[Q] [SOLVED!]HTC Desire z bootloop

Search This thread

runoono

Jan 17, 2014
So,
I just bought a Htc Desire z a few days ago. Unlocked the bootloader, Installed CWM. All was going well until I decided to flash a Rom then the phone when into a bootloop and CWM stopped working.
So far I've fixed the recovery through fastboot but I'm still in a bootloop.

Any Ideas?

Additional details:
I'm on Ubuntu, I'm not so good with fastboot(or adb), the phone is a Turkish HTC desire Z, I have a NAndroid back-up right before I flashed the rom. I've tried combining it with the stock recovery. Obviously didn't work.

what's on my HBoot screen

VISION PVT S-ON
HBOOT 0.85.0015
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot

Last edited:

rmw98

Jun 6, 2012
Neede
HTC One (m7)
HTC Vision: G2
So,
I just bought a Htc Desire z a few days ago. Unlocked the bootloader, Installed CWM. All was going well until I decided to flash a Rom then the phone when into a bootloop and CWM stopped working.
So far I've fixed the recovery through fastboot but I'm still in a bootloop.

Any Ideas?

Additional details:
I'm on Ubuntu, I'm not so good with fastboot(or adb), the phone is a Turkish HTC desire Z, I have a NAndroid back-up right before I flashed the rom. I've tried combining it with the stock recovery. Obviously didn't work.

what's on my HBoot screen

VISION PVT S-ON
HBOOT 0.85.0015
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot

How did you unlock the bootloader? With HTC dev?

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010

rmw98

Jun 6, 2012
Neede
HTC One (m7)
Hi,

VISION PVT S-ON
It means security ON

So, it won't let you flash anything

First, you have to run a rom again (dunno how....
from bootloader what are yours options? You can go to recovery?
if not, maybe installing a RUU from bootloader... But wait, i'm not sure you can...

And then, you'll start again :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266

Or he could just use the fastboot command: Fastboot flash boot boot.img like i do?
I have S-on too.

runoono

Jan 17, 2014
Now we're going to

Hi,

VISION PVT S-ON
It means security ON

So, it won't let you flash anything

First, you have to run a rom again (dunno how....
from bootloader what are yours options? You can go to recovery?
if not, maybe installing a RUU from bootloader... But wait, i'm not sure you can...

And then, you'll start again :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266

No actually I can extract a RUU to a IMG file.
I currently can go into the bootloader(therefore into fastboot) and I can flash recoveries long as they're in img format.
I know this going to sound stupid considering that I got this far but what exactley is a RUU ? I mean I know I got the Hboot update from one but do they contain stock Roms as well?

How did you unlock the bootloader? With HTC dev?

I strung a few together tutorials but you know they're all same. sudo fastboot oem get_identifier_token. So yes.

Last edited:

rmw98

Jun 6, 2012
Neede
HTC One (m7)
I strung a few together tutorials but you know they're all same. sudo fastboot oem get_identifier_token. So yes.[/QUOTE]

in that case you just have to copy the boot.IMG file from the rom you downloaden. Put it in the map with fastboot etc. Then open a terminal and type fastboot flash boot boot.img I dont know if how this works on Ubuntu. But i think its something like that on Ubuntu.

Reactions: runoono

runoono

Jan 17, 2014
I strung a few together tutorials but you know they're all same. sudo fastboot oem get_identifier_token. So yes.

in that case you just have to copy the boot.IMG file from the rom you downloaden. Put it in the map with fastboot etc. Then open a terminal and type fastboot flash boot boot.img I dont know if how this works on Ubuntu. But i think its something like that on Ubuntu.[/QUOTE]

finally something that is NOT Hboot or the recovery menu and certaintly is not the HTC logo. I'll try to find a s-off tutorial. Thanks :good:

rmw98

Jun 6, 2012
Neede
HTC One (m7)
in that case you just have to copy the boot.IMG file from the rom you downloaden. Put it in the map with fastboot etc. Then open a terminal and type fastboot flash boot boot.img I dont know if how this works on Ubuntu. But i think its something like that on Ubuntu.

finally something that is NOT Hboot or the recovery menu and certaintly is not the HTC logo. I'll try to find a s-off tutorial. Thanks :good:[/QUOTE]

So it works? Glad to help! :D

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Its in the first post, first you need to get a factory image running and relock your bootloader, then follow the steps in the xda wiki or strawmetals PDF guide. If you don't want to do this and would rather keep secure flags on then then each ROM you flash you will need to fastboot flash the kernel when done
But I highly recommend to get true radio s-off

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I strung a few together tutorials but you know they're all same. sudo fastboot oem get_identifier_token. So yes.[/QUOTE]

finally something that is NOT Hboot or the recovery menu and certaintly is not the HTC logo. I'll try to find a s-off tutorial. Thanks :good:[/QUOTE]

So it works? Glad to help! :D
    Its in the first post, first you need to get a factory image running and relock your bootloader, then follow the steps in the xda wiki or strawmetals PDF guide. If you don't want to do this and would rather keep secure flags on then then each ROM you flash you will need to fastboot flash the kernel when done
    But I highly recommend to get true radio s-off

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app