[Q] Unable to install or trust any VPN application.

Search This thread

sodukulhi

May 12, 2013
I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M

i4GS

Apr 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs
I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M
Firstly, Android 4.4.4 has been released with Minor fixes, i recommend you update.
Next, I don't know about OpenVPN but i know in hotspot shield it asks for permissions on startup
and a button to accept.

Download HotSpot Shield , if it shows and works, it's OpenVPN.

sodukulhi

May 12, 2013
I've updated it to 4.4.4 and downloaded SuperVPN. Still unable to click "Install". Same goes for HotSpot Shield. In OpenVPN, can't check the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sodukulhi

May 12, 2013
Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

t66love

Feb 15, 2015
help please

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!

How did you find out which app was blocking?

Thanks for the thread.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!

Hi, how did you discover which app was blocking the vpn?
Thanks

Reactions: gardenofwine

Top Liked Posts