[Q] Focus doesnt find wireless-n network!!

Search This thread

lungothrin

Jun 15, 2007
On the specs it says the phone supports wireless n (802.11n), but when i go to settings and search for networks it wont show my local wireless n network, is it the phone or just wp7 that currently doesn't support wireless n?!

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
No problem with wireless N here. But WP7 doesn't support hidden networks. Make sure your wireless network is visible. Also not clear is whether or not the phone can connect to 5GHz band.

Paolo01

Nov 13, 2006
Washington DC
On the specs it says the phone supports wireless n (802.11n), but when i go to settings and search for networks it wont show my local wireless n network, is it the phone or just wp7 that currently doesn't support wireless n?!

This is one of those unusual known software issues. The phone is capable of n, but the mediocre wifi software/interface the the phone is packaged with has no options to enable it. This is set to be a first round fix. Chalk this up there with the no hidden SSID's support right now.

There is no good reason as to why your phone cannot do this now and you probably could go into the diagnosis panel and figure it out, but that is not the users responsibility.

MS must have a great reason, but it is not readily apparent.

cwiley2566

Apr 23, 2007
Yeah my router does 2.4ghz G & N plus 5ghz N; so it connects but it would be nice to know what it is connecting at. I am sure it doesn't do 5ghz because that ssid is not found as an option but it would be nice to know it is connecting to the N 2.4 and not the G.