How to dump Jade ROM from the device

Search This thread

gorila22

Oct 16, 2005
Brussels
It´s easy to dump... connect the device to pc with usb...
take pdocread.exe and the 2 dll´s files of the zip in the first post, go to ms-dos and then execute "pdocread -l", only a seconds and appear the firs image on first post. See part01 and part02 (Coloured numbers) and type: pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p part01 0 0xYOURNUMBERSHERE part01.raw (Take 1 minute)
pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p part02 0 0xYOUR NUMBERS HERE part02.raw (Take 10 minutes)
Now you have the two .raw files. Part01 for XIP and Part02 for ROM! Thanks

DON´T PUT THE NUMBERS OF THE EXAMPLE! YOU NEED TO TYPE THE NUMBERS YOU TAKE ON "pdocread.exe -l"

when you dump the ROM/follow these instructions does that mean the system files (i.e. windows etc) stay on the machine or ar they moved to your C drive and the machine is empty? i.e. is the machine usable after the dump? I want to put an english rom, but would like to save my french rom and not *screw up the machine in process...

thanks for answering the newbie

xS

Feb 17, 2009

When you download the rom NOTHING CHANGE in your htc. You only make an backup of the rom (But the mobile run properly!).

It´s not necesary that all the people make an backup! You only need a room of your languaje and in the post "rom link base" are a lot.

If you want to change your splash image or insert new programs on the rom is necesary to use Kitchen, is very difficult and is easy to make samething wrong. And maybe your jade don´t run (Nothing important beacause you can install a new rom later).

But you can try downloading de jade kitchen (In other post) if you want... with "jade kitchen" and part01.raw and part02.rar you will get an .nbh file this is the rom. Later you only need to upload the compiled rom (.nbh) to the device. In this process you need to use more than 5 or 6 programs to edit, mount, compile an upload the rom... not easy. But guru´s compile all in a .exe file, only connect and ejecute... we can help downloading roms,trying the guru´s software, donating, posting our experience... and helping the others!

It´s dificult! But is great to learn more and maybe in the future we can make our own roms, I´m reading every day a lot of post about kitchen and I hope to use it some day!

Last edited:

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
But you can try downloading de jade kitchen (In other post) if you want... with "jade kitchen" and part01.raw and part02.rar you will get an .nbh file this is the rom. Later you only need to upload the compiled rom (.nbh) to the device.

It´s dificult! But is great to learn more and maybe in the future we can make our own roms, I´m reading every day a lot of post about kitchen and I hope to use it some day!

I'm reading alot here to, cuz i want to know how to rebuild my dumped ROM (and maybe...maybe in the future cook a brand new ROM).
Where do i have to put the part01.raw and part02.raw in the kitchen to create a nbh file? Do i have to modify one or both raw parts first?

I'm eager to learn and don't mind to read around, but a little hint would be much appreciated :)

tx in advance!

gorila22

Oct 16, 2005
Brussels
When you download the rom NOTHING CHANGE in your htc. You only make an backup of the rom (But the mobile run properly!).

It´s not necesary that all the people make an backup! You only need a room of your languaje and in the post "rom link base" are a lot.

If you want to change your splash image or insert new programs on the rom is necesary to use Kitchen, is very difficult and is easy to make samething wrong. And maybe your jade don´t run (Nothing important beacause you can install a new rom later).

But you can try downloading de jade kitchen (In other post) if you want... with "jade kitchen" and part01.raw and part02.rar you will get an .nbh file this is the rom. Later you only need to upload the compiled rom (.nbh) to the device. In this process you need to use more than 5 or 6 programs to edit, mount, compile an upload the rom... not easy. But guru´s compile all in a .exe file, only connect and ejecute... we can help downloading roms,trying the guru´s software, donating, posting our experience... and helping the others!

thanks estancolaplaza for an exellent explanation!

gorila22

Oct 16, 2005
Brussels
ERROR: ITReadDisk : read 00000000 bytes - The storage control block address is i

i get this error while trying to extract my 01 part...any suggestions? Part 02 worked fine!

C:\1>pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part01 0 0x62e0000 Part01.raw
CopyTFFSToFile(0x0, 0x62e0000, Part01.raw)
ERROR: ITReadDisk : read 00000000 bytes - The storage control block address is invalid.

tx
xS

ady_uaic

Dec 12, 2006
Birmingham
i get this error while trying to extract my 01 part...any suggestions? Part 02 worked fine!

C:\1>pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part01 0 0x62e0000 Part01.raw
CopyTFFSToFile(0x0, 0x62e0000, Part01.raw)
ERROR: ITReadDisk : read 00000000 bytes - The storage control block address is invalid.

tx
xS

pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part01 0 0x380000 Part01.raw this is your mistake.

Jademan

Mar 10, 2009
To restore a dumped ROM:

1. To get the tools you'll need, install Kitchen for Jade (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=441872).
  2. Put your Part02.raw file in the Jade_Kitchen folder.
  3. Open a command prompt and type cd c:\Jade_Kitchen.
  4. Type the following two commands:
    TOOLS\ImgfsToNb Part02.raw ROM\OS.nb.payload OS-new.nb.payload
    TOOLS\NBMerge -kaiser OS-new.nb
  5. Double-click htcrt.exe in the TOOLS folder:
    1. Click the Build! button.
    2. Select Jade * in Device list.
    3. Put your version in the Version box.
    4. Change Language if necessary.
    5. Click ... after the OS box and select the OS-new.nb you just built (it's in the Jade_Kitchen folder).
    6. Click Build! and enter RUU_signed.nbh in the File name box, click Save.
    7. Wait a few minutes for htc rom tool to do it's stuff and you'll have RUU_signed.nbh in your Kade_Kitchen folder ready to be flashed.
  6. Copy your new RUU_signed.nbh from the Jade_kitchen folder into the FLASH folder (you can delete or rename the RUU_signed.nbh that's already there).
  7. Double-click CustomRUU.exe to flash the ROM.

Your phone should now be restored to it's original ROM.

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
To restore a dumped ROM:

1. To get the tools you'll need, install Kitchen for Jade (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=441872).
    5. Click ... after the OS box and select the OS-new.nb you just built (it's in the Jade_Kitchen folder).
    7. Wait a few minutes for htc rom tool to do it's stuff and you'll have RUU_signed.nbh in your Kade_Kitchen folder ready to be flashed.
  6. Copy your new RUU_signed.nbh from the Jade_kitchen folder into the FLASH folder (you can delete or rename the RUU_signed.nbh that's already there).

Thank you very much for your excelent guidlines! Only a question: how is possible to extract the Part01.raw and in which folder you have to put, before building the ROM? Thanks again for your kind cooperation!

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
To restore a dumped ROM:

Thank you so much for this clear guide. With this i managed to rebuild and flash my own ROM.
One question...just like plvigo..how can i merge the part01.raw? If i'm correct, this file contains a few specific files/settings for a specific language/country. I'd like to add them as well.

Jademan

Mar 10, 2009
How to merge your Part01.raw

How to merge your Part01.raw:

Your Part01.raw is the XIP partition of your dump. It contains the core operating system files and should not change between OS versions. If you want to rebuilt your dump and keep your original Part01.raw then you need to insert Part01.raw into the OS.nb.payload file that you use to rebuild your ROM. XIPPort can do that, here's how:

1. Install Kitchen for Jade (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=441872).
  2. Download XIPPort (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83701&d=1209368244) and extract the files to your c:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder.
  3. Rename your Part01.raw file to xip_out.bin and copy it to your c:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder.
  4. Move the OS.nb.payload file from C:\Jade_Kitchen\ROM to C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS.
  5. Double click XIPPort.exe in your C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder and under the 'write xip_out.bin to:' button change the 00310000 to 00320000 and change nk.nb to OS.nb.payload.
  6. Click the 'write xip_out.bin to:' button. Your Part01.raw has now been patched into OS.nb.payload.
  7. Move the OS.nb.payload file back from C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS to C:\Jade_Kitchen\ROM.

Now follow my guide above (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3457486) on how to restore a dumped ROM.

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
Thank you so much Jademan! It's all clear now.

I'm happy you're willing to share your knowledge, not everybody in here does that.

jychan28

Apr 3, 2006
California
i get some fail massage about locked :confused:

"Could not update itsutils.dll to the current version, maybe it is inuse?
try restarting your device, or restart activesync
or maybe your device is application-locked."

it's possible that i need first the Hard SPL do dump the ROM with this tool??? or can i unlock the application in a other way??

i need dump this ROM for all they want a chines ROM because as soon i can flash it i will change it to engish!! :p

ok i fund the solution

(changing HKLM\Security\Policies\Policiesvaluename '00001001' was set to dword:2, change it to dword:1)

After all this time, I still have to come back to refer to it. Thank You Again!

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
can someone pls help me:

part00.raw is the splash screen ?
part01.raw is xip - what is xip ?
part02.raw is os
what is part-3.raw

and is the radio in part02.raw ?

many thx in advance

freednd

Aug 7, 2008
hey guys..

i just get my Jade..
is there a way to dump the complete phone without booting it?
caus pdocread.exe needs a bootet phone, so all the install stuff is done

is there a way to dump the phone by using the bootloader or so ?

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
hey guys..

i just get my Jade..
is there a way to dump the complete phone without booting it?
caus pdocread.exe needs a bootet phone, so all the install stuff is done

is there a way to dump the phone by using the bootloader or so ?

It doesn't matter if your phone has booted when dumping the ROM.
The stuff it installs when it first boots won't be dumped. You only dump the last flashed image, not the current user data (programs, PIM data, etc).

Ta
Dave

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
can someone pls help me:

part00.raw is the splash screen ?
part01.raw is xip - what is xip ?
part02.raw is os
what is part-3.raw

and is the radio in part02.raw ?

many thx in advance

I don't know what's in the Part00 or Part03 without looking.
The XIP is explained (in detail) here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa450572.aspx
The radio isn't so easy to dump, if you really want to read on here :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=359015

Ta
Dave

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
How to merge your Part01.raw:

Your Part01.raw is the XIP partition of your dump. It contains the core operating system files and should not change between OS versions. If you want to rebuilt your dump and keep your original Part01.raw then you need to insert Part01.raw into the OS.nb.payload file that you use to rebuild your ROM. XIPPort can do that, here's how:

1. Install Kitchen for Jade (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=441872).
  2. Download XIPPort (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83701&d=1209368244) and extract the files to your c:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder.
  3. Rename your Part01.raw file to xip_out.bin and copy it to your c:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder.
  4. Move the OS.nb.payload file from C:\Jade_Kitchen\ROM to C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS.
  5. Double click XIPPort.exe in your C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS folder and under the 'write xip_out.bin to:' button change the 00310000 to 00320000 and change nk.nb to OS.nb.payload.
  6. Click the 'write xip_out.bin to:' button. Your Part01.raw has now been patched into OS.nb.payload.
  7. Move the OS.nb.payload file back from C:\Jade_Kitchen\TOOLS to C:\Jade_Kitchen\ROM.

Now follow my guide above (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3457486) on how to restore a dumped ROM.

Jademan you are a star!
A quick qu. will the procedure involving only Part02.raw also restore my original radio rom ? I actually had a 0.29 radio rom which was overwritten with a rom upgrade back to the stock 0.27. I would like to reflash my orig rom to get my radio back and then flash with one of the cooked roms that doesn't overwrite the radio.

sry for the newbie qus.
cheers

zukers

Mar 9, 2009
Google Pixel 5
have problems with restoring my original dumped Topaz ROM, after build RUU_signed.nbh when upgrade is working there is an error [244]: Invalid Model ID. Can anyone help me?