Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39 update rolling out in USA?

Search This thread

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
Just manually flashed back complete stock for this. Temporarily booted twrp and flashed the ota and worked flawless. As I see so far, 4.2.2 is much smoother.

Thanks for the links and info guys, everyone appreciates it ! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Kid_droid

Jul 27, 2011
London
Quick question...if I flash the 4.2.2 update can I still use my 4.2.1 custom ROMs in the mean time if I want to?

Beamed from Nexus 7
ROM: Sexy Unicorn aka Dirty AOKP
Kernel: A30/uptodate

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
I just flashed 4.2.2 a few minutes ago, I don't really notice a difference though. 4.2.1 was smooth for me but wi-fi was spotty at my school, hopefully this update changes that

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6

Attachments

• 4.2.1_JOP40D_Wi-Fi_Stock_SystemUI.apk.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 548

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Quick question...if I flash the 4.2.2 update can I still use my 4.2.1 custom ROMs in the mean time if I want to?

Beamed from Nexus 7

Hi, Kid_droid...

I would think so, yes...

I flashed the update via TWRP... having made a nandroid backup of my current MoDaCo CM 10.1 (JellyBean 4.2.1) based installation first.

Having spent some time with 4.2.2, I then restored that backup without problems. (Although I had to fastboot flash TWRP again - the update wiped it out).

The only 'permanent' (for want of a better word) aspect of the Nexus 7 that the update changes is the bootloader - upgrading from 4.13 to 4.18.

So, yes... flashing 4.2.1 ROMs shouldn't be a problem.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Reactions: Kid_droid

Kid_droid

Jul 27, 2011
London
Hi, Kid_droid...

I would think so, yes...

I flashed the update via TWRP... having made a nandroid backup of my current MoDaCo CM 10.1 (JellyBean 4.2.1) based installation first.

Having spent some time with 4.2.2, I then restored that backup without problems. (Although I had to fastboot flash TWRP again - the update wiped it out).

The only 'permanent' (for want of a better word) aspect of the Nexus 7 that the update changes is the bootloader - upgrading from 4.13 to 4.18.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Thanks for putting in your time to reply definitely I will feel more confident doing this.

I'm going to make a back up and get me some update stock 4.2.2

Thanks again.

Beamed from Nexus 7

kiranforu

Dec 16, 2011
Chennai
Can I get OTA Update?

Hi Friends,

I am in Stock OS Android 4.2.1 + Rooted on my Nexus 7

I haven't shown any update till now. I am in INDIA.

Will I get the OTA update or not?

Kid_droid

Jul 27, 2011
London
Just to confirm I have updated to 4.2.2 but now back on AOKP 4.2.1 anyways

1. First I downloaded Vodoo Root keeper on my backed up "Stock ROM"

2. Open the app and just Tap protect root.

3. Make a back up of current ROM

4. Then manually flashed the OTA zip using TWRP

5. Rebooted opened Vodoo app again and click restore root.

6. Now you good again but will lose custom recovery.

7. So just download goo manager and then install recovery from the menu on top right and you sorted.

No need on a PC or anything.

If you just stock rooted and have changed nothing or flashed recovery..flow steps 1 and 2 then delete Google framework data..search for update and if OTA shows up run the update then d step 5

Knock at the door? I think that's my Nexus 4 yuuum ready for root !!!!!!

Beamed from Nexus 7

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
Just to confirm I have updated to 4.2.2 but now back on AOKP 4.2.1 anyways

1. First I downloaded Vodoo Root keeper on my backed up "Stock ROM"

I used CWM instead of TWRP and when rebooting after flashing the OTA ZIP, it asked me if I want to keep custom recovery and restore root, to which I said yes, and I am now on 4.2.2 stock rooted with custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

@teh_1

That's fine. My question is, whether I will get the notification or not?

Assuming you are on a stock 4.2.1 ROM, you should get a notification of update availability when it is made available in India. Note however that you will most likely lose root if you let the phone update itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiranforu

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
Hi, Kid_droid...

I would think so, yes...

Rgrds,
Ged.

I flashed the update, boot loader is still 4.13

Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1

Top Liked Posts