dualrecovery not working after using EasyRootTool ?

Search This thread

matt.s

May 7, 2013
Hello folks,

I just spend a couple of hours trying to get some new software on my Z1C. My inital plan was to flash PA 4.4 final, but that didn't really work out. Here's what happend:

1) I received the 108 update OTA. I used EasyRootTool ( ht tp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900) with option 2 to regain root access. That seemed to work so far. Afterwards I tried to installed lockeddualrecovery using the Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.129-BETA.installer, and here things started to get strange. I couldn't boot into CWM, so I made a backup using TWRP.
2) I unlocked my bootloader
3) I flashed PA following the instructions given in the thread: ht tp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2764775
4) I was stuck with a bootloop, showing the PA start screen.

So I tried to roll back using the TWRP backup I made before unlocking the bootloader, but TWRP won't recognize the backup. I tried putting it in a folder named TWRP, directly into the root folder, interal SD, external SD...all the same, it just doesn't show up. I also can't install one of my older CWM backups, as trying to boot into CWM leads to a bootloop showing the "SONY" screen.

So I decided to flash a stock ROM (D5503_14.4.A.0.108_GenericDE_(1279-6978)) using flashtool and repeated the procedure. Again, I'm stuck with a TWRP that won't recognize its own backup and a broken CWM. Same if I start with D5503_14.3.A.0.757_GenericDE_(1279-6978).

Finally I managed to install CWM using the older version Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.128-BETA.installer.zip. My question therefore: Was I doing something wrong or could this be a bug in Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.129-BETA.installer.zip?

Last edited:

matt.s

May 7, 2013
It`s a bug, you didn´t made something wrong!
;)

Thanks, so if I'm using Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.128-BETA and follow the instructions from the PA 4.4 thread, it shouldn't matter if I come from 108 or 757 right? Right now I'm on 757, so I would prefer to upgrade from here straight to PA 4.4 :)

Top Liked Posts