[Q] How do you factory reset this thing?

Search This thread

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
I am trying to factory reset the HTC One Max from sprint and it's not letting me for some reason. Every site I go to says you hold the volume down key and power when the phone is off, but that keeps booting up the phone and it doesn't bring me to H-Boot. How do I factory reset this thing??

jerrycycle

Aug 20, 2009
It can be a touchy process, but if your phone is booting, maybe try this in the settings- backup & reset-reset phone. The way you are doing is- hold power & volume up until on screen buttons flash. Once the screen powers off, hold volume down until h-boot shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: haoleflip

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
The easy ways to do it are
1. if you have adb setup on your computer - run the following command - adb reboot-bootloader
2. Hit reboot in the phone, then keep your volume down button held.

Reactions: haoleflip

fuzzynco

Oct 29, 2008
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S9
Similar problem,,,, stuck in boot loop

If I could get to hboot,I would do RUU to restore to a known state then
reinstall TWRP and restore my backup. I'm s-off and rooted with
VZW's One Max on their 4.3.

Currently I see the splash page, dark and the splash page again.
Doesn;t reach boot animation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think your situation is you didn't untick Fast Boot option under power setting. You can use easy way as suggested by @pradeepvizz

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    It can be a touchy process, but if your phone is booting, maybe try this in the settings- backup & reset-reset phone. The way you are doing is- hold power & volume up until on screen buttons flash. Once the screen powers off, hold volume down until h-boot shows.
    The easy ways to do it are
    1. if you have adb setup on your computer - run the following command - adb reboot-bootloader
    2. Hit reboot in the phone, then keep your volume down button held.