Mount USB Storage on OSX?

Search This thread

tmcquake

Jul 11, 2010
N/A
SOLVED (At least in my case)

I am experiencing similar issues as Tmcquake. When I plug my Note into my laptop or any other pc it beeps to notify me that it’s charging but the pc does not show my G-Note as a connected device. When I first got my Note I would just plug it in to a pc and the pc would detect it without any further actions. The last time it functioned correctly I transferred about 800 of music to the phone. The next time I connected the device to the pc it was not detected. I then unplugged the phone and followed these steps: settings>wireless & network> USB Utilities> connect storage to pc> plugged phone in. No dice; the phone is still not connected. What is going on here? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Got it to mount. I had to uninstall kies and the drivers, then I noticed that in C:\Program Files and in C:\Program Files (x86) there was still a folder in each called directory called "Samsung". I deleted the folders, restarted my computer, plugged in the Note, and it automatically installed the usb drivers and mounted as MTP.

Sometimes the way Windows behaves baffles me. It makes no sense. Anyway, SOLVED!

EDIT: Nevermind, it mounted the first time. Plugged it in a few minutes later and it wouldn't mount again.

Last edited:

awestenb

Mar 13, 2007
Just adding on to say I have the same problem.

There are lots of people complaining around the web that their Note won't connect via USB. This seems to be a problem with the phone and not just a case of someone who can't find the menu.

I have 2 Macs and 2 PCs, have tried it on all of them, installed and uninstalled drivers, switched cables, switched to a powered hub, tried Kies, tried Heimdall, tried Odin, USB debugging on and off, Bluetooth on and off, tried the "connect storage to PC" option. Before and after the XXLB1 update. None of it works.

I'm thinking the phone is broken.

I guess i have to try to return it, which is going to be a huge PITA. Especially if the new one they give me has the same problem.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
Just adding on to say I have the same problem.

There are lots of people complaining around the web that their Note won't connect via USB. This seems to be a problem with the phone and not just a case of someone who can't find the menu.

I have 2 Macs and 2 PCs, have tried it on all of them, installed and uninstalled drivers, switched cables, switched to a powered hub, tried Kies, tried Heimdall, tried Odin, USB debugging on and off, Bluetooth on and off, tried the "connect storage to PC" option. Before and after the XXLB1 update. None of it works.

I'm thinking the phone is broken.

I guess i have to try to return it, which is going to be a huge PITA. Especially if the new one they give me has the same problem.

XXLB1 update? Do you have an international note?

Register_

Mar 13, 2012
Paris
flickr.com
Hi,

I try to use "Android File transfert" on a mac but what ever I do he's not detecting the Note.

But using parameter > USB it works fine... So I can connect the Note but not by AFT, read somewhere that the phones have to be declared in the libMtp to be detected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a little unintuitive, but first you have to have the phone unplugged via USB. Go to settings, then Wireless. Then you go to USB utilities. Then press "Connect Storage to PC", and THEN plug in the cable.