Has anyone noticed lag after the 4.4.2 update?

Search This thread

mikebel3

Jun 10, 2010
Whittier
Wife has been complaining that her keyboard hasn't been responsive, that its not picking up her swypes. I tried it out and I noticed that its just laggy all around. Opening/closing apps, swiping through screens. Everything is just so slow. Has anyone else noticed this?

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
I've been running smooth like buttah since the update. But, I flashed the update tar so my system was wiped clean. Also have done the usual tweaks (freezing/Uninstaller crap, turning off unneeded notifications, etc)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

JoHnNYBlaZE716

Dec 31, 2013
Buffalo
Wife has been complaining that her keyboard hasn't been responsive, that its not picking up her swypes. I tried it out and I noticed that its just laggy all around. Opening/closing apps, swiping through screens. Everything is just so slow. Has anyone else noticed this?

Try flashing a custom rom. It just makes things so much better

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

johnsonbx

Dec 7, 2011
Any suggestions for which ROM?

I've always run rooted stock on my S3 but the 4.4.2 update (installed via cnexus method) is doing weird things. Sometimes it's fast. Sometimes it crashes. Usually while I'm trying to take an important call.

My criteria: stability, speed, and assurance of periodic updates, in that order. No nightlies on that device, just something that works well. It's my work phone and I want to make it last for a year.

Thanks,

BJ

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Any suggestions for which ROM?

I've always run rooted stock on my S3 but the 4.4.2 update (installed via cnexus method) is doing weird things. Sometimes it's fast. Sometimes it crashes. Usually while I'm trying to take an important call.

My criteria: stability, speed, and assurance of periodic updates, in that order. No nightlies on that device, just something that works well. It's my work phone and I want to make it last for a year.

Thanks,

BJ

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

I would solve the problem under stock first, otherwise you may still have the problem no matter what ROM you use. Try Odining the stock ND8 tar again? Make sure the MD5 hash matches what you downloaded for it.

Maybe it's an app you have installed? Try just adding downloaded apps one or a few at a time.

I've successfully run stock rooted ND8, Wicked X v6+, and now on Singularity.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been running smooth like buttah since the update. But, I flashed the update tar so my system was wiped clean. Also have done the usual tweaks (freezing/Uninstaller crap, turning off unneeded notifications, etc)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Try flashing a custom rom. It just makes things so much better

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg