[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Ok, 1 more question...in one place you use heapgrowthlimit and in another just growthlimit. Same with startsize. Which is correct?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I'm sorry I meant to have you put heap with the others .. so its the one with heap I edited my post

Sent From My Thugnificent SPH-D700 because its more than Magnificent

1midniterider

Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Battery with and without wifi... similar use...

4432b3b7-edb1-ca66.jpg
4432b3b7-edc8-ce27.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Lagfree keeps it at the top and slowly brigs it to the bottom of the cpu frequencies... and its tanto.....tonto is spanish for fool or idiot.

LOL ... Way To Go Biggoron .... I totally forgot about the Spanish translation , I was only thinking about Samurai-things .... LOL

gooch1025

Jan 3, 2012
I just tried flashing on alpha 2 and it works but the keyboard bug is back. I have to hit back to make it go away every time. I don't know if this is kernel related or not.

Edit: It is the kernel. I re-flashed the rom and gapps and everything was fine.

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: flastnoles11

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I just tried flashing on alpha 2 and it works but the keyboard bug is back. I have to hit back to make it go away every time. I don't know if this is kernel related or not.

Sent from my CM9 Samurai using xda premium
Flashed it as well but I don't have any bugs :)

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
from what I understand the kswapd0 fix was in the kernel so I'm assuming tanto will be updated to include this fix? CM team said it was needlessly consuming cpu and draining battery, which is probably why CM9 is so drastically more draining than GB..I'm going to test on stock and then with tanto, though by the time the stock kernel kills the battery earthbound may have updated already haha

After he eats him some steak..

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
from what I understand the kswapd0 fix was in the kernel so I'm assuming tanto will be updated to include this fix? CM team said it was needlessly consuming cpu and draining battery, which is probably why CM9 is so drastically more draining than GB..I'm going to test on stock and then with tanto, though by the time the stock kernel kills the battery earthbound may have updated already haha

After he eats him some steak..

I threw that fix in the last build... so it has been in there...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
I have been working all day on something that is more for myself than anyone but I'm sure anyone who wants to compile samurai will appreciate it...

I don't know how but now is as good a time as ever..haha
I'll go get some tuts ;) I'm interested to know what it is someone like you keeps to himself

BTW is it bacon flavored? I like bacon..
j/k, I know it's highly unlkely to be bacon-flavored.. :(

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
I don't know how but now is as good a time as ever..haha
I'll go get some tuts ;) I'm interested to know what it is someone like you keeps to himself

BTW is it bacon flavored? I like bacon..
j/k, I know it's highly unlkely to be bacon-flavored.. :(

I'm working on one scrip to rule (compile) them all, it provides all of the kernels, miui, cm7, cm9, tw.mtd, bml ei22, and bml.el30, provides color bash interface to easily know what's going on, and I even threw in the toolchain, all someone will have to do is clone the repo, sync it for changes, start the script and choose the platform to build for, it is done and working, just need to throw the patches all 33 of the samurai patches on each kernel source and it is good to go... there will be no more checking out branches you will have the complete samurai source for all platforms just as I do, including modules, initramfs, recoveries, etc for each platform.

This is making it a lot less work for me, o and by the way anyone who tells more cores doesn't equal more productivity is wrong ! These 8 cores are awesome...

As for 100mhz it still isn't working as soon as I'm done with this project I will look into it.

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I'm working on one scrip to rule (compile) them all, it provides all of the kernels, miui, cm7, cm9, tw.mtd, bml ei22, and bml.el30, provides color bash interface to easily know what's going on, and I even threw in the toolchain, all someone will have to do is clone the repo, sync it for changes, start the script and choose the platform to build for, it is done and working, just need to throw the patches all 33 of the samurai patches on each kernel source and it is good to go... there will be no more checking out branches you will have the complete samurai source for all platforms just as I do, including modules, initramfs, recoveries, etc for each platform.

This is making it a lot less work for me, o and by the way anyone who tells more cores doesn't equal more productivity is wrong ! These 8 cores are awesome...

As for 100mhz it still isn't working as soon as I'm done with this project I will look into it.

If I only knew what you were talking about :D,
I'm sure when I get my new laptop I could be doing the same only difference is about 4 cores :(... laptops stop at quads.... anyways happy you got that beast blazing would love to see the final build picture and specs other than the cpu.

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
I'm sure when I get my new laptop I could be doing the same only difference is about 4 cores :(... laptops stop at quads.... anyways happy you got that beast blazing would love to see the final build picture and specs other than the cpu.

I only understood about half of it myself and the half i did understand was still above my pay grade lol but give me until the end of the night to Google myself silly and I'll understand what those words meant ;)

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City

Laptops show 8 cores for Intel due to Hyperthreading.

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
? So a dualcore at 2.4-3.0 would be faster than a quadcore 2.4-2.7? Because they can hyperthread? So a dualcore would be an equivalent I'm lost?

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:

No...I doubt it. BUT, on a laptop, a quad core still allows for 8 threads...so the CPU does handle encoding, media, etc more aggressively. I wasn't comparing it to a true 8 core (which effectively would show up as 16 anyway).

I don't know if he has a true 8 core....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
    Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
    embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
    but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...
    Fixes/Tips & Tricks/Outdated Versions

Saved for future use... Although I do not see much use for it...
    Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
    Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
    NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
    MKasick We all know what he does....
    and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
    Netarchy
    Existz
    and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
    (if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
    kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
    pre2epic4g
    Ted Cousens
    Gary Gallichio
    stringyquark
    Adam DeLozier
    Tyrus Lyle
    Jon Delano
    Gordon & Kat Little
    Marcel LeMay
    Jonathan Maxon
    Jerad Wilson
    David Davis
    Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !
    could everyone do me a favor and hit the thank you button for me. ;)
    So how is everyone diggin the new kernels, if ya like em throw your hand up and hit thhe thank you button... ;)