My camera just died ?

Search This thread

mjulio

Dec 10, 2013
Okay, so here is the deal, yesterday I flashed 4.4 on my XT1058 and everything was cool, i used it the whole day and then i went to sleep, on the morning (like 10 mins ago) I woke up and I opened the camera app and then I saw this... Im not sure if it is a software problem or perhaps dirt in the lens, but i want to kill myself =). any ideas ??

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/203/26t6.jpg

ebya.jpg

7wst.jpg

D

Darth

Dirt. Or scratch or something. That's my guess. Put it under very bright light and check it out. A magnifying glass would help.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

D

Darth

Mine would be worse than yours. I just couldn't imagine how it could look so flurry…
https://plus.google.com/110635838402548237356/posts/PWvrLWupnYD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not sure what you think a phone camera can do...and the Moto x camera being an average one at that.....a couple of your pics look pretty good to me...for a phone.

You'll be disappointed if you exchange it. I guarantee.

Maybe get a lumia, or a camera if you want much better. ;)

mjulio

Dec 10, 2013
Dirt. Or scratch or something. That's my guess. Put it under very bright light and check it out. A magnifying glass would help.

Dust particle on the lens?

Actually I called MotoCare and they told me to take it to the Motorola Technical Service here in Chile, It was a nice surprise that it was just 2 miles away from my home, so I went there yesterday and they replaced my Camera for free, the camera was defective according to them, and they applied the warranty, I was really surprised because I have my BL unlocked, rooted and with TWRP... so I guess is a big WIN, and Motorola is the sh!t.

Trigold

Jan 26, 2012
Not sure what you think a phone camera can do...and the Moto x camera being an average one at that.....a couple of your pics look pretty good to me...for a phone.

You'll be disappointed if you exchange it. I guarantee.

Maybe get a lumia, or a camera if you want much better. ;)

Plz double check the pics that u thought looked good to you by enlarging the pics to the fullest and you'll see how blurry they look, which is absolutely below the average (worse than NN7 or even Galaxy Nexus). I didn't expect that and they could be better.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Actually I called MotoCare and they told me to take it to the Motorola Technical Service here in Chile, It was a nice surprise that it was just 2 miles away from my home, so I went there yesterday and they replaced my Camera for free, the camera was defective according to them, and they applied the warranty, I was really surprised because I have my BL unlocked, rooted and with TWRP... so I guess is a big WIN, and Motorola is the sh!t.

Cool! I was wondering when you got your brand new moto x and when you found out the issue?

D

Darth

Plz double check the pics that u thought looked good to you by enlarging the pics to the fullest and you'll see how blurry they look, which is absolutely below the average (worse than NN7 or even Galaxy Nexus). I didn't expect that and they could be better.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Cool! I was wondering when you got your brand new moto x and when you found out the issue?

Its a phone camera. I have a real camera for events and such where I know I want great pics. No phone takes pics that compare with even a cheap dedicated camera. That's life. ;)

Phone companies don't claim their phone cameras will replace your real camera. Yet so many here think they should it seems. And yes...some are definitely better than the moto x.....but its an amazing phone regardless. :)

What I'm saying is...I don't care what it looks like if I zoom in. Its a tiny cheap camera...like all phones. I don't expect awesome pics....I expect to capture unexpected moments.....and it does that just fine.

But that's just me. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Oh...and I use camera fv-5. Much better pics when you learn how to use it.

mjulio

Dec 10, 2013

I have my X since 16 September, and I noticed about this issue 2 days ago, then I started to look my last week photos and the black dot was on every of them after New Year...