[WORKING!] Android on XDA Orbit 2

Search This thread

james mellor

Mar 24, 2010
In A House.
Since I posted a thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=675311 and nobody could help me. I spent the past 5 days trying to get it to work and did it successfully (through haret).

Here's how to did it:

1. Download this .RAR I put together that includes:
-Eclair
-haret
-default.txt

2. Edit the "mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480" part of the "default.txt" to your needs. (either 320/480 or 240/320)

3. Put the content of the folder "android-orbit2-eclair" to the root of your SD card so it should be something like this:
Code:
-(D:) SD Card [COLOR="Red"](root)[/COLOR]
--conf
--media
--default.txt
--haret.exe
--initrd.gz
--rootfs.img
--system.sqsh
--zImage

4. Navigate to the SD Card (start>programs>file explorer>storage card) and click on the "haret.exe"

5. Once that has loaded up click "run" (about 3 lines down on right side)

6. Just wait, Give it chance to do its thing and simple... Android running on your XDA orbit 2. :):)

any problems, reply to this thread and I will try to fix.

Thanks, James

Reactions: verixin

nico85

Jan 3, 2010
it dosent work on my htc touch cruise.

I click on Run, and the screen becomes gradually black, and that finished as that… nothing any more occurs.

The screen is lit, but is black, and nothing occurs. :confused:

nico85

Jan 3, 2010
New problem now: I have the same message than you :

Code:
sh:2: unknown operand
losetup: /dev/block/loop 1: No such file or directory 
Failed
Failed to reach system.img on SD card.

Whats the problem ? :confused:

moondemon

Sep 7, 2008
Have you managed to get gprs/3g working with this? I can't seem to get mobile web working on my XDA Orbit II

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
I dont know whart u are doing here.
But i can use myns donut and eclair totally easy without modding something.

I just have to use the right "default.txt"...

Most packages you find here habe a "default-polaris.txt" in it or you use the one form myn ... It works great for the orbit 2 too

But maby i dont get what you are doing here.. some special build or something?

BUt running android on orbit 2 is net a problem at all just use right conf.
-----------------------
@moondemon

Wifi works with myns eclair and donut. There are fixes (androidupdate.tar) you have to use (nomorootfs)

taurusqh

Jan 23, 2009
could u tell me which version have u installed? 1.6?
I succeeded installing the 1.6 version. but when I was trying installing the latest version, I was stucked at the screen which requires me to long-push the dpad center button. I did it but didnt work. I've even tried every keys, still didnt work.
could u give me a hand on it?

moondemon

Sep 7, 2008
I have tried myn's and default-polaris does not work on my xda orbit 2. Also when I do get haret to run I have had trouble actually getting android to boot due to a continual "power wakeup" message. The default-polaris results in a flashing white screen for me. This config is the only config that actually works on my orbit 2.

mat_neu

Jul 2, 2010
Hello, i am just a newbie on Android for Polaris, so plz forgive me dump postings ;) At the moment i am a bit spacy what i have to put together to work Android on my XDA2.

android-orbit2-eclair works on my XDA2 after installing :) but:
phone can't do outgoing calls:
3G can`t connect,
Cam/Gallery crashes
Wifi works.
Touchscreen works and all the rest.

before i installed the recent builds of froyo and eclair
System shows 10-15 min nice boot flash, then it works, but touch screen doesn`t work.

Anyway all the developers doing a great job here!

rgds Matthias

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
Im not using sd haret anymore. If you try with nand flash (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=636024) everything works like a charm.

But as i used haret on my Orbit2 i was good with the package myn offered in her donut(or eclair im not sure).

In the package were a default.txt and a one for polaris/Orbit. I changed the polaris one to default (renaming) and it worked.
I think it was the donut package and it worked with zimages for eclair too.

Try this package if it works its worth a attemp to look into the default txt for other builds.

But atm i would suggest to give android at flash a try. Its almost perfekt for daily use if you not to much with some special programms on winmo.
As far as i read there are problems with haret atm gernerally that programms close even if install is fine.

mat_neu

Jul 2, 2010
Seems that flashing is the solution to all my problems, but
can you try to explain what makes the difference between haret and a NAND flash install relatet to the runing system?
Unfortunaley my XDA Obit2 is the carrier of my beloved navigation software. The other Wimo apps are junk compared with android. If there is a offline solution for Car Navigation on android, i could kick Wimo into the trash bin. Also i am a Linux user as well on my PC ;)

Krysiul

Mar 29, 2011
I've tried it and it seems it works, but I have a few questions and one major problem:

1. I installed the systems without the SIM card. When I started it again with SIM card, system says that the PIN I type is wrong altough I know that it's correct. How to solve it? Maybe it is so because I'm not O2 customer?

2. Is it possible to boot Android automatically without flashing NAND?

3. Can I theoretically Install Donut or Froyo using this method simply by putting different Zimage in the folder?

4. Do I have to perform another installation in case of buying a battery of more capacity? I saw that default.txt contains information about the battery.

5. May it work well If I change default.txt to the one prepared by atools?

Thanks for advance and greetings.

denis__at

May 23, 2009
Atyrau
Reactions: cingibi

amp2009

Jun 14, 2009
Can try rom from Scoot_CyanogenMod_6.1_RLS5.5_All_Language
I modified it for haret to O2_Orbit_2 (POLA200)_panel_3
All work perfectly except CAMERA
O2_orbit_2_panel_3_HARET_based_on_Scoot_CyanogenMod_6.1_RLS5.5_All_Languaget.rar
link bellow

Doesnt work for me ive left it about 20 mins and its still just a black screen. The first 1 worked but was slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I posted a thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=675311 and nobody could help me. I spent the past 5 days trying to get it to work and did it successfully (through haret).

Here's how to did it:

1. Download this .RAR I put together that includes:
    -Eclair
    -haret
    -default.txt

2. Edit the "mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480" part of the "default.txt" to your needs. (either 320/480 or 240/320)

3. Put the content of the folder "android-orbit2-eclair" to the root of your SD card so it should be something like this:
    Code:
    -(D:) SD Card [COLOR="Red"](root)[/COLOR]
    --conf
    --media
    --default.txt
    --haret.exe
    --initrd.gz
    --rootfs.img
    --system.sqsh
    --zImage

4. Navigate to the SD Card (start>programs>file explorer>storage card) and click on the "haret.exe"

5. Once that has loaded up click "run" (about 3 lines down on right side)

6. Just wait, Give it chance to do its thing and simple... Android running on your XDA orbit 2. :):)

any problems, reply to this thread and I will try to fix.

Thanks, James
    running on my pola 200 / orbit2 but very slow i think my sd slow too
    Can try rom from Scoot_CyanogenMod_6.1_RLS5.5_All_Language
    I modified it for haret to O2_Orbit_2 (POLA200)_panel_3
    All work perfectly except CAMERA
    O2_orbit_2_panel_3_HARET_based_on_Scoot_CyanogenMod_6.1_RLS5.5_All_Languaget.rar
    link bellow