Help install JB ROM on Desire X

Search This thread

dbux

Jan 26, 2013
Dubai
I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful :)

JarJarWinks

Jul 26, 2014
I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful :)

You need a jb hboot.

Chethan012

Sep 1, 2014
Bangalore
Need help to install custom rom for hboot 1.15

hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.

realCyphox

Apr 6, 2012
Germany
hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.

1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me :eek:

Chethan012

Sep 1, 2014
Bangalore
My hboot version is 1.15

1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me :eek:

Hi pls check the attachment, seems like my hboot is 1.15..:(

Attachments

• IMG_20140901_211911.jpg
    IMG_20140901_211911.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 29