[Q] 4.3 OTA - Warranty Replacement Phone/Root/Unlock

Search This thread

NITRO_2

Aug 4, 2011
I just received my warranty replacement S3 from verizon and noticed it came with 4.3 installed. I looked around to find out how to root it and unlock the bootloader and from what I've read, the bootloader is locked completely, for now... Is there a root method I can use that won't trip this Knox crap? Sorry, I tried googling and searching but couldn't find a whole lot. I didn't even know about this Knox crap since I was always on CM11.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I just received my warranty replacement S3 from verizon and noticed it came with 4.3 installed. I looked around to find out how to root it and unlock the bootloader and from what I've read, the bootloader is locked completely, for now... Is there a root method I can use that won't trip this Knox crap? Sorry, I tried googling and searching but couldn't find a whole lot. I didn't even know about this Knox crap since I was always on CM11.

The only root method we have for VRUCML1 4.3 update is Saferoot. As you can see, it is in the S4 section but has been confirmed to work for the S3 on 4.3 plenty of times. You will obtain root access if you follow this.

Reactions: NITRO_2

NITRO_2

Aug 4, 2011
The only root method we have for VRUCML1 4.3 update is Saferoot. As you can see, it is in the S4 section but has been confirmed to work for the S3 on 4.3 plenty of times. You will obtain root access if you follow this.

Thank you, I'm rooted now. Hopefully someone will find a way around this knox security thing verizon's got going on. Otherwise I'll be on stock rooted 4.3 for awhile. Thanks again, rooted is a lot better than nothing

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Thank you, I'm rooted now. Hopefully someone will find a way around this knox security thing verizon's got going on. Otherwise I'll be on stock rooted 4.3 for awhile. Thanks again, rooted is a lot better than nothing

No problem! Would you like to run custom TW VRUCML1 roms? Cuz Hashcode ported Safestrap over to the S3 which allows one to flash roms based on the same kernel as the VRUCML1 OTA.

Edit: Safestrap http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605648

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

pmdied

Mar 26, 2010
I received my warranty replacement too and it had 4.12. I rooted it right away.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Reading this thread reminds me wen i was at a corp vzw store noticed some of there display devices didn't have the 4.3ota and also noticed a customers getting new fone(s4) and not having the 4.3ota he was able to ignore it. I guess its luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.