[APP] Modus Operandi v.0.5.2 for Android 2.x

Search This thread

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
Is there a plugin that can check speed? maybe via the gsensor? I'd like to setup a situation where if it detects im moving faster than 10mph, it should turn on the bluetooth. Also, is the 10 minute check adjustable?

there isn't a plugin that check device speed.
I thinks that for this plugin the gsensor is useless... but it should be done in another way ;).

I suppose that you can't use a dock station (like Nexus One car dock) that automatically enable bluetooth...

it should be a good idea, I will develop it if another user need that.

10 minute check will be configurable in the next version ;).

Tomdroid

Mar 4, 2010
Starting an app is good enough. The only reason I was wondering about the kill part was to have Skype shut down the moment I turn my Wifi off. :)

Tomdroid

Mar 4, 2010
I know! That's why I had the idea for a Modus Operandi set up that goes like this:

On:
Location = home
& Battery >= 50% (or even better: Battery = charging)
then
Wifi = on
Skype = launch

Off:
Location != home
or Battery < 50%
then
Wifi = off
Skype = kill

That way I'd have an automated set up that let's Skype only run while I'm within Wifi range and the battery level is good, thus ensuring it's not sucking my battery empty. :)

Obviously, this would require a "kill app" plugin.

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
I know! That's why I had the idea for a Modus Operandi set up that goes like this:

On:
Location = home
& Battery >= 50% (or even better: Battery = charging)
then
Wifi = on
Skype = launch

Off:
Location != home
or Battery < 50%
then
Wifi = off
Skype = kill

That way I'd have an automated set up that let's Skype only run while I'm within Wifi range and the battery level is good, thus ensuring it's not sucking my battery empty. :)

Obviously, this would require a "kill app" plugin.

In the same Situation, all Conditions check logic is in "AND".
If you want and OR check logic for conditions, you can create 2 Situation ;).

I don't want to write a Plugin that do the same work that android scheduler do.

If an application drain too much battery life... you should uninstall it and search for an alternative app ;)

Tomdroid

Mar 4, 2010
In the same Situation, all Conditions check logic is in "AND".
If you want and OR check logic for conditions, you can create 2 Situation ;).

I don't want to write a Plugin that do the same work that android scheduler do.

If an application drain too much battery life... you should uninstall it and search for an alternative app ;)

Sorry if I wasn't clear, those are 2 situations: 1st is "On", 2nd is "Off".

As for Skype, I'd love to use an alternative, if only there was a viable one. I had tried Nimbuzz and Fring and both produce waaaaay too much lag to do any serious phone calls. And while I'm at home, near the power plug, I really don't care whether Skype uses too much battery or not. I'm simply not using it while on the road.

But anyway, looking forward to that "launch app" plugin. :)

dalavar

Oct 17, 2007
Washington State
Any way for the localization plugin to switch to GPS if no network signal? I always have GPS on.

What I am trying to do is automate my wifes phone. Where she works has no network signal but does have access to wifi. So I would like it to turn on airplane mode (so phone isn't constantly searching for a non existent network) and turn on wifi.

Is this currently possible?

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
Localization pluin with GPS is in developing ;-).

Currently, this plugin has 1.5km radius. With this radius, MO don 't recognize location before you lost network segnal?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

dalavar

Oct 17, 2007
Washington State
Localization pluin with GPS is in developing ;-).

Currently, this plugin has 1.5km radius. With this radius, MO don 't recognize location before you lost network segnal?

If I use outside radius setting it works good when she is going to work but if not going to work but going somewhere else then I would have to have multiple profiles which I am trying to avoid. A for work, home, and other is kinda what i'm trying to achieve. I'll just be patient and wait for the update. Thanks for a good program.

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
If I use outside radius setting it works good when she is going to work but if not going to work but going somewhere else then I would have to have multiple profiles which I am trying to avoid. A for work, home, and other is kinda what i'm trying to achieve. I'll just be patient and wait for the update. Thanks for a good program.

ok, so with inside radius and work location set will not recognize position before lost segnal...

At this time you can do that with 'time plugin' and waiting gps localization ;)

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
Hi Users!

I need your help for a feature that I think to implement.

If I say you that Modus Operandi 1.0 will be able to manage automatic situation or manual profile (in alternative) and can manage situation that will be always checked for security reason?

In new "Manage" there will be 3 tab (Situation, Profile, Security) and you can choise Automatic or Manual Mode, that respectively use Situation or Profile tab. Situation inside Security will always be checked.

I will create condition plugin for check SIM inserted inside device and action plugin for lock device, send sms and/or email with device position on a configurable phone number and more...

So you can use MO for automatic or manual manage your device settings (as you need) and also for improve security in a single, powerful application.

What do you think about this ;)?

PS: don't worry.... location plugin will be updated with GPS-based location service first ;)

Last edited:

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
I'm having a problem with bt. I havt it set to turn on at >9am anf off >5pm. If I open the app bt turns on. Half the time bt turns on anyway. Lol its on right now. Suggestions?

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
I'm having a problem with bt. I havt it set to turn on at >9am anf off >5pm. If I open the app bt turns on. Half the time bt turns on anyway. Lol its on right now. Suggestions?

Can you send me, by aLogcat, "Azasoft" filtered log ;)?

anyway... please tell me exactly which Situazion you have create and how it are configured.

I'm sure that you have a misconfiguration with a conflictual situations ;)

Last edited:

imarkstr78

Nov 13, 2007
Can you add a plug in based on hardware connected to phone like Tasker? For instance, when 3.5mm stereo jack plugged in, I want a list of apps to appear. Same thing for USB connections.

The app looks promising.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi xda!

My new android application, Modus Operandi, is online :D.

With Modus Operandi you can create Situation based on Condition and Action.

For example if you are at home, Modus Operandi can enable wifi for you automatically.
    Or, if your battery charge is too lower you can reduce screen brightness.

Every 10 minutes and any time you open the main dashboard, Modus Operandi check all the enabled Situation and if any Condition inside will be verified, all actions will be executed.

It's free.
    It's modular (core + plugins).

actually there are this plugin:

• Wifi Action Plugin
    • Battery Condition Plugin
    • Screen Brightness Action Plugin
    • Time Condition Plugin
    • Geolocalization Condition Plugin (Now with configurable GPS or Network, radius and actionbar search)
    • Airplane Mode Action Plugin
    • GPS - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
    • Bluetooth - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
    • Mobile Data Connection
    • Audio Manager
    • Days of Week Conditional Plugin (New!)

Another plugin are in developing.

As soon as possible, I'll release documentation for the community.

In attach you can find eclipse template for plugin developers.

Enjoy!

Italian How-to (ASAP an english version @xda, stay tuned ;))

img.php

Support Modus Operandi with AD Remover:

img.php

TODO List:

* Manual Profile Settings
    * Special 'Security' Situations
    * Notification for manual profile choice
    * Plugins Online Directory
    * Widget for switch manual profile/automatic situations
    * More and more plugins ;)

ChangeLog:

v.0.5.2
    * Fixed a notification bug

v.0.5.1
    * Added notification when MO do a Situation check
    * Added Changelog Dialog

v.0.5
    * now you can configure how often Modus Operandi performe a Situation check

v.0.4.3.1
    * added feature for AD Remover

v.0.4.3
    * italian localization
    * some optimizations ;)

v.0.4.2
    * fixed FC when configure a Situation

v.0.4.1
    * minor bug fixed.

v.0.4
    * added feature that allow a conditional plugin to call Modus Operandi Core to check situations.
    * enable Modus Operandi Service by default (only) the first time you start Modus Operandi.

v.0.3.1
    * fixed FC on Situation conf in a very few case.

v.0.3
    * fixed layout problem with plugin list
    * updated admob library
    * removed "To Do Activities" check.

v.0.2
    * Fixed layout problem with ldpi device

v.0.1
    * First Release

Some screenshot:

PQAAAO-wiDH7WSt-SWRv34F_SaEYQjys2ii9j4V-SWs2w4T_auOCuK1tz4wrK88OP5I9LoeSpMGE9zylq2w46wtRjAUAzfqVabrqmNcwUAR0u3ZvyKvydbCPtopO.png

PQAAAHOkNHd_Q5K8JTrnHCgUbl_teGhCcG9TOcafIxfVM7ExdxUHX2UgIcN4RHdSPwlsTpcJ1JTGbo6BDtlAc3f1B_wAzfqVaUsm93Y9DJGv93ouEM3wIwMtCaJP.png

PQAAACPJONPxbEOvt2kC6bsOgONYqxg1MXglNpJJSXS9K7jX9C6SxzfE0TGoH4JFREOr4NpJhF6p1Mp3Fz724O2V9bwAzfqVaeDUxWEQj_94yzL2_XkaWLnjUsDl.png

Some plugin screenshot:

PQAAAIn_IAeWin0SmXgtLmnwN1ggi0f4ojU49A6r2E4Yg4buopYJ3YUL_1dkEz9_Y9t_Lm4_Jz3uJnI-F88bjh_stLoAzfqVaXi33kDQ3Me2mIiPmEIGZ8bZ-GfD.png

PQAAAJtQH2Ifcb7_gklxb9_cwooupKiH64bgBfmMNIhhBlIN22Dg2zryxvBV7wc0pO9Y1DayacawZjLR3AaCn-rGzosAzfqVaQpDiFXsfgx6sjSoEBrBt142MBwd.png
    what's your goal for creating this app? Just curious here. Hopefully you could implement switch to 2G network. It'll be a bonus!

Because I need it and I don't want do buy Locale for $9.90 or Tasker for $6.44.

So I've developed Modus Operandi and released it and template for developers that want to code plugins for it and absolutly for free.
    Geolocalization plugin only use network based position, not gps: this save battery life, but your positon is not puntual. Only in a radius of 1.5km.

So glad to see a nice app developed by someone from my country :)

Quick question: does the time plugin support different time sets according to the day of the week or is it day-independant?
    In case it doesn't, would you consider writing another plugin for it? :p

Thanks ;)!

Time plugin is day-indipendent, but calendar plugin is in my developing plan ;).
    Any plans regarding a "start app" / "kill app" plugin? :)

"Start app" is in plan, but "kill app" not.

the life cycle of android application is an android scheduler job.
    I can start an application but killer an app is not in my plan.
    Perhaps I think that "task killer app" is useless, so I will not implement this plugin.

But the community can ;)