Duplicate Text

Search This thread

b_dax

Sep 1, 2011
When I text I get duplicate replies. It did not do this under stock rom which was .902. I upgraded to Eclipse 2.2 and when I did that if I texted then I get duplicate replies always 2. I have a friend that has upgraded it Liberty 3 and he has the same problem.

I have a Bionic.

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
Hell I've gotten as many as 9 copies of the same reply. That's while using handcent, got duplicates with stock app as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

whomhead

Oct 11, 2009
Occasionally, I will get multiples as well. Sometimes 10 or more.

I use Go SMS on 902 / Eclipse 2.2.

Really annoying.

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
When you notice it starting do a battery pull. Its not the ROM. Its the app..
Look through the settings and make sure that in the stock you change the time stamp settings to no stamps. And if using go make sure the avoid duplicate messages is checks. It cured me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: saintsdx

saintsdx

Apr 28, 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
Look through the settings and make sure that in the stock you change the time stamp settings to no stamps. And if using go make sure the avoid duplicate messages is checks. It cured me.

Removed full time stamp in settings on default SMS. Will see if it corrects issue

skeven

Jan 25, 2012
Oh wow, and here I thought it was just me having this problem.
I'll have to try out the timestamp toggle because nothing is worse than getting the same message 10 times in a row.

saintsdx

Apr 28, 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
Two days now and no duplicates. Reverting back to timestamp to see if it comes back.
So a few days past with no issues after reverting the timestamp however last night I got multiple duplicate text messages from the same contact. Three texts in a row x three texts received. Then it stopped. I find it strange that the timestamp appears to be the problem. Oh well, removed timestamping again.

oildriller83

Aug 18, 2011
Colcord, OK
I've been having the same issue. Called Verizon and they said it's a hardware issue with the Bionic. They're sending me a white Razr to replace it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
I've been having the same issue. Called Verizon and they said it's a hardware issue with the Bionic. They're sending me a white Razr to replace it.

How did you get a Razr, my guy said he could only send me another Bionic?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Last edited:

oildriller83

Aug 18, 2011
Colcord, OK

This would be my fourth replacement Bionic, and I asked if I could get a different phone and first she told me the Razr was taken off the replacement list but she'd email her supervisor if it was put back on. While she waited for a response, she said I could get the HTC Rezound, and I declined. She then said the Razr was available in black, and I asked nicely if I could get white and she said yes it's available.

Reactions: ROB281

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
Cool so just keep finding reasons to send them back, then ask for a razr

PerfectlyFlawed

Jan 11, 2011
Ohio
My husband and I are having this issue or not being able to send or receive at all. We've been having to reboot every few hours. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
off topic, but my replacement rezound comes in tomorrow, this didn't take long with the phone's ability to drop data like it's no one's buisness

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
The Bionic is my first android that I haven't had to send back to Verizon other than the Droid 2 they sent me as a replacement to the Droid Eris, and I had to go through 6 of those first.

ripsurfer08

Jul 11, 2008
Im getting this multiple text also... Is this happening to rooted bionics only or both.? Im rooted w/ eclipse 2.2...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This would be my fourth replacement Bionic, and I asked if I could get a different phone and first she told me the Razr was taken off the replacement list but she'd email her supervisor if it was put back on. While she waited for a response, she said I could get the HTC Rezound, and I declined. She then said the Razr was available in black, and I asked nicely if I could get white and she said yes it's available.

Cool so just keep finding reasons to send them back, then ask for a razr

Im sure that'll work. I believe in the 3rd replacement you're allowed a different phone