[Q] Moving on from the HD2...What Next?

Search This thread

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
So after just over 2 years, I think my HD2 has offered me all it can, and now I want to get a new phone. Only problem is, I dont know what to get! Ideally I would like to stick with WP7, but the manufacturer of the phone isn't too important. Camera, screensize(large) and battery life are the main features I am after. Really, I think the only contender is the HTC Titan, but I haven't really seen many others available. is there anything out now, or coming out soon that would be a good replacement? I was hoping the Nokia Ace might be coming soon, but i cant find any firm info

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I've had my hd2 also for 2 years and just bought the Galaxy Nexus and haven't looked back. Awesome phone!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

xlr8me

Apr 19, 2010
Saw a Samsung galaxy note today..

I think this could be the successor for me..
Time will tell..

I like the 5.3'' screen a lot..

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
I fancy the ss note too,, but I'm waiting till summer and buy one outright once the price drops and the devs fully open it up. In the meantime I bought another hd2, (since I've been living with a cracked screen and no gps for 18 months since a drunken phone fumble, *cringe* )

Maxp101

Apr 24, 2011
Just go with WP7, 5 on the HD2!
It'll probably never be ported to the Samsung Galaxy Note, and or any other phone from the galaXy series

Sent from my nexus s using xda premium

jamieross

Mar 25, 2010
Armadale
www.jamieross.co.uk
I currently have the galaxy note and it is the bomb, a few issues here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. Just looking for more development, but will take time. I remember when the hd2 was the same all there was was wm6.5 then a very shoddy sd Android build and now it's a living breathing machine capable of so much more.... The hd2 will ever be in my debt and I will never get rid of it. On that note I would like to give out massive respect and thanks to all developers and users in the hd2 forums that have helped over the last few years.

Gone but not forgotten.

Jamie R

Sent from the HD2's closest replacement, the Samsung Galaxy Note

sibeer

Mar 20, 2008
Liverpool
Wish I hadn't sold mine when I got my release SGS2. Just for playing about with it was far and away the best phone ever. Technically it is clearly well behind now, but we are three years on so that is hardly a surprise ;)

Jules2k7

Mar 22, 2010
Marcus2283 I see the rumoured htc edge is truly the only phone that comes close to being the true successor of the HD2

Same, I'm finished with my 2 year HD2 contract next month and I'm itching to get a new phone, been eyeing up the Nexus for a while. But I'm scared of buying it and getting buyers remorse the instant the HTC edge or the Galaxy s3 are released.
But I really dont want to have to wait another 3 or so months to upgrade :(

GhostKlart

May 8, 2011
Moscow
hd2 lagacy

i should recommend u something android related
the galaxy family is the perfect one, so Galaxy S II or Galaxy Note will be ok, including there ICS update

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
♦♦ Galaxy Note ♦♦

Galaxy NOTE seems to be the only device right now which i think is pulling me towards itself and away from my hd2 !
the device (hd2) has served me very loyally over the past months...

but still i would keep my hd2 as a second phone and galaxy note as first ! :D :D :D!

xvs1100

Feb 21, 2012
first i was looking at the nexus, but no sd-card slot? no way! so i'm landed with the galaxy note, now since 3 moths. i still love my hd2 on miui rom, using it with my prepaid sim card, but the note... wow... also good rom devs around and a lot of possibilities in flashing... :D

TheDamFr

Jan 4, 2012
Chicoutimi
Most of people quit HD2 for HTC Desire HD or HTC Sensation.

For Android Phone, Galaxy Nexus is annoucing a new SmartPhone Class. Like HTC One series =D

HTC One X should be quad-cored with a 720p - 4.7" Screen =D

cordaylec

Apr 15, 2010
E. St. Louis, IL
After 2 years of being loyal to the HD2 I finally ugraded to the SGSII and haven't looked back, yes I still have the HD2 running MIUI ICS the Galaxy S 2 is a great replacement, sure the dev support is not as deep, but give it time, it will be.