Search This thread

nish0021

Mar 6, 2014
Help please!!!
Need a factory recovery image for moto X xt1052 (Asia retail) running 4.4.4

Sent from my XT1052

mtcrew

Mar 11, 2011
You have to hold the home screen to open up widgets and settings but there is also an xposed module for it that let's you customize it more. You have to drag an app to the next screen to make another home screen like an iPhone. It is googles launcher which is integrated with Google now. You can say OK Google on the homescreen and it interacts with Google now, but I mean our phones do that without even having to turn it on.

MOTO X Slapped
Not to mention a low voltage processor just for that as well. All other phones will burn their processing power and drain battery quicker. [emoji367]

justaway2

Jun 29, 2011
Toronto
I'll never understand why anyone would stick with the stock launcher when there are so many better free alternatives out there.

The stock launcher is garbage.

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
I'll never understand why anyone would stick with the stock launcher when there are so many better free alternatives out there.

The stock launcher is garbage.
I remember the first time I used Android and I could only have 4 icons wide on my Droid X home screen. I installed ADW simply to change the grid size to show more icons on the home screen. I have since become so used to using the gestures for things like opening the app drawer, that I can't ever go back to a stock launcher, because they will never be as good as 3rd party.

vikramkhalsa

Mar 7, 2012
www.amasingh.com
I remember the first time I used Android and I could only have 4 icons wide on my Droid X home screen. I installed ADW simply to change the grid size to show more icons on the home screen. I have since become so used to using the gestures for things like opening the app drawer, that I can't ever go back to a stock launcher, because they will never be as good as 3rd party.

+10000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I posted in our Theme and Apps section about this same topic:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639891

I really enjoy the GEL launcher and the phone itself. The combo of the launcher and touchless makes it the best phone I have used to date as well.
    I just switched over from a Nexus 5 to the Moto X. For starters I must say the I found he Nexus 5 extremely suitable to my needs (I've used pretty much every single flagship device out there).

I personally think Google has done a phenomenal job with KitKat.

Once I received my Moto X and turned it on, I was greeted with what seemed to be the Jelly Bean launcher but when I checked the firmware version it was indeed 4.4.2.

I used it a few days but found my self missing the feel of KK launcher on my N5.

I then side-loaded the official N5 launcher on to my MX and must say.. To me now this is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

Great Moto X functionality with the minimalist look and feel of the N5. Win.

Give it a try.. I think you might just like what you get.

EDIT: Link to JUSTrollin's post where you can find info on the launcher:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639891

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK, I've installed it, but I feel like I'm missing something. I can't find any settings to this launcher, can't add more homescreens, can't change app drawer orientation. What can this do what e.g. Nova can't? I don't see it.

You have to hold the home screen to open up widgets and settings but there is also an xposed module for it that let's you customize it more. You have to drag an app to the next screen to make another home screen like an iPhone. It is googles launcher which is integrated with Google now. You can say OK Google on the homescreen and it interacts with Google now, but I mean our phones do that without even having to turn it on.

MOTO X Slapped