[Q] Stock 4.04 OTA update?

Search This thread

msinkovich

Jun 10, 2009
Chicago
I got bored in a meeting and I did a system check for updates...it downloaded 4.04. Anything posted about this anywhere?

msinkovich

Jun 10, 2009
Chicago
Screenshot_2012-12-19-15-13-39.png
its the SGH-I777.

Last edited:
Reactions: j510 and 122ninjas

msinkovich

Jun 10, 2009
Chicago
Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...

Reactions: j510

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona
Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...

This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...

msinkovich

Jun 10, 2009
Chicago
Im disappointed its not JB. But I am also a little weirded out that there isnt much talk about this other places (despite having an older phone).

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...

Sammy exynos patch maybe?? Seems awfully quick for that tho...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

msinkovich

Jun 10, 2009
Chicago
SAM did say in their announcement that they "had known about this issue for some time"...this could be an update they had in the pipeline and didnt release because of an upcoming JB release.

Is there anybody else that can try to see if the update is available to them?

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
Got the update. Menus are a bit different and SW Ver is now 5 instead of 4. Guess that means the radio firmware was upgraded too. Neat.

jrod091

Feb 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Wonder if this has NFC enabled (doubt it) or if it will be easier to use the NFC enabler from the ported section since the 4.0.3 version wasn't working. Fiancee wants to tension as close to stick add possible, but wants NFC to beam stuff, lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
Think I found a small glitch in the weather display on the lock screen. It don't usually get that hot down here until at least February.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355996126622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355996126622.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: j510 and 122ninjas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_2012-12-19-15-13-39.png
    its the SGH-I777.
    Wonder if this has NFC enabled (doubt it) or if it will be easier to use the NFC enabler from the ported section since the 4.0.3 version wasn't working. Fiancee wants to tension as close to stick add possible, but wants NFC to beam stuff, lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Haha! I'll look into it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    Think I found a small glitch in the weather display on the lock screen. It don't usually get that hot down here until at least February.
    Chainfire's Root exploit app will take this from bone stock to fully rooted in seconds. This OTA has the recently found exploit vulnerability in Exynos devices, apparently. Check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297 Its the easiest root setup I've EVER done.