My device not getting into recovery.

Search This thread

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata
My device not getting into recovery. Harwarically I can get into recovery, but I can not use adb reboot recovery or any rebooting app, it just normal reboots. Need urgent help. My buttons are almost finished cant stand more pressure.

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
stock rom. i can get into recovery using hardware buttons and pa rom's power button menu. but can not get into using other apps.

What other apps? Like some reboot app? Maybe they send the wrong argument to the bootloader. Might not be compatible with our device.

If you can get in using hardware buttons, then its mostly a problem with the other apps you are trying.

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
Download terminal emulator, run:

Code:
su
reboot recovery

and you're in recovery. If that doesn't work for some unknown reason, you need to switch roms.

EDIT: disregard this, per adams post below.

Last edited:

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
It doesn't work on stock rom unless you manually write recovery boot command to misc partition.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

Reactions: JoinTheRealms

GalaxyVolvoZ

Jan 28, 2013
Hanoi
Download from playstore rom manager and go in, in the app theres a option : *boot my device into recovery*

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
Download from playstore rom manager and go in, in the app theres a option : *boot my device into recovery*

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

As Adam posted above, none of these apps/ commands will work if it isn't defined in the misc partition. I wasnt aware of this before Adam pointed it out, ill look into the easiest way for this to be done.

Last edited:

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
As Adam posted above, none of these apps/ commands will work if it isn't defined in the misc partition. I wasnt aware of this before Adam pointed it out, ill look into the easiest way for this to be done.

IIRC now that @GalaxyVolvoZ posted ROM Manager works, because it writes the needed command.
Otherwise this is the command needed in shell:
Code:
echo "boot-recovery" | /system/bin/dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 count=13

cruelboy86

Apr 27, 2014
i cant enter recovery on my phone. getting this everytime reboot int recovery. tried physical keys, or rom manager, even system reset also cannot do because of this. any idea how to solve this?

currently on stock rom

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013
i cant enter recovery on my phone. getting this everytime reboot int recovery. tried physical keys, or rom manager, even system reset also cannot do because of this. any idea how to solve this?

currently on stock rom

Did you try to flash a recovery without unlocking bootloader?
Use LG mobile support tool.

Top Liked Posts