Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM on unlocked SGH-i747

Search This thread

cvillalta

Jan 2, 2012
Hey, people!

I have an unlocked SGH-i747 I got last week. Today I tried to enable USB tethering, but I got the message "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM"; same thing happens if I try to enable Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

¿Any solution to this? I know I will probably have to root the phone, that's no problem.

Thanks!

Brzi Joe

Jun 29, 2009
I have AT&T device, rooted and unlocked on another provider; also build-in tether does not work.
But it is working over 3rd party free (donate) application "Wifi tether" for rooted devices.

EDIT:
I double checked now, and it does not transmit any data over "Wifi tether" application. Sorry, it does not work....

Last edited:

bachelora2001

Feb 13, 2013
How do you do flashing of the SGH I747

Yeah; I didn't know AT&T does that for tethering. I just flashed a modified stock ROM with the tether fix and that worked out pretty well.

Thanks!

How do I do the flashing and which modified stock ROM with the tether fix did you use? I would appreciate your help. Having the same tethering problem.

Oct 10, 2012
Hey, people!

I have an unlocked SGH-i747 I got last week. Today I tried to enable USB tethering, but I got the message "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM"; same thing happens if I try to enable Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

¿Any solution to this? I know I will probably have to root the phone, that's no problem.

Thanks!

Bone stock? You got to pay for it stock. Flash a custom ROM, it should work.

Guys, please, do your homework. :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2057344

This one is new, and you need to make sure you follow it carefully.

Okay, so the question I have for OP is -- do you have network data turned on?

"Mobile data is not available" << means that data is turned off. Turn data on, then try to enable hot spot, then that should work.

http://www.marksatterfield.com

cvillalta

Jan 2, 2012
Mark, are you serious?? Of course I have network data turned on! Why would one try to share a disabled connection?

And always remember to read the whole message: "Mobile data is not available OR invalid SIM."

Domoo

Mar 16, 2013
Have you guys tried pdanet? I've used it on stock and haven't had an issue with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Reactions: dcr4m

dcr4m

Mar 7, 2013
Radom
If you don't want to flash ur phone just download some app for sharing ur 4g or something dude. example fast wifi tether free it will gonna work for free

Koushtj

Dec 2, 2013
If you don't want to flash ur phone just download some app for sharing ur 4g or something dude. example fast wifi tether free it will gonna work for free
I have the same issue, get the no mobile data or invalid sim with the built in feature. Tried different 3rd party apps and I get the same message with those. Tried the tether unlocker and that didn't work either. Even did the tethering provision file replacement and it still does the same thing. Contacted Rogers and I have tethering feature. My phone is a AT&T GS4 unlocked.

deepaknetfren

Dec 31, 2014
I have successfully enable wifi tethering in AT&T SGH-I747 by flashing modified framework-res.apk. It is for Android 4.4.2

deepaknetfren

Dec 31, 2014
I flashed my Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T SGH-I747 and Wifi Tethering is working fine.
This is for AT&T SGH-I747 with Android 4.4.2 and with Baseband Version i747UCUFNJ1.
Download it. Once download you need to flash using any custom recovery.
Though it is not required but it is always advised to take complete backup of the device. Also, you need to try at your own risk. If you brick the phone, I won't be responsible. I flashed my phone and everything looks good.

Feel free to donate if it help.

Attachments

• Tether_i747UCUFNJ1.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 687
Last edited:

Benzmaffia

Dec 4, 2013
plus.google.com
I flashed my Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T SGH-I747 and Wifi Tethering is working fine.
This is for AT&T SGH-I747 with Android 4.4.2 and with Baseband Version i747UCUFNJ1.
Though it is not required but it is always advised to take complete backup of the device. Also, you need to try at your own risk. If you brick the phone, I won't be responsible. I flashed my phone and everything looks good.

Thanks a lot. I download the file and flashed it and it worked sgh-i747 digicel network Jamaica

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you guys tried pdanet? I've used it on stock and haven't had an issue with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747