[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [05/31/13]

Search This thread

AnonFBI

Oct 18, 2012
One last question which I forgot to ask... Now that WhatsApp works, should I keep AppGuard installed on the tablet and Blue Stacks on the laptop or I can uninstall them? I have unchecked the auto-update function, so I guess it will work without any risks?

I tested now, is secure, i uninstalled AppGuard from my tablet and i reboot, WhatsApp stay get messages and work.

Whatsapp in BlueStacks is not need it now, you can uninstall if you wanna, this is secure and better remove of bluestacks.

AnonFBI

Oct 18, 2012
I installed whats up using titanium back up from my phoen and installed the restore. Only thing bad about this is that sometimes you will get messages to either tablet or phone but not both at the same time :eek:

This method is more clean and secure, you cannot use whatsapp with the same phone number in 2 devices in the same time, you will get messages in one or another

cheeyeen

Aug 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I bricked my Galaxy SL GT-i9003 and it's behaving like a tablet without IMEI/baseband.

So I made it into a "real" tablet, and this worked like a charm! :D

Thank you sooooo much!!

padremayi

Jun 8, 2010
It works, but...

Hi all!

I have a question; why do you use Bluestacks App Player???

When I got the verification code from Bluestacks App Player, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 asked again a telephone number for verification!!!
If I use the call verification, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 answer me that I must wait 50 minutes for another call verification (due to the one with Bluestacks)...
Then, after 50 minutes, I did the call verification directly on Nexus 7...

Summarizing...

1) I installed WhatsApp 2.8.7326 version from provided link, secured it with App Guard by removing the access at phone status and identity and then I launched WhatsApp.
2) At the verification I used my telephone number (home, office, it's not obligatory to use cellular number) and when the SMS verification has failed I asked for call verification directly on my tablet. Then I used the code provided!

Is Bluestacks App Player really necessary???

Last edited:

AnonFBI

Oct 18, 2012
Hi all!

I have a question; why do you use Bluestacks App Player???

When I got the verification code from Bluestacks App Player, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 asked again a telephone number for verification!!!
If I use the call verification, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 answer me that I must wait 50 minutes for another call verification (due to the one with Bluestacks)...
Then, after 50 minutes, I did the call verification directly on Nexus 7...

Summarizing...

1) I installed WhatsApp 2.8.7326 version from provided link, secured it with App Guard by removing the access at phone status and identity and then I launched WhatsApp.
2) At the verification I used my telephone number (home, office, it's not obligatory to use cellular number) and when the SMS verification has failed I asked for call verification directly on my tablet. Then I used the code provided!

Is Bluestacks App Player really necessary???

Yes, it is necessary because BlueStacks let you use verification methods working, directly on nexus 7 you cannot do it!

You need setup the same phone number in bluestacks and nexus 7 (later of get the sms to your phone, received by bluestacks, you can setup
nexus 7 with the same phone number again and activate the installation with the 3-digit code)

kn4959

Jul 17, 2011
work like charm in my nexus 7 3g

just need to follow TS write up step by step

Thanks !!:good:

mozk

Sep 25, 2009
amazing

I have a nexus 7 and a omnia w with windows phone...and whatsapp on windows phone is kinda ridicolous, now i can use it with no problems!

megaweb

Jan 1, 2013
I have installed whatspp successfully to my nexus 7 previously and used for a while until recent whatsapp Dec update. Now I have uninstalled the old version of whatsapp and follow your latest steps. I encounter problem to secure whatsapp via Appguard. When I use Appguard to secure whatsapp, it aborts the app and prompts for error message "Unfortunately, AppGuard has stopped". I have tried a few latest version of whatsapp and all have this issue. Is it my nexus IOS 4.21 conflicts with Appguard?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards
Johnny

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
This stupid a d f links are not allowed here. This thread will be reported and deleted!

AngryGamer025

Dec 21, 2012
Amsterdam
When I try to install bluestacks on my pc it says: videocard was not found maybe you need to install updated drives. But I have my drivers updated and it is stil not working. Is there another way to do it without root?

Send from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Danielulo

Jan 2, 2013
i love you man!! thanks, works for nexus 7 4.1, can i use for two devices at the same time ? excuse my english

AnonFBI

Oct 18, 2012
Thread download links updated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

AnonFBI

Oct 18, 2012
I have installed whatspp successfully to my nexus 7 previously and used for a while until recent whatsapp Dec update. Now I have uninstalled the old version of whatsapp and follow your latest steps. I encounter problem to secure whatsapp via Appguard. When I use Appguard to secure whatsapp, it aborts the app and prompts for error message "Unfortunately, AppGuard has stopped". I have tried a few latest version of whatsapp and all have this issue. Is it my nexus IOS 4.21 conflicts with Appguard?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards
Johnny

Try to download the last version of appguard and install in your tablet/smartphone, then install the version of whatsapp what i provided in my thread and should be working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello for everyone, Today we going to get Whatsapp in our Beast Tablet Google Nexus 7 (tested WIFI VERSION AND 3G, ALSO WORK WITH ANY TABLET HAVING ANDROID!)

I was very busy developing and cooking roms for allwinner a13 tablets

THIS HOWTO IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANNA INSTALL WHATSAPP IN THE TABLET

DO YOU NEED: 1 ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND WHATSAPP INSTALLED AND UPDATED!

REMEMBER: YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE INSTALLATION OF WHATSAPP BY PHONE NUMBER, IF YOU WANNA USE WHATSAPP ONLY IN YOUR TABLET, PLEASE UNINSTALL WHATSAPP ON DEVICES
    USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER.

This a new method to start to get working whatsapp in our tablet.

1. Install "Carbon backup" APK from play store on your android smartphone and on your tablet.

2. Take a back up of whatsapp from your smartphone and select the option to save it on your external SD card.

3. Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card.
    (This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.)

4. The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5. Now back to your smartphone

Copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. (You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you)

6. Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.

7. Open Carbon application and restore WhatsApp

8. It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store.

Install WhatsApp to the tablet!

9. Select restore option again and restore WhatsApp data

10. Open WhatsApp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. (IF YOU HAVE MESSAGES THERE, THEY WILL BE IN TABLET TOO)

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 11.

Send one or two messages to your friends.

11. Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.

12. Restore the back up again from carbon app.

13. Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.

14. Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call

15. Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.

16. Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.

17. Enter it and enjoy

Easy method to import contacts:
    1. Import the contacts from Outlook to a CSV file.
    2. Login to Gmail and imported the CSV file.
    3. Login to Gmail in your tablet and contacts will be synchronised!

DO NOT FORGET SAY THANK YOU AND SHARE THESE THREAD
    You must install whatsapp version 2.8.7326 download of the link I provided

Hai, Im from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Wifi user. I search for how to install WhatsApp in WiFi only tablet and guess what??? I TOTALLY works. A zillion thanksto you :good:

BTW, for those who got 6 digit authorization code that means you have installed the wrong version on the BlueStacks. The WhatsApp version on BlueStacks and on your tablet must be SAME.

Hope thread starter will update his OP since Im also thought just download it from somewhere else to be use in BlueStacks but no, you must installed the same version.

Before this I use the latest version which is 6 code, appguraded but you cant enter your code there. But this method totally works. Now I have Viber and WhatsApp, hey who need a simcard? Thank you so much AnonFBI
    This is for ppl who are facing issues because of blue stack, apguard or getting error messages like "tablet not supported", "it looks like your client has been modified". Please follow the below steps. I tried today and it worked perfect. No need to root your tablet. For easy understanding, I have colored the text :- Red-Things that are to be done on phone . Green-Things that are to be done on tablet

1) Install Carbon backup app from play store on your android smart phone and on your tablet. My android smart phone is rooted [it should work in non-rooted smart phone as well]
    2) Take a back up of whatsapp and select the option to save it on your external SD card.
    3) Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card. This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.
    4) The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5) Now back to your smart phone- copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you
    6) Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.
    7) Open Carbon application and restore whatsapp
    8) It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store. I would recommend you to download the apk and install it.
    9) Select restore option again and restore whatsapp data
    10) Now you can open whatsapp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. I mean the messages :p

Please note : Whatsapp can be attached to a single number only, so please uninstall it on your smart phone after the above process.

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 10.

Send one or two messages to your friends.
    12) Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.
    13) Restore the back up again from carbon app.
    14) Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.
    15) Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call
    16) Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.
    17) Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.
    18) Enter it and enjoy :)
    More simple metod

I've installed whatsapp in another, and more simple way.
    I've just restored one whatsapp backup (made on my galaxy s2) with titanium backup, and at the registration of the number, i've just inserted secondary phone number, and just wait for sms code ;).
    If someone is interested in, just pm me, I can send the backup to restore ;)
    EDIT: i forgot to tell that play store full recognizes the app, and i can update regularly when new version come up :D
    Working method.!!! 02/19/2013

After All this method is working yet but with a few steps more today 02/19/2013:

i do this

1- with titanium backup make the backup of the whats app on my phone (Galaxy S2 epic 4g)

2- uploaded the 3 file made from the titanium folder to my dropbox and then downloaded to my nexus 7

3- restored the app from the backup already maid with the titanium backup (at this step i try to open the app but it where stuck into the update phone process, same as installing from zero)

4- with the Appguard app secure the whatsapp and at the end of the process you can choose the permissions on the phone and under the Phone Calls deselect "read phone status and identity" (first tricky move).

5- then as common users of appgard know during his process all the data is wiped from the app, now you just go to the titanium backup and restore only the data of the app. (second and last tricky move)

i hope this help, tomorrow if i got time i can make a full howto with screens of all. if needed just let me know.

Having whatsapp installed with same number on phone and tablet works fine, I've been using it for months like this.

Just titanium backup the working phone version, then upload the .tibk file to dropbox or otherwise transfer it to your n7 and restore the backup file, app+data.

Just need to try to remember to try and not have it running on phone and n7 at the same time because I've had it screw up a couple of times by forgetting. Just close phone version when you're using the tablet and vice versa. But even if you do forget then all you have to do is restore the titanium backup again, takes 2 secs.

I'm using whatsapp+ btw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD