[Q] Vibrate - not strong?

Search This thread

ericdmiller

Dec 30, 2013
I have the vibrate set to "strong" but I'm noticing it's very weak. Almost too weak to notice, does anyone else agree?

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I have mine on strong as well and it's not that strong. Don't want to know what weak feels like.

madmike23

Mar 1, 2007
Brea, CA
It works fine for me. If I was playing basketball or something, I think the sound alert would be best. But for a meeting, I have it on weak and its ok. I guess I'm more sensitive. The strong in a meeting, other people can hear the buzz.

clavit

Jan 15, 2006
I just got a Neo, and i agree that vibration is very weak.
I came from a Pebble kickstarter edition, and that vibrated a lot stronger.
On the Neo, i often miss messages because of the weak vibrations...never happened on the Pebble.

cryptiq

Sep 21, 2010
Gear 2, weak vibrate here too. I never tried the 1st gen Galaxy Gear so I can't compare the two. But I'm definitely disappointed. The biggest driver for me getting the Gear 2 was because I miss phone calls and other notifications a lot when my phone is in my pocket, I was hoping this was the answer but so far it hasn't been. Making the band snug helps some. I wonder if the people who have swapped to a metal band have noticed any improvement with the vibration?

Pentrebach

Nov 6, 2013
+1 that was also my reason for getting the watch - missing notifications. (That and I can answer the phone on it, so cant do pebble) Lets hope on the next software push they have a "super strong" because what they call strong, if I am moving around, cant be felt. Maybe an option for vibration patterns might help too. Like if it would buzz me longer or more times that would be better at least.

TopDogg1

Aug 14, 2008
Gear 1 vibration was way stronger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Yep, very disappointing. I have the Neo and I sometimes won't even feel it if I'm moving around.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

logichoops

Dec 2, 2010
www.markmiller.in
Same here, came from a pebble, have my phone on silent and my watch too, depend on the vibration to notify me of missed calls or texts during meetings, sometimes cant feel a thing, hoping with time some dev finds a way of increasing strength or length of vibrate

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
See, to me, the vibration is perfect! I was using a ZWatch for a while and that thing sounded like an industrial vibration unit was strapped to my arm. My boss always knew when something came in, so I typically didn't bother with the vibration feature except for wake-up alarms.

With this, I get two very quick buzzes and it's silent. I've set it so the notification doesn't force the display to turn on so I can be more discreet in seeing my notifications.

I see nothing wrong with the vibration.

However, if others require more, then hopefully there's something that can be done to address it.

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Gear 1 vibration was way stronger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agreed! Gear 1 was much stronger. I dont think I even used it on its strongest setting it worked much better.
I miss the buzz on my Gear 2 anytime I'm moving around alot, and a lot of the time when Im driving.

Then the fun of the phantom buzz has begun. Im paying more attention looking for that faint buzz that I keep checking it for notifications to find there aren't any. Just like when you have your phone on vibrate and you THINK you felt it. ugh. (Biggest complaint about the watch.)

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
When I first got my Gear2 I noticed the vibrate anytime it went, but now I hardly notice it and often miss it :( I made sure mine is set to strong too.

xformulax

Jul 1, 2010
When i was going through the initial setup, I'm not even sure why but the watch vibrated and it was VERY strong.... now "strong" feels like 10% of the vibration I initially felt.

Very disappointed with that, and the pedometer... I swear I sat around the house eating junk food all day and i'm nearing 4500 steps.....

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
I just went and got a gear 2 since my gear one broke and i have to say the vibration on this thing is much much weaker, the speaker on the other hand is much louder.