Honest opinion if you have a second

Search This thread

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
A little background. I have a S4 vzw and my Girl has the AT&T NC1 Safestrapped. She's not digging Hyper too much or any other VZW ported and flashable rom on her phone. Honestly i'm looking for ROM suggestions? I was honestly thinking stock modified with xposed to the max, but GPS not working for her i guess is an issue... Your thoughts and opinions would be great

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Goldeneye 36 flashed with att NC1 modules and att APN build prop file (and supersu). I'm using it no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanx for that one. popped it on her phone and she's setting it up and shes at least smiling and not punching me. GPS not locking is i guess an issue with a lot of AT&T roms i'm seeing. know of a fix or anything? This ROM looked cool and easy on aroma and considering im on the Loki bootloader this wasnt too hard to figure out.
Also how can 55 people view this and only 1 response? really people? really? dont help no one out or anything with giving your 2 cents or nothing.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
The GoldenEye ROM should not have GPS issues on I337. No trouble on mine.

Process I used: I've got NC1 stock system, towelrooted, supersu, safestrap. Boot to safestrap recovery. Do full advanced wipe except SDcard, then flashed rom, supersu, att NC1 modules, then att APN build prop file. GPS works, WIFI works, no trouble installing any apps, it's all good.

We're you at NC1 baseband to start?

I used GPS all day yesterday on a trip... worked great but man it drains battery on the G4!

Are you sure GPS was working when you started the process?

Maybe others will have suggestions for a fix. Sorry!

Marc

Reactions: FordNate

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento

Process I used: I've got NC1 stock system, towelrooted, supersu, safestrap. Boot to safestrap recovery. Do full advanced wipe except SDcard, then flashed rom, supersu, att NC1 modules, then att APN build prop file. GPS works, WIFI works, no trouble installing any apps, it's all good.

I used GPS all day yesterday on a trip... worked great but man it drains battery on the G4!

Marc

her phone was the nk2 version until she got outta jail and i upgraded to nb1 and did the whole update thru stock recovery file to make it nc1. she was running stock modded there for a minute everything working great. she wanted flavor and i switched ROMs for her, tried hyper and couldnt get it working right away and then we had issues so i restored her stock backup. gps was showing 2 blocks 30 m away and wouldnt update position in real time. Flashed to hyper, again, and she ran it for a week no issue, except the dialer not working and no mms. Went to GoldenEye and she's ok with it. havent heard much about gps although we walked my dog last night and it was 20 meters off. (hyper on my phone and hers would lock us within 2-6 meters believe it or not). Shes testing it out in the morning though.
O n i pulled the NC1 modules from that toolkit even though its a different size file than the modules floating around.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767026
If you are wanting to get away from touchwhiz I believe you will enjoy that ROM. GPS works there are a couple of minor issues.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

You are correct. No WiFi teether.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

i love asop Roms. She doesnt and likes TW and even Sense.. On my old phone i fell in love with beanstalk n CM10. this phone not too much but i love the "freedom" of loki exploit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goldeneye 36 flashed with att NC1 modules and att APN build prop file (and supersu). I'm using it no problems.

Marc