[Q] SCH-I545 Odin Fail (Auth)

Search This thread

Portisface

May 31, 2014
I am trying to flash phone back to stock ROM due to my phone only booting in Odin mode, but I keep getting FAIL! flash attempts in Odin. The failure occurs at the message line FAIL! (Auth). I have tried flashing VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar and CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I am trying to flash phone back to stock ROM due to my phone only booting in Odin mode, but I keep getting FAIL! flash attempts in Odin. The failure occurs at the message line FAIL! (Auth). I have tried flashing VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar and CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.

Were you originally on MDK? If so, have you checked MD5?

Portisface

May 31, 2014
No. What build were you on before your problems?

I don't remember other than I was at 4.3. I had my phone rooted using SuperSU and I tried unrooting so I could download the latest OTA. I was still getting errors to install updates after disabling SuperSU and was getting sick of my phone constantly trying to update so I decided to try to revert back to stock. I downloaded Odin and the TAR file I mentioned and followed the instructions to restore back to stock ROM. I received that error and found in another forum that someone got it to work using CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505. I tried that to and same issue. I can't find any other solutions.

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I don't remember other than I was at 4.3. I had my phone rooted using SuperSU and I tried unrooting so I could download the latest OTA. I was still getting errors to install updates after disabling SuperSU and was getting sick of my phone constantly trying to update so I decided to try to revert back to stock. I downloaded Odin and the TAR file I mentioned and followed the instructions to restore back to stock ROM. I received that error and found in another forum that someone got it to work using CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505. I tried that to and same issue. I can't find any other solutions.

You need to find what build you were on because you can't flash an older build. You can only flash your original build or newer. If you want the latest OTA, (Kit Kat), you need to download the .tar file for that.

Portisface

May 31, 2014
You need to find what build you were on because you can't flash an older build. You can only flash your original build or newer. If you want the latest OTA, (Kit Kat), you need to download the .tar file for that.

I am currently downloading Kit Kat. However, I was trying to flash it one more time to copy and paste the message lines here and now the error is "There is no PIT partition." I have already downloaded the PIT for my phone. I am I gonna have to use that now?

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I am currently downloading Kit Kat. However, I was trying to flash it one more time to copy and paste the message lines here and now the error is "There is no PIT partition." I have already downloaded the PIT for my phone. I am I gonna have to use that now?

I think you might me be over complicating things. If you're going with NC5 (Kit Kat) and you can use Odin, I think all you're going to need is the .tar file.

gotshot87

Nov 12, 2015
Hi,

I've been trying to revert to stock rom just like the OP. As you'll see my adventure ends at aboot.mbn. I downloaded the latest build (SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5) according the tutorial I'm using. I'm using the latest version of Odin3 1.85 (also according to the tutorial. Also, I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW (SCH-1545) phone. Any and all help will be appreciated!

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

boomhouseofink

May 15, 2015
Hi,

I've been trying to revert to stock rom just like the OP. As you'll see my adventure ends at aboot.mbn. I downloaded the latest build (SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5) according the tutorial I'm using. I'm using the latest version of Odin3 1.85 (also according to the tutorial. Also, I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW (SCH-1545) phone. Any and all help will be appreciated!

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Hi guys,
1st thing thank you for the informations and knowledge i have learned here at XDA.

I have the same problem . I have done all i believe i can from all the research i have done and come acrossed. Hands up in the air and i surrender.

Need some help:)
If anybody could please fhank you so much...