Planning to unlock your AT&T HTC One X bootloader? Think again!

Search This thread

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
as an Atrix owner... let me tell you that signing a petition will not do anything. name the last successful bootloader unlock petition.

someone at XDA will figure it out. i'm eager for this phone when that moment happens.

Cryosx

Jul 19, 2010
as an Atrix owner... let me tell you that signing a petition will not do anything. name the last successful bootloader unlock petition.

someone at XDA will figure it out. i'm eager for this phone when that moment happens.

No harm in trying. Same carrier, different company. Might make a difference.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK

Last successful petition? One year ago. After Sensation came with locked bootloader.
Just keep pushing it guys, with enough pressure they'll do it. Mass returns would be the best thing. Also, try to organise returns on some particular day, and announce it on their pages. Then numbers will be a lot higher and more proving the point. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

badboydiablo

Jun 5, 2011
Signed. I was an Atrix owner so I know how bad it gets without a bootloader unlock. I hope they unlock it soon I can't even return the phone since I did an exchange from a Nokia Lumia 900.

makophoenix

Jun 15, 2010
Atrix

Also coming from the Atrix here... TBH it seemed to me like the leak that had the unlockable bootloader probably came from Motorola because of the bad PR. Of course the great devs working on the Atrix had to find it but a leak that can be unlocked (but never went official) just seems fishy to me. xD

cmfrtblynmb

Feb 12, 2011
I am an idiot for buying this phone on an impulse without knowing what locked bootloader meant.

I will return the phone tomorrow. It cost me 35 dollars but I am not going to use Android without root.

I signed the petition but we really should not buy this phone.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I am an idiot for buying this phone on an impulse without knowing what locked bootloader meant.

I will return the phone tomorrow. It cost me 35 dollars but I am not going to use Android without root.

I signed the petition but we really should not buy this phone.

At least wait the 30 days out.

Also when you return it, only give them the phone. The charger / cable / box / manual has some resale value.

Might as well get your 35 worth

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
i will also return mine if at&t is quiet about this within 30 days. i also will leave at&t.

tjsimmons

May 25, 2010
At least wait the 30 days out.

Also when you return it, only give them the phone. The charger / cable / box / manual has some resale value.

Might as well get your 35 worth

See, I'm willing to wait more than my 30 day return window for either HTC to release their unlock on htcdev, or for the guys here to figure one out. This phone is so good even without having an unlocked bootloader in root that I honestly don't mind..

But I do miss Titanium Backup. That's probably what I miss the most from having root. I never did much with it other than flashing CM, but Sense 4 is pretty dang nice.

E

E.Cadro

Fyi we have root at least check the dev section. :D

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

thunder2709

Jun 29, 2011
Vancouver
Obviously if someone has no interest in rooting i'll sell it to em all day long. The people who ask me about it, i tell them whats going on and recommend something else

EDIT: In addition im a third party retailer who sells multiple carriers. I have no inherent loyalty to AT&T

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts