[Project]Fusion: Power User Customization|XDA Dev App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Objective:
To be able to create a ROM on your phone from your favorite chef. Also you will be able to combine differnt packages from different chefs. So you like Chef A ROM but you like Chef B graphics you can combine the two as long as the Chefs break up their packages according to specs of app.

Also you will be able to browse, download and install apps from developers here at XDA, HTCPedia or any other website if they wish to place their Apps here.

Chefs, developers, and any modder can put up their own work on server and will be responsible for maintaining their work on App Store server. It is up to each modder to set price if any. PayPal system will be part of app.

Project Lead Time
V1 beta will be available after all bugs have been found and squashed.

How it will work:
User can create ROM and flash from phone. User can also browse App Store and select what programs, tweaks and themes to include in ROM or add to current ROM installed on phone.

Theoretical scenario
User wants to install new ROM on phone and does not like any of the custom stuff chefs put into ROM. What is user to do?

User downloads and installs Fusion Visual UC on either Windows Mobile Device.

User then runs Fusion Visual UC and selects all settings user prefers and applications. Through activesync Fusion Visual UC will install custom package on SD card of device and install latest Fusion Power ROM.

New ROM will be loaded on phone. At end of Windows Customization, Fusion Visual UC will take over, issue some prompts and then proceed to install all customized user settings.

At end of customization user's device will reboot and user will have totally customized Windows Mobile build as if user cooked the ROM themselves.

All flavors of Manila will be included to allow user to select what version they like to use.

More to come soon!

Funding
This project requires some funding which I can not do on my own, if I could I would so I am hoping to get some help from the community since it will be for everyone to use as end user or developer.

Costs will be:
Friend who is helping me with code. I already gave him my new TP2 as partial payment and would like to give him some payment as we get further a long. Anything is good...

Server equipment - Would like to keep server in house for the launch of App and for a few months after that. So I will need to purchase equipment for server.

Additional Phones - Would be nice to get a phone for myself for testing reasons and one for graphic designer. No big deal, can make do without but would make everything easier.

I am a student and do freelance IT work on the side. I filled up my schedule as much as I can for this week and next to earn some extra cash to carry the burden of cost. Only downside is it takes time away from App.

Thank you in advance if you contribute to this application.

Everyone who contributes will be set up with free exchange account. Also if developers want to charge for their apps I will try to cut a deal with them to allow donators to access their apps for free.

Developers have no charge to use this app nor are they required to share in their profits.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Developer Info

I will soon post instructions how to setup your packages to be recognized on server for App Store.

Things you can create:
ROMs - fully loaded or base ROM
Packages - All sorts of add-ons for your ROMs
Tweaks - any tweaks, can be CAB, Reg or XML file
Themes - create themes and share them on the App Store

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Progress

15-09-09 01:19 AM
Cob webs have been cleared.
Flowchart and App design layout all complete.
First line of code is about to be laid out...

21-09-09 18:13
Busy weekend coding away. The base of the ROM creation tool and app store have been laid. Format for developers to place their stuff on server has been finalized. Will not take much work from developer to place their work on server and in App Store.

If any developer (Chef, app developer or modder) would like to get a head start on getting their packages ready feel free to PM me. Once I am 100% sure that the current format for developers is the one we are going with then I will publish instructions.

This will work on any WinMo device but the first device to be fully supported will be the HTC Touch Pro2.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Leave input

If I did not mention a feature that you think would work well with new App I am working on please leave input and I will look into it.

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
You can pull it off A. I know you can. We will all be waiting. Take your time so you don't have to stress yourself after release on people complaining about issues.

VizagDude

Jan 31, 2007
New York
Hey welcome back At0m. Glad to see you back in action. Pretty interesting concept. So you are making Chefs out of us huh!!

Looking forward...

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
So.. is this going to be an application that installs app cabs over a base ROM... or a kitchen type setup that recooks a base ROM with the user's preferences ?

yutadastan

Oct 29, 2007
Welcome back

Glad to see you back here not because of your fusion or future room but as a friend. we may not know each other but i think, you are still among the elite people that devoted your own time for all the xda community.

WELCOME ....:):):)

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
So.. is this going to be an application that installs app cabs over a base ROM... or a kitchen type setup that recooks a base ROM with the user's preferences ?

A crappy chef never shares his secrets or plans for fear they may be stolen.

Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.

I think it is best we do not cross paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.