click it and you can now put info into it. Under plmn, put your current telco ID, telus is 302220. And under both "full" and "short" put what you want to see on your phone, i just used Telus as seen here. After you've made the required editing, save it, and transfer it back to your phone and replace the old optable.db with the new one you just edited.

Next, you need to find your apns-conf.xml and spn-conf.xml, which are both located under system/etc. I didn't have an spn-conf.xml, i originally downloaded it from another user on another post and edited for my use. But i've attached mine for you to edit as you want, just change the file extension to .xml after you download it. Open that file as a text doc and make the changes (again, this file has been set up for Telus so no changes are req'd) and put it in the system/etc folder. You should have your telco ID put in next to spnOverride numeric, and it should also be put in like this on the next line spn_override_only_on="302,220".

Lastly, you need to open up your apns-conf.xml file and find where your carrier is listed in there. When you find it, you need to make sure that it is listed with a numeric value, and with telus it looks like so (numeric="302220" mcc="302" mnc="220") As you can see, your numeric is your mcc plus your mnc. Once you have ensured that this is correct, save the file (if you had to make changes) and close it.

Once all these changes are done, just reboot your phone and it should now be displaying your carrier name, or whatever else you placed in the optable.db file back at the start!