Bluetooth Issues: Could they be resolved by modifying a Rom?

Search This thread

xarthos

Aug 26, 2010
Korriban
Greetings fellow Droid Incredible users. I am interested in getting some information on the possibility of us modifying the bluetooth specifically in the Sense version Roms. The reason for this inquiry is I have noticed that wiimote works with Cyanogenmod on my droid incredible confirmed today in testing. It does not on the 2.2 Froyo Sense version. I'd like to keep sense and stock but have the full bluetooth capabilities of Cyanogen. I know this is a specific issue and that loading a non HTC sense rom is a work around. How hard would this be to do? Is it even possible?
thanks for your time and happy modding. Have to say these roms are a blessing.
:D

rdmerck

Aug 17, 2010
Boston, MA
Might I suggest the 3.21.605.1 RUU leak?

Some people are having doubts as this will be the offial OTA to be released tomorrow, but it is, says the same software verison on the Verizon page.

Bluetooth working peachy for me!

xarthos

Aug 26, 2010
Korriban
Might I suggest the 3.21.605.1 RUU leak?

Some people are having doubts as this will be the offial OTA to be released tomorrow, but it is, says the same software verison on the Verizon page.

Bluetooth working peachy for me!

Bluetooth works but doesn't fully support all the things it should like HID and SPP profiles. It's clear there is a difference in the bluetooth packages and I don't understand why.

rdmerck

Aug 17, 2010
Boston, MA
Bluetooth works but doesn't fully support all the things it should like HID and SPP profiles. It's clear there is a difference in the bluetooth packages and I don't understand why.

Well since we are going THAT far lol, I know on HTC's dev website there is the 2.2 Bluez driver that you can take a look at if you have any development background.

http://developer.htc.com
HTC Incredible BlueZ Source Code (Froyo MR)

I wouldn't even know where to begin as far as that goes, hope that points you in the right direction.

xarthos

Aug 26, 2010
Korriban
I appreciate the responses guys. Keep them coming. I will be looking into a possible mod with the latest leak but a modified bluetooth stack to resemble/replicate the full functionality of the Cyanogen mod bluetooth on the Droid Incredible.

This potentially could add more functionality to bluetooth:
Connection to more bluetooth keyboards and other devices
wiimote functionality for emulators
other applications.

Bluetooth SPP and HID profiles are often used in many car types including BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagon, etc. Some people have been posting on the HTC site that they have lots of issues with bluetooth staying paired or even not pairing at all.

I believe we are working with a pre 2.1 Eclair bluetooth stack that HTC never bothered to update. Perhaps this breaks the Sense UI and they don't want to do the coding work for it work. I will continue to look for some answers.

jtcarnes

Aug 8, 2010
My understanding is that there is something in Sense that does not get along with newer stacks.

J913B

Aug 13, 2010
Well how does the Cyanogenmod rom get the bluetooth stack working? Is it a simple file replacement or something complicated?

luvit

I am interested in possibility of us modifying the bluetooth specifically in the Sense version Roms. The reason for this inquiry is I have noticed that wiimote works with Cyanogenmod on my droid incredible confirmed today in testing. It does not on the 2.2 Froyo Sense version. I'd like to keep sense and stock but have the full bluetooth capabilities of Cyanogen. I know this is a specific issue and that loading a non HTC sense rom is a work around. How hard would this be to do? Is it even possible?
thanks for your time and happy modding. Have to say these roms are a blessing.
:D
I'm cheerfully bumping this thread. I do no want a wiimote on my Dinc (rooted with leaked 2.2 ROM), but I do have a dire need to support Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my Dinc.
I do appreciate sense and I have applied cyanogen on my wife's D1.. which is perfect, for being on a Moto Droid..
So I'm with xarthos... i just want full BT features on my semi-stock Dinc.

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
on a side note... yet another reason is the fact that the BT audio quality in sense based roms sucks...

We setup cm6 on one inc, left the other with plain sense... even my wife could tell a difference in a blind listen test in the car.

almost like comparing a 64khz mp3 to a cd... massive sound quality difference.

luvit

Xarthos,
I hear many conflicting stories on htc bluetooth.
I understand htc has an incomplete broadcom chipset bluetooth stack in some models like the incredible. But this doesn't make sense since cm6 supports bluetooth just fine.
I can't really give you any useful help.

--But I do have $25 or more for the solution you describe.. Sense with bluetooth.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

abrin

Aug 19, 2010
This has been a consistant test for me as I jump around between ROMS due to the fact that I like to play my DINC emulators with a WiiMote (Yes, I'm nerdy enough to carry one in my backback when I commute). It's been pretty consistant that all the Sense ROMS don't work while the Senseless roms do.

Confirmed working:
CM6
Ruby 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

Confirmed not working:
SR 3
Virt 2.6 & 2.7
Leaked 2.2
Stock 2.1

Not Tested:
SR3 Vanilla

Why we couldn't take the bluetooth stack from one of the working ones and put it on a Sense one, I don't know. I'm honestly not knowledgeable enough to even attempt it nor know anyone who has. I've actually a little surprised this subject isn't brought up more, I'm guessing most people either don't use bluetooth or it works enough for their needs.

bdusmc

Dec 20, 2008
Calgary
BUMP!

Is anyone looking into porting/adapting the CM6 BT Stack for sense ROMS?

I tried messing around with it, but am still having problems... I have a semi-flashable zip in progress if anyone can help me figure out what to do next.

Attachments

• cmBTParts_signed.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 2