[dev]MagicCode---run a arm apk in mips device

Search This thread

c0demag1c

Dec 26, 2011
This is a dev version of MagicCode

wiki
--------------------------------------------------------
Q :What is MagicCode?
A: MagicCode is a software designed by "c0demag1c dev team"to make it possible to run a arm based nativec apk on a mips device.It change the .so in the apk to the mips mode directllllly so that users can run a arm-apk easily. Up to now,we have tried to run a lot of apps and both of them is working well now.
---------------------------------------------------------
Q:Who designed the MagicCode?
A:eek:f course.Us,the DEV team"c0demag1c"
Q:Using the MagicCode,can all of the arm based app working?
A:No,just as I said,it's still a dev version and there are still work we need to do to fix the MagicCode.So u can only run a few apks which they don't work before on ur mips device.Don't reply us about xxx apk can't work with MagicCode.We'll try to fix it but we can't promise it will be perfect.
----------------------------------------------------------
Q:How can i install the magicCode?
A:It's quite simple,we test our apk on Ainol Novo7 Basic and Knight with 3.2HoneyComb and 4.01 ICS Custom Rom.So,if u have the same device(or other device running the android 3.2 rom),u can install the apk as the other apk such as FaceBook,Twitter. And then,what u need to do is just open the apk and then trun on it,waiting for a few minutes and emjoy urself!.
Q: U want to join us?
A: we have receive a few message like this,but to be honest it's just not the right time for more people join our dev team now,quite sorry but thx for understanding.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q:Hi,shall v paid to u if v want to install this apk into our custom/offical rom?
A:never mind,u can use it freely.MC is an software for free,we have our own donation providet.

【changelog】

MagicCode_1.51_special modifying
This version modify a bug about for "all MIPS-based SoCs". And I removed the v1.51_special.

v1.51_special released!
This is a special version marked for "all MIPS-based SoCs".
U can run it on some other MIPS platform, but there are some Android patches required in order to make it work.
U can send a PM with your e-mail if you are interested.

v1.51 released!
After a long time,we decided to release our newer 1.51 version of the magiccode.

Warning:
If u want to use this version of magiccode,u must use the update.zip in the following website to update your device at first,or it will not work..

#more armv6 app support,such as the famous game"Where's My Water?".
#increase the suitable rate of armv6 app from 50% to 65%(Ingentic‘s Date)
#we will try to work out the armv7 suitable problems in the following days,It need us to rebuild the framework of the magiccode,so maybe a few days is needed,just wait for our good news.

v1.42released!
We just get some ics source from Ingenic,it is quite good for us to finish better MC:)..

We just fix some bug and using it u can run pvz on ur mips device now!

Thanks for philips and Ingenic provide us the newer mips device and source code.As return,v open ur source to Ingenic BeiJing now!It is quite excited to find our app pre-installed into ingenic offical rom:)

We fix the support of skype and PvZ in this version..

Since something different between ainol's device and Philips's device..we just build two magiccode for them.

Warning: the v1.42 must be used with the n7k and philips's rom release yesterday.never try it with the old rom.

v1.3
Good news,a new version of codemagic will release now!

1.with both 3.2(after n7b's 1217 rom)/4.0.1/4.0.3(test with the rom released in "imp3.net" last week) support,with this version of codemagic,it's no need for u to download v1.0 v1.1 any more.U can use the apk on both n7b and n7k
2.fix the support of "Angry Bird",it's sure that almost each version of Angry Bird can be used on mips now!

v1.1
thx for Tom provide us novo7 knight(n7p) ,with ur help,v have tested our CodeMagic ics version and it seems work well:)

1.the v1.1 tested with n7b ics reldased rom and n7p origanal rom(since we can't find any offical rom on ainovo.com)
2.it can't be used on HC rom,if u need it,plz try the 1.0version and they r almost the same.

v1.0
tested with ainol novo7 basic honeycomb 1217 rom
the apk can not be used in ics of other version of hc now.

Attachments

• MagicCode_3.2_1217_v1.0.apk
    729.4 KB · Views: 16,955
  • MagicCode_ics_v1.1-n7b-n7p.apk
    729.9 KB · Views: 24,892
  • MagicCode_hc_ics_v1.3.apk
    1 MB · Views: 23,334
  • MagicCode_Philips_v1.42.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,642
  • MagicCode_ainol_v1.42.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 14,238
  • MagicCodeAll_V1.5.1.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,198
  • MagicCodeAll_1.5.1_special_modify.apk
    962.7 KB · Views: 6,977
Last edited:

brandonlee2

Apr 1, 2011
Great news. This is something can show that basic is not a bad idea to buy now.Hopefully in the future I can see many HD games can run on the basic. I'll try this and let you know if is working fine at this moment with HC. Thanks again for this application. Best regards

shivansps

Dec 4, 2011
mmm what this app do exactly? it converts arm assembler code intro mips assembler code of the .so files?

BTW, just a warning, DONT ATTEMPT to install Chainfire3D driver, because, with this, the chainfire 3d apk installs and works, but hangs the device while installing the driver and it will not longer boot, and a "firmware update" will be nesesary.

BTW2, we should expect a performance hit? mame4droid now works, but is way slow.

Last edited:

CariMDP

Dec 26, 2011
Good Night

This is my first post hoping this works for programs apk
Install it on my Novo7 with HC 3.2 (is root and the operating system is the same that came with the tablet) but when I open I get a message "OS not supported", then press "ON", then the message "Waiting" and stays there doing nothing more
I need to load a special ROM to test apk?

Thanks and forgive my English

guvno

Nov 8, 2011
Many thanks for this!!! Can't wait for the ICS version of MagicCode, I assume you will make one right?

c0demag1c

Dec 26, 2011
as far as our test.quite a few gameloft hd games can b used on mips now:)u may try the hack version,if they work well,then u can buy them from gameloft

guvno

Nov 8, 2011
My main interest is to get the Skype apk to run on my MIPS novo basic. If MagicCode can make that happen then I'm more than happy to pay for it. I'll be wathing this thread... Thanx all u MagicCode workers!

shivansps

Dec 4, 2011
im still unable to edit the build.prop in a way so the device can still boot up and arm apps apear on market. But that is a totally diferent matter.

So far its good, mame4droid run slow for some reason, but other emus are now working and run fine.
If you can check why skype and netflix arent working, i think me and every basic user will be very gratefull.

BTW, i have a question, the .so libs are "translated" to mips in real time or they are "translated" when installed? if the second is the case, it shouldt be easier to do a program that transate the .so files in a apk offline in any desktop pc? with that you dont need to worry about android versions.

Last edited:

brandonlee2

Apr 1, 2011
I tested some aplications and games and most now can be installed but only one or two of almost 10 I tested can run :) One is a game ninja rush. Skype I have installed it but cannot sign in. Another game I can run is the asphalt 5 HD but need data to download and if I put a microSD, it still aking for external memory, no idea why!
Waiting for any update of the MagicCode. Thank you!

MilesKjeller

Jun 9, 2010
Glasgow
www.mileskjeller.net
Brilliant bit of work guys, I can confirm that Swype works using this program, I am continuing to test others (Like Opera Browser) and I will report back as I find out more.

EDIT: I can confirm that, although Opera installs, it crashes on launch, I have not run a LogCat on it but there is no visible error, not even an FC message.

Last edited:

xno_75

Dec 28, 2011
novo basic

I tested some aplications and games and most now can be installed but only one or two of almost 10 I tested can run :) One is a game ninja rush. Skype I have installed it but cannot sign in. Another game I can run is the asphalt 5 HD but need data to download and if I put a microSD, it still aking for external memory, no idea why!
Waiting for any update of the MagicCode. Thank you!

guys,i'm beginner for android , do u know how to root novo 7 basic ? and i try magic code and install some game ,but the picture game is maze up, and not quite clear picture,and is it not support for ASphalt 6 or what ?? pls help me :confused:

cykwong

Nov 18, 2008

wiki
A: MagicCode is a software designed by "c0demag1c dev team"to make it possible to run a arm based nativec apk on a mips device.It change the .so in the apk to the mips mode directllllly so that users can run a arm-apk easily. Up to now,we have tried to run a lot of apps and both of them is working well now.
A:Of course.Us,the DEV team"c0demag1c"
A:No,just as I said,it's still a dev version and there are still work we need to do to fix the MagicCode.So u can only run a few apks which they don't work before on ur mips device.Don't reply us about xxx apk can't work with MagicCode.We'll try to fix it but we can't promise it will be perfect.
A:It's quite simple,we test our apk on Ainol Novo7 Basic with 3.2HoneyComb Custom Rom.So,if u have the same device(or other device running the android 3.2 rom),u can install the apk as the other apk such as FaceBook,Twitter. And then,what u need to do is just open the apk and then trun on it,waiting for a few minutes and emjoy urself!.
【changelog】
v1.0
the apk can not be used in ics of other version of hc now.[/QUOT

I just upgraded to ICS. not sure when this apk can be upgraded or I need to downgrade to HC (3.2)

Capt Scuzzy

Dec 29, 2011
Hey guys,

I am also having troubles with the magic-code app, but i have come to the conclusion by reading this thread that i need the HC 1217 update or rom? a finger in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. =]

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

shivansps;20715565 BTW said:
it shouldt be easier to do a program that transate the .so files in a apk offline in any desktop pc? with that you dont need to worry about android versions.[/COLOR]

agreed, would that be a possibility in the near future?

fcfis

Sep 27, 2008
Great work! Many ARM apps now work on Novo 7 basic.

It seems that MagicCode is doing dynamic translation, when the setting is "off", the installed apps won't run; set it back to "on", then those apps work again.

c0demag1c

Dec 26, 2011
It's difficult to say how long will take to finish the ics version.

May b a mouth or even longer since the kernel 3.0.x works quite different to kernel2.6.x.

It's noly a dev version now.

shivansps

Dec 4, 2011
forget about ICS for now, its not needed. DalvikTurbo will be avalible for 3.2 first anyway.

Any chance for a desktop version that could fully translate the .so files once, instead of having to do it on fly?

Graz

Jan 22, 2008
forget about ICS for now, its not needed. DalvikTurbo will be avalible for 3.2 first anyway.

Any chance for a desktop version that could fully translate the .so files once, instead of having to do it on fly?

Holding a Novo 7 Paladin with ICS on it right now...I could definitely use this for 4.0. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wiki
    A:eek:f course.Us,the DEV team"c0demag1c"
    A:It's quite simple,we test our apk on Ainol Novo7 Basic and Knight with 3.2HoneyComb and 4.01 ICS Custom Rom.So,if u have the same device(or other device running the android 3.2 rom),u can install the apk as the other apk such as FaceBook,Twitter. And then,what u need to do is just open the apk and then trun on it,waiting for a few minutes and emjoy urself!.
    Q: U want to join us?
    A: we have receive a few message like this,but to be honest it's just not the right time for more people join our dev team now,quite sorry but thx for understanding.
    Q:Hi,shall v paid to u if v want to install this apk into our custom/offical rom?
    A:never mind,u can use it freely.MC is an software for free,we have our own donation providet.

【changelog】

MagicCode_1.51_special modifying
    This version modify a bug about for "all MIPS-based SoCs". And I removed the v1.51_special.

v1.51_special released!
    This is a special version marked for "all MIPS-based SoCs".
    U can run it on some other MIPS platform, but there are some Android patches required in order to make it work.
    U can send a PM with your e-mail if you are interested.

v1.51 released!
    After a long time,we decided to release our newer 1.51 version of the magiccode.

Warning:
    If u want to use this version of magiccode,u must use the update.zip in the following website to update your device at first,or it will not work..

#more armv6 app support,such as the famous game"Where's My Water?".
    #increase the suitable rate of armv6 app from 50% to 65%(Ingentic‘s Date)
    #we will try to work out the armv7 suitable problems in the following days,It need us to rebuild the framework of the magiccode,so maybe a few days is needed,just wait for our good news.

v1.42released!
    We just get some ics source from Ingenic,it is quite good for us to finish better MC:)..

We just fix some bug and using it u can run pvz on ur mips device now!

Thanks for philips and Ingenic provide us the newer mips device and source code.As return,v open ur source to Ingenic BeiJing now!It is quite excited to find our app pre-installed into ingenic offical rom:)

We fix the support of skype and PvZ in this version..

Since something different between ainol's device and Philips's device..we just build two magiccode for them.

Warning: the v1.42 must be used with the n7k and philips's rom release yesterday.never try it with the old rom.

v1.3
    Good news,a new version of codemagic will release now!

1.with both 3.2(after n7b's 1217 rom)/4.0.1/4.0.3(test with the rom released in "imp3.net" last week) support,with this version of codemagic,it's no need for u to download v1.0 v1.1 any more.U can use the apk on both n7b and n7k
    2.fix the support of "Angry Bird",it's sure that almost each version of Angry Bird can be used on mips now!

v1.1
    thx for Tom provide us novo7 knight(n7p) ,with ur help,v have tested our CodeMagic ics version and it seems work well:)

1.the v1.1 tested with n7b ics reldased rom and n7p origanal rom(since we can't find any offical rom on ainovo.com)
    2.it can't be used on HC rom,if u need it,plz try the 1.0version and they r almost the same.

v1.0
    the apk can not be used in ics of other version of hc now.
    released 1.42 version
    Hi,

If anyone is having problems activating Magic Code ("Magic Code ON failed") as I was having on ICS 4.0.3 on a Novo 7 Basic (Paladin should be the same), here is why. The installed busybox version is probably faulty, so I compiled it on my own. Here's the link, hope it'll be helpful for someone: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ryf21mikwnwewf

What you have to do to replace:
    Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
    adb shell mv /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox.old
    adb push busybox /system/bin/
    adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

To restore the old one:
    Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
    adb shell rm /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mv /system/bin/busybox.old /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

Good luck ;)
    im still unable to edit the build.prop in a way so the device can still boot up and arm apps apear on market. But that is a totally diferent matter.

So far its good, mame4droid run slow for some reason, but other emus are now working and run fine.
    If you can check why skype and netflix arent working, i think me and every basic user will be very gratefull.

BTW, i have a question, the .so libs are "translated" to mips in real time or they are "translated" when installed? if the second is the case, it shouldt be easier to do a program that transate the .so files in a apk offline in any desktop pc? with that you dont need to worry about android versions.