[Q] How To Fix 4.4.3 Update Bug In AOSP Builds?

Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Android Police Article About Bug - "Bug Caused Devices To Download Stock 4.4.3 Update Repeatedly And Obliterate Data Caps"

How can I fix this issue without flashing a copy of the latest build? I ask only bc im running Beanstalk rom which hasn't been updated in a while and I'd really like to stay on it. Any Ideas?

you need to read that article again. it doesnt say aosp, it clearly says its a cm bug. and the title is "CyanogenMod 11 M6 Bug Caused Devices To Download Stock 4.4.3 Update Repeatedly And Obliterate Data Caps, Fixed In Newly Released M7 Build".

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
you need to read that article again. it doesnt say aosp, it clearly says its a cm bug. and the title is "CyanogenMod 11 M6 Bug Caused Devices To Download Stock 4.4.3 Update Repeatedly And Obliterate Data Caps, Fixed In Newly Released M7 Build".

Only reason I left "CM" out is because of this comment. Is this not true?

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
If you let the page load, it links to a comment stating "It isn't really the fault of cm devs. You'd face the exact same problem even if you compiled aosp and added Google apps to them."

generally, if you have root, and modified anything in your system, youll get an ota but it wont install. at that point, it would redownload itself eventually for an other attempt . itll stop if you update the rom manually. but if you never update, itll keep attempting. but that isnt a bug.

Reactions: R.Suave

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
generally, if you have root, and modified anything in your system, youll get an ota but it wont install. at that point, it would redownload itself eventually for an other attempt . itll stop if you update the rom manually. but if you never update, itll keep attempting. but that isnt a bug.

Awesome. Can you help now or are you only interested in nitpicking the wording used?

Is there a way to stop the update from downloading over and over without flashing a new rom?

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Awesome. Can you help now or are you only interested in nitpicking the wording used?

Is there a way to stop the update from downloading over and over without flashing a new rom?

i dont nitpick wording, never ever have, as not all of us use english as a first or second language. anyways, busy i always am, since i spend lots of time here helping people while im busy at work. how exactly to stop it, i dont know for sure as i have never tried(never been an issue for me). what you can try if you have root is install the disable service app from the play store, open it, go to system apps, find google play services, then disable SystemUpdateService. but really, im not sure :)

Reactions: R.Suave

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
i dont nitpick wording, never ever have, as not all of us use english as a first or second language. anyways, busy i always am, since i spend lots of time here helping people while im busy at work. how exactly to stop it, i dont know for sure as i have never tried(never been an issue for me). what you can try if you have root is install the disable service app from the play store, open it, go to system apps, find google play services, then disable SystemUpdateService. but really, im not sure :)

Thank you.

Reactions: simms22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you let the page load, it links to a comment stating "It isn't really the fault of cm devs. You'd face the exact same problem even if you compiled aosp and added Google apps to them."

Thank you.