Assurion is Backordered for G2 replacements

Search This thread

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Dropped my G2 facedown on concrete this morning. This is NOT a Good Thing. Fortunately I have insurance.

Unfortunately, Assurion says they will have to backorder my G2 since they have none in stock.

Had to put my DNA back into service until I can work something out.

thenorm89

Aug 21, 2012
Did the same thing, just 9 days after purchasing my G2. I did not have insurance but sent it in to LG and they repaired it for just $148 USD. Versus AT&T's 200 dollar insurance deductible.

Edit. Process of sending it into LG and getting it back was like 10 days. Reasonable.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Dropped my G2 facedown on concrete this morning. This is NOT a Good Thing. Fortunately I have insurance.

Unfortunately, Assurion says they will have to backorder my G2 since they have none in stock.

Had to put my DNA back into service until I can work something out.

You try to get them to spring for a new G2? Or a Note 3 replacement instead?

Jan 12, 2012
Always wear protection.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

thebehemoth73

Dec 11, 2013
Austin
Well that's another reason why I really started to prefer lg over all the other companies..148 dollars to fix the screen is AWESOME. I don't have insurance because I think its a complete rip off to pay 7 or 8 a month plus a 200 dollar deductible. Lg will have my loyalty when they keep repairing phones for that cheap.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
I love my g2.... But once I rooted my dna I been using it more than the g2, I find it more fun for some reason... Probably bc of viper. Is your dna rooted?

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Well that's another reason why I really started to prefer lg over all the other companies..148 dollars to fix the screen is AWESOME. I don't have insurance because I think its a complete rip off to pay 7 or 8 a month plus a 200 dollar deductible. Lg will have my loyalty when they keep repairing phones for that cheap.

Bingo !!! Totally agree. ESP if you can fix your own phone.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Is your g2 rooted as well? I rooted mine but just seem to still have more fun with the dna. I think bc of the lack of lg stock themed roms. I use malladus which is great , but I like having options. I am same with htc, I like the sense roms

Yup, my G2 was rooted, but running mostly stock with G2 Exposed. Now I get to start over, whenever they get some back in stock or my Business rep can work some sort of magic.

P

podagee

I dropped mine a few times but of course with my case ballistic sg maxx and nothing. Im a mechanic and constantly on the ground rolling over my phone and still no damage. Also bumping into metal doeant do anything. Especially with the holster by far the best case ever. I recommend it. Leaving it naked is asking for damage.
I agree with the insurance being useless. If my phone breaks ill just buy a new one at full price it doesnt matter to me.

thebehemoth73

Dec 11, 2013
Austin
The only reason why leave my g2 stock unrooted is so IF I do break it I can just send it in to LG and they will fix it..I have read they are not so forgiving however with rooted phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Always wear protection.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Feels and look better bare back. :good:
    Did the same thing, just 9 days after purchasing my G2. I did not have insurance but sent it in to LG and they repaired it for just $148 USD. Versus AT&T's 200 dollar insurance deductible.

Edit. Process of sending it into LG and getting it back was like 10 days. Reasonable.

People still pay for Assurion? There are better, cheaper, faster options out there. I went with Ensquared this time. 100 bucks covers the phone for 2 years with a 50 dollar deductible. Even covers theft.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    I dropped mine so instead of paying to fix it or a deductible i fixed it myself. Screen was $120 with shipping at fixez.com very easy to fix and good product
    Do you have to register with LG or anything? Broke my gnex twice so asurion wont cover me anymore for another year. I'm with Verizon and not ATT if that makes a difference.

LG G2 ftw

No, you don't have to register. Contact LG customer support and setup a repair ticket with them and they will direct you on where to ship your phone for repairs.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/contact-customer-support