[-] remount rw failed Invalid argument
[+] Removed hook
[-] current && current != last +1 : 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-] Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again

A demon materialized while pting. Error code: 80
su binary was not written
You need to restart your device
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Got no black screen, no reboot, no nothing.

Restarted my phone to try again, and got exactly the same log as above.

But thanx for your efforts.

viiron

Feb 12, 2011
Otego, NY
Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura - SCH-S738C

This method worked perfectly on my Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura - SCH-S738C. Followed all the steps except when I got to the last one #10, I have to do it twice to make it work. After a quick reboot I was rooted. I did however find out that SuperSU would not install complaining that su was outdated, so I had to use Superuser which worked just as well.

Thank you very much for the post.

For those of you that have that phone, there are more help tips (after getting root) at the following:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-centura/

dhinesh77

Nov 30, 2012
Namakkal
www.ddworlds.webs.com
This method worked perfectly on my Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura - SCH-S738C. Followed all the steps except when I got to the last one #10, I have to do it twice to make it work. After a quick reboot I was rooted. I did however find out that SuperSU would not install complaining that su was outdated, so I had to use Superuser which worked just as well.

For those of you that have that phone, there are more help tips (after getting root) at the following:

Finally you got it ..congrats....Thanks for reporting here, I have updated in devices list...Btween you are welcome...:laugh:

sakurahime

Jun 29, 2007

I have been trying for a while to root this phone, but every iteration of poot I tried came up with invalid qt version. how did you do it?

Update: Oh NOW it starts working >.<
I will update if mine goes well now that it is downloading everything.
Final update: The phone is rooted. YAY ^^. the only thing I did different from my other tries was to install minstrel as well as the minstrel control panel and place it on testing. Hopefully that saves someone else time if the get invalid qt version.

Last edited:

SlimMan

Aug 20, 2011
Abingdon
Hi,

I have a centura and I am having some issues trying to root it. I know that it's been done via this method. I think my problem is I can't seem to do step one.

Code:
 1) Go to settings > application > preferred install location > Internal device storage.

If someone could help me out with where to actually change this setting on this phone I would appreciate it.

*UPDATE*
Resolved - See Here

Last edited:

dhinesh77

Nov 30, 2012
Namakkal
www.ddworlds.webs.com
Hi,

I have a centura and I am having some issues trying to root it. I know that it's been done via this method. I think my problem is I can't seem to do step one.

Code:
 1) Go to settings > application > preferred install location > Internal device storage.

If someone could help me out with where to actually change this setting on this phone I would appreciate it.

*UPDATE*
Resolved - See Here

Atlast rooted ?

inferno17x

Sep 22, 2011
NEC Medias n-05e

Hi,

I tried your method to root NEC Medias n-05e however after pressing "press here to poot" I get the below message:

"can't get a handle on it: -1 Permission denied"

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 18 su binary was not written.

I do not get any black screen or reboot after that.

ThePeacedog

Feb 3, 2009

Confirming another user with the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura S738C successfully rooted with this method. I ran a system update before running poot and I still had to "poot" twice, but no issues with the QT that some are reporting. The QT libraries were downloaded "automagically" during the process. I did receive the following:

"A demon materialized while pooting. Error Code 87 su binary was not written. You need to restart your device."

at which point I simply pulled the battery to reboot, then moved directly to step nine, rebooted, step nine again, then the options popped up. Rebooted one last time, then to the market to install Superuser.

Thank you to all involved, developer, testers, and writers/posters. ;)

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013
Glad to see some work being done on these. My friend has the sch S738c, and I'm going to try rooting. Wondering, is there no ROMs for these phones?? Didn't realize they were so different as to not have any ROMs.I'm thinking she won't have any need for root, if there isn't any available ROMs or mods for it.
I do good at rooting and flashing, but wouldn't know where to begin for a port of any ROM.
I've searched around and not found anything.

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013
Understandable.
Maybe we can sweet talk one of these devs into porting a ROM for us, and or a kernel. To me, a good kernel, and adjustability of ui and performance is a main reason for root/ROM.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

dhinesh77

Nov 30, 2012
Namakkal
www.ddworlds.webs.com
Hi,

I tried your method to root NEC Medias n-05e however after pressing "press here to poot" I get the below message:

"can't get a handle on it: -1 Permission denied"

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 18 su binary was not written.

I do not get any black screen or reboot after that.

After pressing "press here to poot" ,did you got 3 options above log ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easiest rooting method EVER !!

No need of PC................

To gain root access, you have to perform the root method by installing POOT apk ..

Download: Poot.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/download/vyn7mv413nnm3cv/poot-debug.apk)

To ROOT your MICROMAX is now became simple

1) Download and Install poot.apk

2) Now open the poot app then it will require you to install Ministro II, Simply follow the link to Google play store.

3) Then you will be required to update ministro library, please update it.

4) Once you updated the Ministro Library then you will be faced with two options;
    1. “Press here to Poot”
    2. “Built in root check”

5) Click on the first option which is “Press here to Poot” and after a while, You are going to face with three options.

1. Get Superuser
    2. Get root-checker
    3. In-built rootchecker

6) Press Get superuser and download superuser app.

7) And finally do a reboot to take effect

8) Congrats you have rooted your phone now

1.Thanks to Aziz Sayyed for his brief step by step instructions

2.Thanks to dev of poot & Ministro app

Tested on micromax qualcomm phones worked great..Hope it will work on other Qualcomm too..

TESTED DEVICES:

MICROMAX A54
    MICROMAX A56
    MICROMAX A57
    MICROMAX A87

KARBON A21

Huawei U8860 Honor;
    HUAWEI ASCEND Y.

SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI 2 S6500
    SAMSUNG GALAXY CENTURA - SCH-S738C
    SAMSUNG GALAXY DISCOVER - S730M
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
    Samsung Galaxy ACE 2X;

LG Optimus Sol E730;

Alcatel OT-908;

Gygabyte GSmart G1345;

Sony Ericsson WT19i Live with Walkman;
    Sony Xperia Tipo (Single/Dual)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray;

HTC Desire Z;

ZTE V790

Ninetology Pearl Mini i5350

Kyocera Hydro C5170

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura - SCH-S738C

hmm Looking Interesting...I was want to try but My phone is Bricked/Dead ; So hope someone Try & Post Result here :)
    Our Group Member "Rohit Sharma" Tested & Got Success in rooting his A87..Working Confirmed !
    I successfully rooted my galaxy mini 2.
    Using poot for h866c or huawei ascend y.