. 4 radio 📻

Search This thread

Staggerlee66

Mar 11, 2014
Anyone else think the radio in the update is an improvement? Seems to me it is. I've got h+, full time again. Not something that ive had in a while.

Please fix the F/C on this application. Thx.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Anyone else think the radio in the update is an improvement? Seems to me it is. I've got h+, full time again. Not something that ive had in a while.

In my case.I had to downgrade to the 4.4.1 radio since the the 4.4.3 one dropped signal so much and that drained around 10% battery overnight for 3 consecutive nights. That's the main issue I found with it. Now, with the .4. its all back to normal and get better signal on places like basements and spots that were dead before..

pabarker

Sep 1, 2012
Yes, seems much better to me. 4.4.2 radio was terrible for drop outs then 4.4.3 radio fixed that but with a lot of battery drain. The new radio in 4.4.4 seems to have fixed both issues for me anyway and does seem to give a slightly better signal strength.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Miqueas111

Dec 10, 2012
with .3 and .4 I get a bit of distortion everytime I'm in a phone call. Any ideas? I've already flashed several times only the radio. Clean flash.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
No point comparing since it varies from one person to another. Across all radios I've seen absolutely no difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Yes, seems much better to me. 4.4.2 radio was terrible for drop outs then 4.4.3 radio fixed that but with a lot of battery drain. The new radio in 4.4.4 seems to have fixed both issues for me anyway and does seem to give a slightly better signal strength.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
I just ota updated to 4.4.3 but I keep hearing about 4.4.4. Is 4.4.4 out already??
Thanks.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
No point comparing since it varies from one person to another. Across all radios I've seen absolutely no difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Good point. Its more about location. Some radios perform better on certain location. Also if you got poor signal, the phone will spend more energy looking for it.
It's about trying to see which does better where we leave.

I just ota updated to 4.4.3 but I keep hearing about 4.4.4. Is 4.4.4 out already??
Thanks.
Yes. look in the general section

Staggerlee66

Mar 11, 2014
Good point. Its more about location. Some radios perform better on certain location. Also if you got poor signal, the phone will spend more energy looking for it.
It's about trying to see which does better where we leave.

Yes. look in the general section

Well in my case i went from 20+mbs down to1-2mbs. That's not walking around the apartment. Im up to 20mbs.This update is so small there cant have been much more than a new radio and a couple of fixes. Need to have a look at it when I've got the time.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
.16 is more than doubling my prior modem speed's on T-Mobile usa in Vegas (about 29mb down/18mb up).

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Last edited:

ConorCX

Jan 20, 2013
Yesterday I had the clearest mobile phone call I've had in a long time after updating to 4.4.4. Brilliant.

Sent from my Nexus 5

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
.16 is definitely one of the best modems released. Wasn't too happy with .13

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts