Xperia T/Tx/V official android 4.3 First Impression

Search This thread

Tinup93

Oct 6, 2012
Cairo
I made this post to let everyone share his impression about the long waited android 4.3 To our beloved phones T/TX/V

share your thoughts =)

and Gratz lets w8 for our last hope the Kitkat =D

Update
after flashing the usa FTF i just used my mobile for 10mins and seriously i got a new mobile now! nicely done by Sony
Smooth and Graphic is eye blessing just gotta w8 till get rooted and get the smaller navigation bar cuz this one is kinda too big

i love the call animation too It`s a new phone now =) Gratz to everyone

Tx Owner

Last edited:

pieceofphil

Jun 2, 2013
Augsburg
First we won't get kitkat and in March our 18 months are over and Sony has yet made it to get itself out of having to give us kitkat...

Now 4.3. I don't know I expected more. SP got the gloves mode for example and I don't know whether it is just the Vodafone version why aren't we getting an update center?
The cam looks good but lacks of functionality, for example the tap to focus and make picture is gone and the auto mode being chosen every time I open the app is not really optimal.
The lockscreen is a bit rudimentary but we all knew that before yes we got widgets but honestly what do they offer if I have to watch out not opening Walkman or when swiping left and right. Better optional app buttons and to have them on the lower screen half.
Then the Docomo status bar better than what we had before but definitely many steps behind other uis in that case.

Worst for me is that the buttons for navigation are almost third of the screen... Would it kill Sony to make that customizable?

My main parts I'm not yet updating and waiting for the modders to do their best

corbett562

Mar 11, 2013
My Impression

It snappy ,looks nice ram usages is poor I don't know about battery life yet , sound quality seems to be enhanced :louder ,deeper bass, higher treble all round improvement P.S. for those who don't know first start up will be a tad laggy

flow1

Oct 11, 2009
What about TX? When receive 4.3?

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
... snip
The cam looks good but lacks of functionality, for example the tap to focus and make picture is gone and the auto mode being chosen every time I open the app is not really optimal.
... and that for a company like Sony. Imagine that.

... snip

Yep, and that for a completely stripped down version, with no auto-background update of Google Services, and other unneeded items.

pieceofphil

Jun 2, 2013
Augsburg
No buddy asked you about KitKat :-S

share your thoughts =)

I took the share your thoughts part as invitation to share my thoughts on both subjects mentioned.
And I advise you to just let people have their opinion and if I needed to release my frustration over that subject respect that too. Otherwise get out of the internet as you'll get offended every second website you visit.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
Your not the first one to complain about it I just want to hear about the update not about the one we're most likely not going to get that's a hole other thread.
Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

Last edited:

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań
Stamina mode and camera

- Stamina mode looks like its 2 versions back. It lacks of customization which is in SP and Z series. Besides the (inaccurate) timer there is nothing new. :( That mode was previously in 4.1.2 just now it looks better.

- Camera - first impression is that it makes better pictures in low light conditions but I cant find settings in menu for resolution and quality - itll be nice if someone tell me where it is.

ronniecross

Mar 4, 2009
Milton Keynes
SP got the gloves mode

SP always had glove mode...

the tap to focus and make picture is gone and the auto mode being chosen every time I open the app is not really optimal.

:( I didn't know about this. I rely on tap to focus (as someone who knows absolutely nothing about taking a good picture)

The lockscreen is a bit rudimentary but we all knew that before

I passionately hate the current Xperia lock screen. While I like using other lockscreens, sometimes the default lock screen over-rides it anyway, I think when memory is low. I know I can use a pin, pattern, etc, but I want to be able to look at my phone for a very few short seconds without all the fiddling. Worst Xperia lock screen yet. Even the X10 lock screen was better.

Then the Docomo status bar better than what we had before but definitely many steps behind other uis in that case.

I'm glad this is present, my partner's SP has had it since updating to 4.1 and I've always been a little envious :p

LegibleEel

Jan 16, 2011
Manchester
Bit disappointed Walkman doesn't have music unlimited built in. It's the one thing I was waiting for :(

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pieceofphil

Jun 2, 2013
Augsburg

- Camera - first impression is that it makes better pictures in low light conditions but I cant find settings in menu for resolution and quality - itll be nice if someone tell me where it is.

You're most likely in Super auto mode... Got to switch to manual mode first and then enter the settings

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Your not the first one to complain about it I just want to hear about the update not about the one we're most likely not going to get that's a hole other thread.

There's something called over reading. Learn it, really will help you.

BTW I'm getting confused you're not the post maker why you think you can tell me what to write and what not to write?

Reactions: kingstonxl

shyrsio

Dec 20, 2010
Tirana
i see a few bugs

First of all, what happened to the stock browser. is it android policy to pass to chrome in 4.3? I dont know about you, bt i dont feel any butter maybe the firmware still needs to get the hang of the device, vut for the moment it feels a bit laggy. Most important: What the hell happened to the volume bar?! i press the volume keys and ony a small grey rectengle appears, no indicator of volume level, i can hear the beeps increassing volume but i dont see it, and if you are in an app like RR3 it doesnt work! anybody had the same problem?

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań
First of all, what happened to the stock browser. is it android policy to pass to chrome in 4.3? I dont know about you, bt i dont feel any butter maybe the firmware still needs to get the hang of the device, vut for the moment it feels a bit laggy. Most important: What the hell happened to the volume bar?! i press the volume keys and ony a small grey rectengle appears, no indicator of volume level, i can hear the beeps increassing volume but i dont see it, and if you are in an app like RR3 it doesnt work! anybody had the same problem?

For me volume bar is shown correctly

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First we won't get kitkat and in March our 18 months are over and Sony has yet made it to get itself out of having to give us kitkat...

Now 4.3. I don't know I expected more. SP got the gloves mode for example and I don't know whether it is just the Vodafone version why aren't we getting an update center?
    The lockscreen is a bit rudimentary but we all knew that before yes we got widgets but honestly what do they offer if I have to watch out not opening Walkman or when swiping left and right. Better optional app buttons and to have them on the lower screen half.

Worst for me is that the buttons for navigation are almost third of the screen... Would it kill Sony to make that customizable?

xposed framework with gravity box and GEM Xperia Xposed will help alot.

as you can see in the picture below the nav bar is smaller the bars are really transparent and the dock has no background any more. Also there are more rows and collums. Yes this is really the stock launcher from Sony :silly: only the icons i did with Dekstop visuelizer :)

Also with GEM Xperia Xposed you can mod alot of the lockscreen too. You can even choose the AOSP lockscreen if you want.

w8w7dc.jpg

No buddy asked you about KitKat :-S

I made this post to let everyone share his impression about the long waited android 4.3 To our beloved phones T/TX/V

share your thoughts =)

Update
    after flashing the usa FTF i just used my mobile for 10mins and seriously i got a new mobile now! nicely done by Sony
    Smooth and Graphic is eye blessing just gotta w8 till get rooted and get the smaller navigation bar cuz this one is kinda too big

i love the call animation too It`s a new phone now =) Gratz to everyone

Tx Owner
    Google Play link please :)

To lazy to search yourself?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    someone who had no problems with the camera in the XV 4.3?

My XV works perfectly. No problem with The camera.

Inviato dal mio LT25i utilizzando Tapatalk