6/17/16 ReBootROM[ROM][KK][TW][4.4.2][I605VRUFND7][+EXTRAS]

Search This thread

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston
I feel like the only idiot that is stuck on the Samsung logo. Any chance anyone has a good link to flash stock so I can re-root and try this ROM out? I knew I shouldn't have cleaned out MOcha to try this half asleep! Thanks guys!

I had same issues. This is what OP told me to do in order to get to boot. I can not confirm is these steps work or not as I have not tried. After I tried odin'in my phone numerous times (even tho it aint bad or long) I just never tried it after a long night of trying to figure out why I can't boot any TW wiz roms. I have therefore stayed in CM roms
Rebooting installation
So I had to Odin stock and reunlock because I was having issues with recovery, and ran into the same problem you were having with it not booting. This is what I did.

Follow all the steps you followed up until installing rebootrom. Instead of installing rebootrom, first install a 4.3 based TouchWiz rom. Doesn't matter which, I used BloodBean as I already had it downloaded. Boot up the 4.3 rom, set up, and let it settle for a few minutes. Then reboot into recovery, wipe everything, and install rebootrom. If it boots and won't activate your phone, look in my op under the features part, and download the rom I used to base this off of. They full wipe again, install his rom, boot, setup, reboot into recovery, and dirty flash my rom.

icedventimocha

I had same issues. This is what OP told me to do in order to get to boot. I can not confirm is these steps work or not as I have not tried. After I tried odin'in my phone numerous times (even tho it aint bad or long) I just never tried it after a long night of trying to figure out why I can't boot any TW wiz roms. I have therefore stayed in CM roms
Rebooting installation
So I had to Odin stock and reunlock because I was having issues with recovery, and ran into the same problem you were having with it not booting. This is what I did.

Follow all the steps you followed up until installing rebootrom. Instead of installing rebootrom, first install a 4.3 based TouchWiz rom. Doesn't matter which, I used BloodBean as I already had it downloaded. Boot up the 4.3 rom, set up, and let it settle for a few minutes. Then reboot into recovery, wipe everything, and install rebootrom. If it boots and won't activate your phone, look in my op under the features part, and download the rom I used to base this off of. They full wipe again, install his rom, boot, setup, reboot into recovery, and dirty flash my rom.
Thanks for quoting a PM in open forum, but glad it worked :)

icedventimocha

Had to go back to stock, root, and install Mocha. Tried ReBootRom and couldn't get passed the activation screen. This ROM SafeStrap compatible? I'm assuming that's the issue...
It should be as its based on the official update Odin tar. Try installing krowley03 4.4.2. Rom, and then dirty flash ReBootROM over top. I have a bootloader unlocked phone, so can't really give any advice on safestrap.

stoph8n24

It should be as its based on the official update Odin tar. Try installing krowley03 4.4.2. Rom, and then dirty flash ReBootROM over top. I have a bootloader unlocked phone, so can't really give any advice on safestrap.

I believe you suggested that to BigMike, I tried with a couple ROMs and had the same result. It's not that I'm unhappy with Mocha, just wanted something different. Still love Mocha though! ?

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston
I remember reading somewhere you have to edit the install script and remove the boot image for safestrap, if someone points me to the thread on how to do it I can try.

Was running this rom this past weekend, and in my settings when trying to turn things on/off, there were no check mark boxes so you could not tell if it was on off.; like led lights/indicators, mock location, sleep when charging, just boxes like that do not show up. All stock setting, stock kernel.

icedventimocha

Was running this rom this past weekend, and in my settings when trying to turn things on/off, there were no check mark boxes so you could not tell if it was on off.; like led lights/indicators, mock location, sleep when charging, just boxes like that do not show up. All stock setting, stock kernel.
I'm pretty sure when I changed the implementation of the network traffic in status bar I screwed up the UID's of the checkmark on/off pngs. All options that have checkmarks still work, they just don't display. Glad you finally got this up and running though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

stoph8n24

Hey hey hey don't know if anyone here has a Note 3, but it has been unlocked, I'm I'm gonna attempt to bring this to 5.x stock Touchwiz on the Note 3, won't even have time to start work on it for over a week, but hey we waited this long for unlock, what's a few more weeks for a rom?

Nice! Haven't really found a ROM with good cell & data reception, hopefully this will do the trick!

Reactions: icedventimocha

icedventimocha

I will give it a try if you upload it. Were you able to fix the png's to show the check marks and check mark boxes?

I did not, mainly because I did a lot of edits to Settings, and to fix the issue I would most likely have to completely start over from the beginning, it would take me a few days most likely to fix a cosmetic issue (which to me isn't worth it in the long run). If there was any issue with functionality I would take the time.

Something that might help is there is an app in the playstore called ROM Settings Backup https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flextrick.settingssaver , you can backup the settings for this or another TouchWiz rom, and restore it. Its kind of a cool app as you can sort of create profiles for your rom setup and easily swap back and forth.

Reactions: bigmike35

icedventimocha

Okay so gotta fine tune some things in SystemUI, then I'm gonna upload. Here's a change log of what's in this release.

Debloated ever further, to the point you're probably gonna add apps back lol

Full greyscale theme throughout system/framework

Animated and transparent framework background (In all of TouchWiz (what's left of it anyway) and any app with a show wallpaper theme)

Animated and transparent recent apps view

Added ram bar in recent apps view

Added power button action on press/long press of statusbar clock (in order to incorporate this feature, potato gestures now is located over the signal/battey area)

Completely redid the notification header, now includes status bar view of clock/date, added network traffic indicator, added battery view, and swapped the settings/quick toggles buttons.

Added call/message blocking in settings

Added torch light options in settings (under display settings)

I think there might be a few other random things, if i remember I'll add them to the change log.

Here's some gifs of the animations in action

Last edited:
Reactions: sideshowbob29

Top Liked Posts