[HOW-TO] make apps that don't scale ...scale :)

Search This thread

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
This works on most apps that don't scale to fit the entire screen, minus a few gameloft games.
This fixed for me Engadget, speed test and some other apps that just filled a small part of the screen.

The process is completely safe and reversible. no root required:
It seems that the stock firmware comes with "Compatibility mode" enabled by default and this is preventing from some apps to scale.
To fix this download space parts from the market.

- Open spare parts.
- Scroll all the way to "compatibility mode". it is unchecked, check it. if there is already a check mark there, uncheck and check it.
- reboot phone
- open spare parts again
- Scroll all the way to "compatibility mode". uncheck it.
- reboot phone
- done.

now apps like engadget will scale to fill the entire screen.

NOTE: it seems that in the latest version on some firmware version this options is disabled by default so most apps *should* scale.
If apps like engadget already scale for you - you do not need to do this.

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Youre a charmer mate, thank you.

EDIT: works on reckless racing but not retro defense. Probably scales xml only...

Last edited:

eskasi

Apr 25, 2006
This is great, but it makes one of my fav launchers go weird... I love UltimateFaves pro... using this trick suddenly makes the carousels tiny :( I use the carosel to put call and sms favs.... great way for me to send out sms fast to the few I always msg...

http://goo.gl/tBbLs

I would definetely use this trick as it seems to only help some apps scale right (most in my case). Does anyone know how to NOT let it try scale/affect certain apps like this one?

Teeh

Apr 27, 2008
This Program is work with any not fix resolution programs but not work with fix resolution prgrams.
some fix resolutio progams will be not open or smaller displays than original display and problem with sensor for game too. I try to play hungry Shark is full screen but sensor is slowly than original display

yuszairi

Nov 16, 2009
very nice. works like charms by the tips. especially the kids apps.

however it cant tweak Papago X5 resolution, otherwise it would amazing to have 7" nav display!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This works on most apps that don't scale to fit the entire screen, minus a few gameloft games.
    This fixed for me Engadget, speed test and some other apps that just filled a small part of the screen.

The process is completely safe and reversible. no root required:
    It seems that the stock firmware comes with "Compatibility mode" enabled by default and this is preventing from some apps to scale.
    To fix this download space parts from the market.

- Open spare parts.
    - Scroll all the way to "compatibility mode". it is unchecked, check it. if there is already a check mark there, uncheck and check it.
    - reboot phone
    - open spare parts again
    - Scroll all the way to "compatibility mode". uncheck it.
    - reboot phone
    - done.

now apps like engadget will scale to fill the entire screen.

NOTE: it seems that in the latest version on some firmware version this options is disabled by default so most apps *should* scale.
    If apps like engadget already scale for you - you do not need to do this.