Sep 15, 2011
China , but it works nice 4me.

Germany

Some usless China apps r over ...

But..WLAN works nice /stable

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

chopdi

Sep 15, 2011
Idts...but its a update.. So u dont need gapps .

danielterci

Oct 8, 2009
Brussels
Tried to update using the local update. The phone restarted, went to the update mode ... and then blank... frozen black. I just took my eyes off it 2 secs. Now it is writing yellow lines for update status, now it's gone.

Don't know whether I bricked it or not. But given the fact that I get not even a charging amber led when I connect the cable, it seems it's in "coma".
And since the battery is not removable I cannot do the tricks I used to do with my ol' DHD.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

felfex

Aug 6, 2013
İstanbul
forum.donanimhaber.com
Tried to update using the local update. The phone restarted, went to the update mode ... and then blank... frozen black. I just took my eyes off it 2 secs. Now it is writing yellow lines for update status, now it's gone.

Don't know whether I bricked it or not. But given the fact that I get not even a charging amber led when I connect the cable, it seems it's in "coma".
And since the battery is not removable I cannot do the tricks I used to do with my ol' DHD.

There is always a brick risk rom update..If the screen opens previous version dload folder move to sd card (sd card remove and card reader with pc connect) and power+volumeup+volume down push force firmware update..

may be a solution..

warea

Dec 1, 2007
With wifi stability, any improvement in battery ? I read one review of p6 that shows battery drain on internet is quite high compared to other phones. So perhaps it got something to do with these signal issues.

stuartggray

Sep 20, 2013

Does holding the power button down for 10 seconds work?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

I did today updated to version B117, and I had a big surprise : after update -> device with white screen :crying:

( can not put device in recovery , even on power off ; pressed 10 sec. on "power" or "power + volume down + volume up" - device only reboot on white screen ! )

Now waiting to be discharged the battery was nearly full :D - I hope to fix it on warranty :confused: My device is Huawei P6-U06 !

( This rom was flashed : P6-U06V100R001C17B117SP01 -> downloaded from here ! )

Last edited:

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
I "dirty" updated from b116 to b117 without any problems.

just lost root, but got it back with eroot

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk 2

raxman68

Jul 27, 2012
Hi !

I did today updated to version B117, and I had a big surprise : after update -> device with white screen :crying:

( can not put device in recovery , even on power off ; pressed 10 sec. on "power" or "power + volume down + volume up" - device only reboot on white screen ! )

Now waiting to be discharged the battery was nearly full :D - I hope to fix it on warranty :confused: My device is Huawei P6-U06 !

( This rom was flashed : P6-U06V100R001C17B117SP01 -> downloaded from here ! )

Did u try connecting usb and put it in huawei recovery mode?

Reactions: tonyw111

danielterci

Oct 8, 2009
Brussels
It seems that the only solution to do anything in case of bricked devices might be to wait for the battery to get fully discharged and the phone to shut down by itself. Then charge it and afterwards trying to enter the recovery mode.

I've seen in my case that when the battery was low the red led blinked. When I connected the cable after several minutes the led just turned off by itself. It should have been amber to show a normal charging status. So, if the bricked phone did shut down, the led should be amber when charging. It's the only logical way to validate the off state and of course charging.

For the older phones, pulling the battery out did the trick, but in this case this is not possible. Therefore, just be careful with any update/ROM upgrade. The risk of having to go to service with issues and not being able to DIY it's a lot higher.

LE: In my case the screen was all black and no other trick worked. Not even connecting to the PC and trying to force any script with adb or fastboot.

Last edited:

chopdi

Sep 15, 2011
WLAN about 2%

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380715893557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380715893557.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 416

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend P6 Unicom version
    (P6-U06, EmotionUI 1.6, B117)

Multilanguage (But this China Rom - other regions brick risk)

Changelog ;
    Optimization System Stability
    Optimization and upgrading WIFI compatibility

Source ;
    Emotion Download

Download
    I did disable most (although i didn't disable as much when using B111), but i do notice some of it like google now, location service wifi, and playstore auto update were on. On the other hand, i did monitor the battery in flight mode which i thought would disable all of that from functioning. But maybe not. I also notice on battery snapshot that my phone was awakening at random intervals even though screen off and flight mode on. So ill give it another try carefully checking apps running in app manager.

I also realised that after factory setting, wifi setting again changed and so maybe that effected my WiFi where i noticed a couple of times wifi getting dropped. Other than that, as far as usage post factory reset, this Rom feels more stable then B111 regards to wifi. But Ill have to monitor wifi stability more.

As for the browser, then yea it takes a lot of battery. And the performance of huawei browser, chrome, firefox and boat are same. Takes the same amount of battery as far as i see (only firefox was showed on screenshot because i used that last). But ill take a look at the browser settings and try disabling other stuff. In general though browsers do consume battery a lot. But the hardly making it 6hrs browsing span i get is too low when online reviews with earliest ROM were getting 6 and 1/2 hrs plus. I used to get better browsing time on B111 too even though i didnt disable any location setting or play store or anything else related to browser.

Right, I think I've worked out what was causing the battery drain whilst WiFi was on.... I noticed that there is an app/service running called "Rx Networks PGPS Seed Downloader" which I don't remember seeing before the upgrade to B118. I've researched it and it looks like it's there to try to provide more accurate GPS location, see here: http://www.rxnetworks.ca/products/assisted-data-solutions/gpstream-pgps . Anyway, I stopped the app and then disabled it. Now the battery drain has disappeared when WiFi is on. I can see by my battery usage graph that as soon as i disabled that app, the battery line stopped going down at such a steep rate and levelled out. I've had my WiFi on this morning for an hour and only lost 1% instead of 5%.

Take a look at your running apps and see if it's there. I do remember seeing something similar last year following a firmware upgrade on my Galaxy S3 but it disappeared following another firmware upgrade.
    Hi all,

1st: sorry for Surdu.
    2nd: I updated to 117 (reverted from Surdu V02 to 116), but, all my Google apps were gone. I managed to download Googleplay.apk, and therefore installed all Google apps, but my contacts still don't sync.
    Help wanted! ;)

Many thanks in advance.

Okdac

Hi, use gapps and install them with cwm ... then everything should work :cool:

Here is a link: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    Its include gapps??

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
    Hi all,

It seems that there's a B122 leaked by Huawei.

Here's an article with a download link: - http://huaweinews.com/2013/11/ascend-p6-b122-firmware/

:)

A thread already here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2511173 :)

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk