Question about flashing i717 roms

Search This thread

Flare106

Oct 23, 2010
I tried to search and did not come up with the information I was looking for, but I was wondering what would be entailed in getting WiFi and vibration to work with the att note i717 ROMs. I flashed aocp the collective from the i717 by replacing boot.img and everything seemed fine except WiFi and vibration.

I tried replacing dhd.ko and vibrator.ko with ones from a T-Mobile ROM but that did nothing. Also if anyone has gotten those things to work what was done? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

iamanalog

Jan 1, 2007
So i doubt we'll get a response but it this possible? I;m about ready to dump this phone and just take the hit and leave tmobile. I have never had as much issue with a phone just getting a stable release. Between terrible coverage to random restarts this phone is just coming off as what i expected from samsung.

Flare106

Oct 23, 2010
It definitely seems like its a kernel issue, I think I'm gonna post a question over in the i717 forum, hopefully get a response. Some of those guys are using t879 ROMs and I wonder if they had similar issues with the WiFi and vibration? I haven't been able to dig anything up. I'm in the process of unpacking the kernel, I'm gonna try a few things and see if I can get this to work. Setting up the environment is taking a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

Flare106

Oct 23, 2010
Alright, I have finally got WIFI to work with i717 ROMS, now im just working on getting the vibration working. should be able to have that working here in a just a short while. afterwards i will do a write up for those that want to try it. definitely will give people more options for flashing roms.

The only rom i have tested with so far is the latest version of paranoid 2.56 for the i717, will try this method with others after i get vibration going. Other than those two things i have not noticed any other problems with flashing i717 ROMS.

Last edited:

iamanalog

Jan 1, 2007
Nice, well I have a device to test and break stuff on. I've given up on what we currently have available because everything I've tested in the last month just turns to **** after a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T-879 using Tapatalk 2

Flare106

Oct 23, 2010
wifi and vibration are now working. I posted a thread in the development section. The fix is bundled into a flash-able zip file for flashing in recovery!

Reactions: joemm

Flare106

Oct 23, 2010
The only thing you should have to do is pull the boot.img and replace with a boot.img from a T-Mobile tw based ROM. I tried doing just that on black star over in the i717 forum and it worked fine, I ran it for a few hours before switching back to jelly bean and I didn't notice any problems with the ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kim621973

Feb 28, 2011
I tried to replacing boot.img but i couldn't.
I'm gessing that they've been blocking.
Anybody sucessfully replacing boot.img
Please let us know that how?
Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using xda premium

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Our roms can be flashed back and forth. Just be rooted, have the latest twrp and flash the rom of your choice. Than flash the blaze ics modem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wifi and vibration are now working. I posted a thread in the development section. The fix is bundled into a flash-able zip file for flashing in recovery!