Q&A For GTabCombOver

Search This thread

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
wifi

OK, so I'm getting wifi if I use my Sensations hotspot but my home wifi will not connect.... I'm confused right now. Reflashed it just to make sure all the settings were how they were "built from the box" but I keep hitting the same wall.... I don't get it... I'll try the logcat tomorrow. Follow the instructions previously posted here for that right? Also, I couldnt get ADB to recognize my Gtab either... Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Is that the entirety of your wpa_supplicant.conf file or only a fragment? Because, there are other parameters missing, and it says "Network=..." instead of "network=...". Not sure if case matters in the wpa_supplicant.conf file, but, it is something to check.

A detailed debug output would help in troubleshooting your problem. Get it by doing this in CWM:
Code:
$ [B]adb remount[/B]
$ [B]adb shell mv /system/bin/wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.bin[/B]
$ [B]adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant[/B]
$ [B]adb shell chown root.system /system/bin/wpa_supplicant[/B]
$ [B]adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant[/B]
Use this shell script as the wpa_supplicant to push:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

exec /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.bin -ddd "$@"
Collect the logs like this:
1. Power off gTab.
2. Connect USB cable.
3. Run "adb logcat -v time > logcat.txt" in a CMD.exe window.
4. Power on gTab.
5. Kill the adb logcat or shutdown tablet after WiFi has errored out.
This will collect all the logs right from the beginning.

Once I turn off the tablet, where do I collect the info from? Does it store in my PC or on the tablets sd card? Thank you.

Flash473

Jun 25, 2011
The map issue appears to be on googles end....installed a backup version from a few months ago and works perfectly...love the new combover please keep up the great work.:D

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
bootloader

Which bootloader version is better? I am still running 1.1 but do y'all think 1.2 will actually run Gtabcombover better? I don't mind smart remarks but I'm honestly asking because this is my wife's tablet and I am trying to run it as smooth as I can get her you know.... Thank you.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
There is no difference between the 1.1 and 1.2 versions of the bootloader as far as stability or performance is concerned. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other at present.

Reactions: cgingermany

matucla

Jan 16, 2011
Great Rom! One specific problem for me

Thanks for the ROM and thanks in advance for any help on my problem!

I am specifically trying to playback videos in varying formats. Some players don't work at all (I assume they are using hardware decoding). That is fine.

Players that use software decoding seem to work better, except that I have no volume control. The volume buttons "work" and the volume on screen goes from 0 to max as normal, but it doesn't affect the actual volume (except that 0 does result in mute, and anything above 0 is a set volume level).

I have tried every video player I could find.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

- Mat

raywaldo

Jul 8, 2007
Southeast Louisiana
raywaldo.com
1.2bl branch

Not any any way to conflict with Rajeevvp - he is WAAAY smarter than me on this thing. :D (We owe a LOT to him for his knowledge and assistance on the GTab.) I am sure that he is absolutely correct about the stability level of the two versions of this ROM being equal regardless of the bootloader (1.1 or 1.2).

However it is a fact that most Honeycomb/ICS development now is on the 1.2bl branch. That means that when you switch over, your options for different ROMs is enlarged greatly. This ROM is the only HC ROM, that I am aware of, that still offers the option of flashing onto a 1.1bl.

BTW, when you do switch, it is a good idea to be sure that you NVFlash with an image that will enlarge the system partition. Some ROMs (notably Flashback) require the System partition to be larger than the stock Tap-n-Tap provided.

To get it right, try my "NVFlash for Dummies" article here: http://raywaldo.com/2011/01/nvflash-for-dummies/
Also, see my partitioning article here: http://raywaldo.com/2011/07/format-the-gtab/

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
I think it bears repeating here what ROM devs/maintainers already know (but, which all regular users may not): Only kernels (both in ROM and in recovery) care about the bootloader version; ROMs don't.

So you can install, let's say, a 1.2 only ROM on a 1.1 bootloader, if you flash a 1.1 kernel immediately afterwards--or vice-versa. It is similarly not difficult to change the kernel and keep whatever version of recovery you have--CWM is just a program which, again, doesn't care about bootloader versions.

Reactions: raywaldo

raywaldo

Jul 8, 2007
Southeast Louisiana
raywaldo.com
Thanks

I think it bears repeating here what ROM devs/maintainers already know (but, which all regular users may not): Only kernels (both in ROM and in recovery) care about the bootloader version; ROMs don't.

So you can install, let's say, a 1.2 only ROM on a 1.1 bootloader, if you flash a 1.1 kernel immediately afterwards--or vice-versa. It is similarly not difficult to change the kernel and keep whatever version of recovery you have--CWM is just a program which, again, doesn't care about bootloader versions.

Thanks for the additional info.

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
bl1....

OK understood. So for now I'm good but consider switching so that I may have more options' got it. If which ever ICS comes out that's the bootloader ill check. For now this is running smooth I would hate to try and update and break the nice flow this rom has so far :) thank you for the info. And thanks for the great rom.

downtown711

Oct 14, 2009
Does this ROM support USB game controllers, such as the xbox 360 wired controller?

Thanks for making such an awesome ROM for us to enjoy, keep up the good work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

ryou057

Mar 9, 2011
I am a Japanese, Zpad T2 (built-in GPS) uses a.
Launch Google Maps, and why black out the screen after a while and then restart it.
Also, I tried using a software called GPS Test, but after a while, unable to get a GPS.
After that choose the Japanese language, so there is something to be displayed in English, I want you to respond to the Japanese.

Reactions: gtabcombover

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Launch Google Maps, and why black out the screen after a while and then restart it.
Other users have reported the same problem on other ROMs with Google Maps 6.x. Uninstall whatever you currently have and install one of the older 5.x versions. Try this one.

Also, I tried using a software called GPS Test, but after a while, unable to get a GPS.
Is GPS Test showing your location correctly at first and then failing, or is it not showing your location at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best HC Yet

I really like this ROM. Couple of items of note that i have seen. My Wifi started to error out. I have tried fixing it, but it still just reports error. I am going to try pershoots kernel. I had issues before with Clems HC kernel. Second I tried inserting a USB disk, and the status bar says USBDisk2 inserted, but it does not appear to be mounted.
    There is no difference between the 1.1 and 1.2 versions of the bootloader as far as stability or performance is concerned. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other at present.

Big thanks for bringing my favorite Rom back to live.
    Works fantastic on my Hanns.:eek:
    I am a Japanese, Zpad T2 (built-in GPS) uses a.
    After that choose the Japanese language, so there is something to be displayed in English, I want you to respond to the Japanese.