[Q] What Device Would you get If the PLay never existed?

Search This thread

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
Had I not gotten the play, I was going to get a nexus s.

Note: most of the phones you guys mention didn't exist when I got my play

Sent from Asgard

Last edited:
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I am probably going to be crucified for this, but the G-Nex is WAAAYY overrated. I have one. Sure, its nice having a bigger super amoled screen, its very fast, but when it comes down to it, how is this ANY different from my Galaxy S? Not one single improvement. I actually upgraded to a nex from my Play and after a few weeks it was back to the play. The lack of physical controls are what got to me in the end. That and hitting the damn home button every time I played shadowgun and pewpew2 made me want to chuck it out a window.

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I am probably going to be crucified for this, but the G-Nex is WAAAYY overrated. I have one. Sure, its nice having a bigger super amoled screen, its very fast, but when it comes down to it, how is this ANY different from my Galaxy S? Not one single improvement. I actually upgraded to a nex from my Play and after a few weeks it was back to the play. The lack of physical controls are what got to me in the end. That and hitting the damn home button every time I played shadowgun and pewpew2 made me want to chuck it out a window.
I pointed out that out whenever I can, the spec is nothing special and sure you say Google optimized ICS for the hardware, which is again nothing special, the video card is just the same model as the Nexus S but higher clocked. ICS is being officially released for all other phones and they will have better hardwares than the Nexus. It lacks microSD slot and primarily use MTP as opposed to Mass Storage mode, weak camera and doesn't support GLONASS which even the Play has. The Nexus and Note started off at the same price, $750, right now one is $425 new and the other still $550. Which is bad for people who bought it on release date, but otherwise its good because more people can afford it and at $400 I think its an excellent deal, just not at its original MSRP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2488575

If the options are phones that came out during the time of the play then the phone I would have got would be the Motorla Atrix. I was in love with that phone.

If we are choosing all phones including ones out right now then I would probably get the Xperia S or Razr.

Cetus90

Mar 8, 2012
I would stick with the Samsung Skyrocket, then screen and hardware are way better then the Play but the gaming pad made me switch back... The thought of carrying a ps3 controller around to game just seemed too outrageous.

Also switched back since i unlocked bootloader with the omnius promotion ^_^

D

Deleted member 4493700

i was going to get a droid razr, htc thunderbolt, or iphone 4 until i saw the phone that completed my life, the xperia play.:D

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
When I got my play the only choices were a Nexus S, Arc, Captivate, Acer liquid, something by LG.. Dual core hadn't hit Canada yet.

The choice was obvious.

Sent from Asgard

Turney

Dec 4, 2011
Well, I sold my 3 month old Galaxy Note for the Play, never regrettet it for even a part of a second!
It's a hard choice... Since Dual and Quad Core seem to be total nonsense in my eyes, I guess I would still stick to my Desire or would've upgraded it to the Desire S.

Top Liked Posts