OTA update

Search This thread

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
Hello, I got an OTA update from ZVA to ZVC, but when the phone restart to apply the update it still on ZVA.....Any help please

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Hello, I got an OTA update from ZVA to ZVC, but when the phone restart to apply the update it still on ZVA.....Any help please

if any system files have been modified, then the ota wont work. easiest way to get to zvc is to tot to it. (copy all pictures and anything important that is in the internal memory to a computer first! )

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
if any system files have been modified, then the ota wont work. easiest way to get to zvc is to tot to it. (copy all pictures and anything important that is in the internal memory to a computer first! )

hmmmm when I flash the ZVA I dissable all apps from sprint... I rename each of does like example.apk.bak, is that the reason why it cant update?

hmmmm when I flash the ZVA I dissable all apps from sprint... I rename each of does like example.apk.bak, is that the reason why it cant update?
Yup exactly why, it will fail even if 1 file is missing or wrong. As poster above you stated, best bet is to first backup all your important files currently on your internal storage to a pc & then tot your device to ZVC.

Sent from my G2

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
Yup exactly why, it will fail even if 1 file is missing or wrong. As poster above you stated, best bet is to first backup all your important files currently on your internal storage to a pc & then tot your device to ZVC.

Sent from my G2

When I flash the ZVA I had to unlock it, and APNS stuff, does that matter? or only the apps that I dissable

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
I change the app names back to original .apk and still cant apply the update....

What I know is that when I flash ZVA I had to appky the permanent unlock for it to work with my sim.... ( I replace the carrier folder, the apn file, and other stuff mentionen on unlock threat...

If I want to update OTA to ZVC do I have to let the ZVA without unlock?

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
I change the app names back to original .apk and still cant apply the update....

What I know is that when I flash ZVA I had to appky the permanent unlock for it to work with my sim.... ( I replace the carrier folder, the apn file, and other stuff mentionen on unlock threat...

If I want to update OTA to ZVC do I have to let the ZVA without unlock?

Mine update OTA was fine, I also done the unlock..
Anyways sprint is rolling ZVD now..